Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2010-01-19, 3:16pm
Flaming Redhead!

Default New to boro...how'd I do?

Ok all you boro masters...how did I do? I'm new to boro, but having a great time playing with it! I think my colours could be better, I'm not on tanks and my Cheetah could probably use a bit more oxygen than what I'm giving it...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A thing of beauty is a joy forever: its loveliness increases; it will never pass into nothingness.
- John Keats
Old 2010-01-19, 3:21pm

You did good, very good!!! Or, as DH would say Well Done (his highest compliment!!)

Old 2010-01-19, 3:41pm
Flaming Redhead!

Thank you Kim! It was some of your work that made me want to try boro in the first place...I only hope one day I can make boro get up and dance like you do!

A thing of beauty is a joy forever: its loveliness increases; it will never pass into nothingness.
- John Keats
Old 2010-01-19, 3:51pm
Torch junkie

Sweet!

"It's not the torch you have that makes you better. It's what you learn to do with the torch you have, that makes you better."
Old 2010-01-19, 4:50pm
Know-it-all Megalomaniac

That's lovely! You did a great job!

Get your copy of the new Lampwork Etc. Tutorials and Tips Book

Old 2010-01-19, 5:11pm
Flaming Redhead!

Thank you Roger and Karen! Hopefully, the more I work with boro the better I'll get...until then I'll just keep bumbling along...LOL

- John Keats
Old 2010-01-19, 5:25pm

Very nice!

Old 2010-01-19, 9:47pm
Flaming Redhead!

Thank you Rebecca! I would have responded sooner but our power has been out...good thing I didn't have anything in the kiln!

- John Keats
Old 2010-01-19, 10:01pm

Nice work! Welcome to the dark side!

Angela Kane

-One of a kind boro frit blends!
Old 2010-01-20, 5:18am

Alex, wow, thank you, I'm blushing!! But, you do realize there's lots of days when the boro has two left feet? You guys only see the "good stuff"

Old 2010-01-20, 6:50am
Borovangelist

Very pretty!

So what sent you into the boro pool?

|
|
Old 2010-01-20, 7:09am
Flaming Redhead!

Thank you for the kind words everybody, I can always use the encouragement!

Tom...I love the heavily silvered glass that Double Helix puts out but noticed most of the time the results were pretty much blues/aquas and not much else...I got tired of emails asking me if I ever made beads in another colour. I figured since I don't know much about the various boro colours it would be a safe bet that I could get away from the colour blue...Oh, and the fact that DH bought me a boatload of boro for Christmas! LOL

- John Keats
Old 2010-01-20, 7:14am
Dangerous Woman

Very nice Alex. I have seen many many of your other beads (I'm a friend od Ann R.) and as always you rocked the glass! What kind of concentrator do you use?

May your torch burn brightly and your oxy never run out. - Karen Hardy

On a Cheetah with a hurricane Still have my Lynx as a back up.
Old 2010-01-20, 7:19am
Flaming Redhead!

Thank you Nancy! I use two M20's from Unlimited Oxygen (or is it Oxygen Unlimited? I forget). But I'd rather be on tanked oxy...I almost have the landlord talked into it.

- John Keats