Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Glacial Art Glass

Old 2008-02-10, 8:32am
Mandrel Slayer

Default Orton Controller - Jen Ken question

I have gotten a software error on my kiln three times this week. Does anyone know if this is a sign of an eminent failure of my kiln and if so, which part? It is almost two years old.

Thanks,
Bonny

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Nothing right now

What happens in Rockland, stays in Rockland.....
Hellcat, Two M-15s, propane and finally no tanked oxy.
Old 2008-02-11, 6:52am
Does it come in Purple???

Bonny - give these people a call - they make the kilns.

Via telephone M-F 8am-4pm EST:

Toll free: 1-800-329-KILN

Local area: 863-648-0585

Via e-mail:

support@jenkenkilns.com

It might be something simple like a relay. They will be able to walk you through a diagnosis.

~~

Bloodletting, mayhem and massacre first thing in the morning is the best way to start the day
Old 2008-02-11, 7:50am
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

I had this same error last year - if this is the same problem (and it sounds like it may be) you just need a new controller board. Call the number that Jodie posted and they will ship you one out right away. it was easy peasy to install!

DOG is my co-pilot
Cricket w/two 5 lpm oxycons - and sometimes a Minor.
Old 2008-02-11, 12:46pm
Mandrel Slayer

Thanks. I called them and they said to call Orton because the owners are sick so I have left a message at Orton. It's good to know that this does not mean death to my controller.

Bonny

Nothing right now

What happens in Rockland, stays in Rockland.....
Hellcat, Two M-15s, propane and finally no tanked oxy.