Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Website help and critique

Website help and critique -- Get assistance with your website.

Old 2008-04-18, 7:30pm
Rare Florida Native

I loved Susan's frits and thought the same thing when people were not getting their product (frit) - things happen in your life that cause your business to have problems.

Sounds like the same problems are the same in the webdesign business - I would make sure I covered myself and try to retrive my $$$ and find someone who could deliver my product that I need for my business.

Hope you have some recourse to collect your funds.

Communication and delivery..........key to a successful and continuing business no matter what the product is!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2008-04-18, 7:41pm
Cancer Sucks!!!

Exactly. I don't think I've been unreasonable nor am I trying to be unreasonable. When I first paid for the template set (last JULY, mind you) I had to wait MONTHS before it was installed. I was patient. Then Ashley did a custom logo for me because I'd had to wait so long. I love the logo.

Then I had them go ahead and do a mini home page. I liked it so well I decided to go ahead with the full home page design and now here I sit, waiting again. Like I've said, if there is a personal crisis, I just expect some communication, not, I'll get it done this week and then I hear, and receive nothing.

I've resisted bringing this to the forum, because I just didn't want to make it public, I thought I may get better service by not doing so, but I guess not. Like I've said, if there is a crisis of some sort, all she has to do is let me know.

I'm bilingual, I speak Sarcasm as a second language!

New beads in my shoppe!! Finally!
Old 2008-04-19, 5:18am
lurking on LE since 2005

Default splash of magic

I thought I would just chime in and say that I am very happy with my website, I think it was well worth what I paid for it, and Susan has been prompt and efficient in handling any concerns I've had, or issues that came up (like when one link spontaneously decided to not work). My site has a gorgeous home page, and everyone who visits comments on how great it looks and how easy it is to navigate.
I've bought tons of frit from her, and just wanted to throw my 2 cents in that there are happy customers out there, and in my experience, I would recommend her (I have never dealt with Ashley).

J-55

Check out my Encasing and HOLLOW tri-color Tutorials in my Etsy shop-and my NEW encased, layered, feathered bead!

Old 2008-04-19, 7:46am
Ad astra per aspera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisi View Post
Probably something pretty extreme, like a death in the family, or either she or someone in her family has a very serious illness. So I would find out what's really going on before anyone sics the local police on her like she's a common thief. If she is sick or a relative is, that's the last thing in the world she needs right now.

Think about it - if you were diagnosed with something horrible like a stage 4 cancer, wouldn't you drop off the face of the earth too, for a while at least? Would you just not give a crap about LE or even your job or business for a time? If ever again??

So, for someone who had a really good thing going like she did with Splash of Magic, something has to have gone terribly wrong in her life.
I stopped buying frit from Susan (and everyone else) when I had other things going on, before Susan's closeout and all of this other stuff happened. So probably I should just hush, because I was always a happy customer of hers.

BUT

If you all recall, Jamey Lynn (Howaco Glass) most definitely did have a serious health crisis several months ago. She did a similar clearance to get rid of stuff and help make ends meet which she went through some serious stuff. She handled HER closeout with remarkable grace, excellent communication, timely shipping with a few brief glitches, and was always available within reason to get stuff settled. Even though I wasn't back to bead making at the time, I ordered from her just to help her out, and I was very please by how my order worked out. Jamey Lynn is an awesome example of customer service...and of NOT burning your bridges just in case you do want to make a comeback eventually (which I'm glad she has).

Susan expressed a desire to return to the frit biz at some point during her closeout. At this point, having seen how very many loose ends she's left (not to mention her poor choice of a successor) I would have to need her frit very badly in order to buy from her again.

I'm so sad for the folks who are STILL waiting after all these months.

Old 2008-04-26, 6:22pm

I have had a horrible experience with Splash of Magic. I was completely wowed by Susan's designs and eagerly forked over five hundred bucks for her to do my website with a custom logo. I made out better than some...I did get my website and some "customized" work. But it was never finished, and she put it up without first getting my approval for the customization. Needless to say I can't stand the font, and my logo is not at all what I had in mind. Trying to get the work done has been like pulling teeth. The last email I sent was replied to(!) with excuses that the family is sick and Ashley had been in a car accident etc. etc. My problem is, I paid for this LAST SEPTEMBER!!! It should have been completed way back in January at the very latest. I really think the excuses are just a cover up. THE WORST EVER! It is a shame that someone with such talent has no customer or business sense.
Old 2008-05-08, 5:23pm
Cancer Sucks!!!

My home page still is not finished and now no response to emails. I am pissed! I hate being taken advantage of.

I'm bilingual, I speak Sarcasm as a second language!

New beads in my shoppe!! Finally!