LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Old 2009-04-07, 3:38am
I need more boro stuff

Default Rose murrini tutorial.

Some people PM me about where to get the rose murrini tutorial.

I got them from Marilyn Peraza. Here are 2 places to get them:
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php...ng_id=21471963 or http://www.perazabeads.com

I really recommend this tutorial.

Here are what I made from this tutorial:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2009-04-07, 5:52am
Rose colored glasses…√

I just ordered it. I have the Japanese videos, and the Japanese book...why I needed another "how to" I'll never know. Perhaps I am insane.

OMG I listed some stuff!!! Little devils ARE ice skating!!!

RIP Sunday; You can donate for Izzy's Future Trust @:

Live kindly...'cause karma will bite you in the ass harder than you ever thought about nibblin'...
Old 2009-04-07, 5:55am
Cancer SUCKS!

So is it an actual murrini that you pull from a cane or is the glass applied in layers to the bead to form the rose. I'm confused.

Old 2009-04-07, 5:56am
Rose colored glasses…√

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb Hopeful Journeys View Post
So is it an actual murrini that you pull from a cane or is the glass applied in layers to the bead to form the rose. I'm confused.
Actual murrini

OMG I listed some stuff!!! Little devils ARE ice skating!!!

RIP Sunday; You can donate for Izzy's Future Trust @:

Live kindly...'cause karma will bite you in the ass harder than you ever thought about nibblin'...
Old 2009-04-07, 5:58am
Cancer SUCKS!

ooooh, way cool!

Old 2009-04-07, 6:00am
NW Oregon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb Hopeful Journeys View Post
Looks like you learn to make a rose murrini cane and then apply that to the center of a regular flower the same way the you would apply a stamen cane. Very pretty!

Jennifer
Highland Beads
Old 2009-04-07, 1:45pm
I need more boro stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukiacat View Post
Looks like you learn to make a rose murrini cane and then apply that to the center of a regular flower the same way the you would apply a stamen cane. Very pretty!

You got it right there

Old 2009-04-07, 3:19pm
birdergirl ~o~

Anyone know the "skill " level needed?
Or if there are special tools or glass involved.
I don't need another tutorial either,
now where is that link!!!

~raised by wolves~sleeps with foxes~cooks for crows~feeds the bears~scrabbles with squids~antisymmetrical~politically agnostic.

Torchering glass since spring '06~ gold cricket & oxycon!~
Old 2009-04-07, 4:42pm
I need more boro stuff

I made the murrini in Morretti and the only tool that I used were a marver and steel chopstick (any punty). But it should works on BE.

Or you can email Marilyn and ask more specific question.
Sorry, not really my tutorial so I can't say much on the contents except it's really really awesome tutorial

Old 2009-04-07, 5:18pm
birdergirl ~o~

Thank you Yunita
That is all I needed to know

~raised by wolves~sleeps with foxes~cooks for crows~feeds the bears~scrabbles with squids~antisymmetrical~politically agnostic.

Torchering glass since spring '06~ gold cricket & oxycon!~
Old 2009-04-07, 7:34pm
Queen Of the Kitty Parade

Wow awesome job!!!!!! I think that is an awesome tut!!!!!
Old 2009-04-07, 10:58pm
I speak Murrini!

Hi Yunita~~~

Thanks for posting this...I admired your bead ring and the sea shell in Gallery and wondered, hum, if you'd figured this out!

De

"Only a fool rushes to his own demise..." ~Zorro
Old 2009-04-08, 6:40am
Miles from nowhere...

Those flowers are awesome! I ordered one, can't wait to get it!

Kate

Old 2009-04-09, 10:44am

I got it, the flowers are awesome, but I don´t like the big letters with perazabeads on the paper and fotos.
Antonie

Last edited by Antonie; 2009-04-09 at 10:47am.
Old 2009-04-11, 11:15am

Quote:
Originally Posted by gubnavnania View Post
I made the murrini in Morretti and the only tool that I used were a marver and steel chopstick (any punty). But it should works on BE.

Or you can email Marilyn and ask more specific question.
Sorry, not really my tutorial so I can't say much on the contents except it's really really awesome tutorial

Thanks for all the input and questions here...and thank you for showing your creations Yunita - they're awesome!

This is for intermediate to advanced levels. You can use bullseye glass (that's what I work with exclusively). You can even use boro if you have a hot enough torch. Oh - there are some tips also included in your email telling you how to use your murini within a bead. Obviously, if you are purchasing a tutorial such as this, I'm assuming that you already know how to make a basic bead and basic flower, so I don't show photos and give detailed step by step instructions, I just give basic explanation.

Antonie (or anyone else who purchased the tut) - I have removed the gray watermark from the tutorial, so if you need a "clean" copy of it, just email me and I'll send one over.

Don't forget to post your pictures... would love to see what you all do with this technique.

Thanks!
Marilyn

~
~
~
~
~

Last edited by mperaza; 2009-04-11 at 11:20am. Reason: include additonal info
Old 2009-04-14, 1:21am

Quote:
Originally Posted by mperaza View Post
Thanks for all the input and questions here...and thank you for showing your creations Yunita - they're awesome!

This is for intermediate to advanced levels. You can use bullseye glass (that's what I work with exclusively). You can even use boro if you have a hot enough torch. Oh - there are some tips also included in your email telling you how to use your murini within a bead. Obviously, if you are purchasing a tutorial such as this, I'm assuming that you already know how to make a basic bead and basic flower, so I don't show photos and give detailed step by step instructions, I just give basic explanation.

Antonie (or anyone else who purchased the tut) - I have removed the gray watermark from the tutorial, so if you need a "clean" copy of it, just email me and I'll send one over.

Don't forget to post your pictures... would love to see what you all do with this technique.

Thanks!
Marilyn
thank you Marilyn,now your tutorial looks much more better
Antonie

Last edited by Antonie; 2009-04-18 at 8:17am.
Old 2010-01-16, 11:52am
I speak Murrini!

Weeeee! I really felt this thread deserved a loving BUMP!

Marilyn~

This is a FANTASTIC Tutorial! I've just gone CRAZY with making roses...and it's thanks to YOU that I've had some decent success!

For those of you who've desired to make rose murrini for a long, long time - it's time to revisit this Tutorial by Marilyn (http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php...ng_id=37729399)

Make sure your bring your patience - but when it works, boy oh boy, the joy of succeeding is over-the-top!

Here's a snap of the murrini cane and slices I pulled - Pink, Yellow and Red:

I also pulled some BLACK! Yeah, baby! I decided to use these as applied slices versus the plunged cane; here are the slices along with some tiny flowers I made:

And now some application pics:

Thanks again Marilyn for your generous sharing of your technique, and your support and encouragement throughout the process!

Hugs and Happy Weekend!
De

And a

Old 2010-01-16, 11:54am

wow, i want this!

Old 2010-01-16, 11:57am
I need more boro stuff

They look awesome, De

Old 2010-01-16, 12:06pm
I speak Murrini!

Thanks Josie and Yunita!

I like the look of the "tip pulled" version (Yunita and Marilyn's) better, but could hardly bare the frustration. I also know how to "implode" these (will try that next) which will give a similar effect, I hope!

Appreciate the kind words! I can hardly wait until tomorrow (everyone LEAVE ME ALONE! ) to try again!

De

Old 2010-01-16, 5:23pm
Mad about Glass

Well done, De. these look great.

[url]