Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials

Old 2009-11-19, 6:12am

The bones Please
Old 2009-11-19, 6:44am
Who me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgurden View Post
write a book!

Good idea - it would be the lampworking bible.
Old 2009-11-19, 7:29am
Cat Winx

Default Kim.. yes, yes, emphatically yes!!!

Dear Kim,

I have to echo what everyone else who's replied on this thread has said and then some.

I tracked less than a handful of artists on eBay when I first became interested in pursuing lampwork several years ago.

When I saw work I liked I would bookmark the artist and add them to my "favorite sellers" update page.

Several of the beads you made I saw there and copied then pasted to my "Inspiration" folder.

Although, when work and life's demands intervened and I no longer had the time I still tracked my occasional posts from eBay re: my "Favorite Sellers".

Sometime after that there were almost no rtists I'd been following still left on the list when I would get my "favorite Sellers" update and yet "Bluff Road" was still among them.

I suppose that's my really wordy and historically relational way of telling you the same thing I read in anther post on this thread. Something someone said about "even if you were teaching a tutorial about how to put sh*t on a stick I'd (they'd) probably buy it.

It might take me until tonight sometime to review my old saved photos and look through your site and what you're doing now but, Kim, what everyone else said... you're work is beautiful and inspiring and a tutorial from you would be immensely well received!

All the Best!

Rachel the firekat

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2009-11-19, 8:11am

Wow! Sorry I didn't get back to this thread sooner, I got sidetracked last night and I'm just getting up. Thank you all SO much for the kind comments & topic requests (and please keep those coming if you think of more!) -- I'm just floored by all the encouragement here and so, yes, I will be offering my first tutorial sometime in the very near future, and we'll see how it goes.

Thank you all again, sincerely -- I honestly didn't expect this level of enthusiasm, and it really means a lot to me. I'll keep you posted!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2009-11-19, 8:36am

Your work is amazing so YES!

Old 2009-11-19, 9:02am
beads....mmmm

Add my vote to the resounding YES column.
Old 2009-11-19, 10:36am
Addicted to Frit!!!

Abso-FREAKIN-lutely!!!

Premium Frit Blends
Check us out on

Old 2009-11-19, 11:47am

I love the idea of a book from you!
Old 2009-11-19, 1:14pm

<<<Any interest in a tutorial from me?>>> ROFLMAO!

On a more serious note, yes please! Your beads are so beautiful they almost make my brain explode from looking at them. I would love a tutorial on your Isis or Siren beads!!!
LOVE!
Old 2009-11-19, 1:42pm

Book or video??

Surface decorations and color combos

Perhaps Ember, Isadora, Rapture, Samba, Harvest, Zulu, Sunshower, Surfscape.

I don't know. Love them all.

Minor
Old 2009-11-19, 2:54pm
Focus?

.... is it done yet !!!!

A-62

Old 2009-11-19, 3:53pm

Oh yes please!!

I looked through your gallery & just couldn't decide on a particular style or set - love all of them.....

So maybe a tut on both Silver glass (including Terra, yeah I still have a pound or two and am still too scared to use it : ) ) and how you decide on your colour choices - they're incredible!

Marianne.
Old 2009-11-19, 4:57pm
Broken

A tutorial from you ..........ppppppppffffffffttttttttt nnnnnnnaaaaaaaaawwwwwwww can't say I'd buy it.

HELL YES

I love your color combo's I'd love to hear a bit about how you choose them, even if it's a small addition to a tutorial for something else. I'd avoid Terra, as it's too hard to get. I'd definitely buy one, you are one of the first lampworkers I stalked many moons ago.

Old 2009-11-19, 5:15pm
Jacqueline Parkes

Is it ready yet? Rofl

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluffroadglass View Post
Wow! Sorry I didn't get back to this thread sooner, I got sidetracked last night and I'm just getting up. Thank you all SO much for the kind comments & topic requests (and please keep those coming if you think of more!) -- I'm just floored by all the encouragement here and so, yes, I will be offering my first tutorial sometime in the very near future, and we'll see how it goes.

Thank you all again, sincerely -- I honestly didn't expect this level of enthusiasm, and it really means a lot to me. I'll keep you posted!

Old 2009-11-20, 2:28am
Bravewarrior stumblinbatt

All of the above...& then some!

~
~
~
Old 2009-11-20, 10:53am
Addicted to Melting Glass

Absolutely!

Old 2009-11-20, 12:30pm
OY and Psyche Junkie

Absolutely!!! Anything you want to do a tutorial on is great by me!

Cheers
Kathy

Minor with one concentrator

Old 2009-11-21, 8:44am
Noobie

Yes!!!
Ether, siren, lava lots...anything would be fab!

Perhaps something on how you pick your colors would be really great!
Old 2009-11-21, 2:47pm

Yes!!

Still North America's Largest Lauscha Dealer!
Now reopened in South Florida!!
Like US on Facebook !
Old 2009-11-21, 3:09pm

if you did it on Terra, maybe DH would start to make it again.
(that's my best attempt at a subliminal message)

-D

Donna Felkner -
-
-
-
Old 2009-11-21, 3:18pm
Formerly known as LT

Of course! Are you kidding? Your work is fabulous! I would love to know what you have to say about glass.

Old 2009-11-22, 2:58am

I would love a tutorial on your beads made with furnace glass (The beads I have in mind were made with Reichenbach I think).

Old 2009-11-22, 7:58am
Resident hippie

Yes please. And a tut on Terra would be GREAT. I don't have a pound but I'd like to be able to get something near the colours you get with it from what I do have.
Keep us posted!
And if DH was making it again what a wonderful world it would be!

Have FUN!!!!! It's not about perfection..... Leslie - [not so] Crazy Woman

Old 2009-11-22, 8:32am
Creatrixie

Would the new DH batch of Terra (if they made it) be called something like Terra 3?

~Mary

There's always something new to learn!
COE 104
Old 2009-11-22, 2:52pm
Heal with Steel

OMG OMG OMG YESSSSS!!! When I started lampworking in 2004 I remember sending you an email asking if you taught classes. Unfortunately you said you didn't, but would help with any questions I may have. You are one of my all time FAVS and I would love to own a tut of anything you had to share!!!
Old 2009-11-22, 3:13pm
Biscuit Lover

I'd love to read what you have to say about working with glass. Please write lots of stuff.
Old 2009-11-23, 7:01pm
What was I thinking?

Kim, I especially love Isis & River Song. The encased Reichenbach stringer beads are great too. Terra instructions would just make me sad.

Old 2009-11-23, 8:05pm
Life is change. Love it

Kim, I would buy any tutorial you published. You have been my inspiration forever, and I can only dream of aspiring to your level of beadmaking!

Old 2009-11-23, 8:54pm
And silence is golden

Default "How to Make Colors Pop and Sing in Harmony"

Hi Kim!

I have to agree with quite a few in here that color is one of your stronger points. If you are finally going to indulge us with your secrets, a color recipe tutorial focusing on "How to Make Colors Pop and Sing in Harmony", (e.g. Siren Series), would be a good place to start. Include in the tutorial, how to make the ribbon cane, (e.g. Ribbon Dance, Paris), and the murrinis that you apply to your beads. Also include how to make those embellishments and colors pop through the magnification encasement process Ala Kim Neely style, (e.g. Bijoux). Also, how to work those silver colors. And finally, maybe include how to acheive those perfect barrel and other shapes that you are notorious for.

Good luck on this new endeaver!

Aleta
Old 2009-11-24, 11:21am
Fire n Sand Glass Art

Kim,

Yes, please! Your work has been an inspiration to so many who have followed it over the years.

Paging through your gallery, these are the ones the make me drool uncontrollably.
Terra Jewels, No. 3
Twilight
Ritual
Nocturne
Ether, No. 3

Can't wait to see what you come up with!

Karen

~
~
~
~