Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2009-02-04, 3:30pm

Default Maine Area - Valentine's Weekend Glass Jam

Glass Jam -- Valentine's Day Weekend

February 14 - 15 Saturday-Sunday
--- 9:00am 'til we fizzle.
Any level of glass working experience welcome... torching, sharing, and a good time with all. Do a demo/request a demo... Bring your latest book or magazine to share... Bring your flameworking glasses, and any glass or tools that you'll want to work with. We have studio tools that you're welcome to use. We have ten torch stations and a variety of torches. Bring your own torch if you wish (if you have quick-connects). Bring questions and techniques to share.
Pot Luck please RSVP - hotglass@midcoast.com 207-594-7805
$20/day - Come one, come all. *RSVPs most appreciated, but if you find that you can make it at the last minute, please do.*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2009-02-04, 5:23pm
It's about time!

I'm on call from 5p-8a Friday night but I'll keep my fingers double crossed so I can hopefully stow away for an overnight!!! I'll keep you posted! Sonje
Old 2009-02-05, 5:56am

Ding ding ding.... I will be there on Saturday with bells on!!!!!!!!!! (Can't on Sunday- have a hockey game.)

Yes, I miss you all so much..... I really NEED this get together.

Hm, what to bring for food? I don't have any time to cook "real food" so will have to do something like chips & dip? I'll do something...

Yes!!!!!!!!!!

Sue
and the present is a gift.
Old 2009-02-06, 7:28am

Where is everybody?

echo.... echo.... echo....

Sue
Old 2009-02-07, 3:38pm

I will be bringing sweet and sour meatballs... I just figured out that I can cook them over at Bob's! DUH!

See everyone on Saturday- I hope, I hope!

Sue
Old 2009-02-09, 5:34am
New Grandma

I hope to come on Saturday if daughter doesnt go into labor.What are you making Virginia so I can plan what to make?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

One of the love of my life.

Old 2009-02-09, 5:45am

Yahoo! The hockey game is Saturday night, not Sunday so that means I will be there Saturday from 9-3. Sunday I have all day til you kick me out or the torches decide to quit!

I am bringing sweet and sour meatballs- and a camera so bring your photogenic sides! Nancy in Vermont can't make it so I promised pictures. (Nancy, I'm jealous of your Grandchildren. I'm a wannabe Grammie...sigh...)

See everyone Saturday.

Sue
Old 2009-02-11, 12:29am

Quote:
Originally Posted by debgay View Post
I hope to come on Saturday if daughter doesnt go into labor.What are you making Virginia so I can plan what to make?
Now honestly Debbie!!!!! The whole idea behind 'potluck' is that Ed and I don't have to cook! We're providing the studio facilities, teas/coffee/bottled water, paper/china, the usual...munchies/bagels/fruit, etc... and, of course, our fabulous selves!

And there's a bonus ice skating rink in the parking area out back this time around! If the driveways are icy (they have been), enter through the Ferry Terminal parking lot and drive around through the big opening in the chain link fence near the rear of our building. (We got the Ferry Terminal manager to open up the gate for the winter, and it's made traversing the slopes a lot easier).

Debbie, whatever you'd like to bring will be just wonderful, thank you, and no doubt will be appreciated and devoured in between the madness and insanity that goes on during a Playing with Fire! Glass Jam!

Old 2009-02-11, 12:31am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue in Maine View Post
Yahoo! The hockey game is Saturday night, not Sunday so that means I will be there Saturday from 9-3. Sunday I have all day til you kick me out or the torches decide to quit!

I am bringing sweet and sour meatballs- and a camera so bring your photogenic sides! Nancy in Vermont can't make it so I promised pictures. (Nancy, I'm jealous of your Grandchildren. I'm a wannabe Grammie...sigh...)

See everyone Saturday.

Sue
Yea Sue! See you Saturday and Sunday!

Old 2009-02-11, 11:32pm

Oooh this sounds like fun at the perfect time of year!
I'd love to go but my company took away my corporate jet!
Paula

Still North America's Largest Lauscha Dealer!
Now reopened in South Florida!!
Like US on Facebook !
Old 2009-02-12, 6:16am

Update: BOB MAY COME WITH ME!!!!!! Sorry, had to shout! I am excited and hopeful that Bob may join me on Saturday. He might even try to sit down at a torch! (Everyone join me in crossing fingers- NOW!) I would love to addict him....sigh....

I can NOT wait for Saturday.

Sue
Old 2009-02-12, 9:35am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue in Maine View Post
Update: BOB MAY COME WITH ME!!!!!! Sorry, had to shout! I am excited and hopeful that Bob may join me on Saturday. He might even try to sit down at a torch! (Everyone join me in crossing fingers- NOW!) I would love to addict him....sigh....

I can NOT wait for Saturday.

Sue

Have you thought this one through Sue??? Having your SO an addict means one more set of grubby paws using up your favorite glass, using your last remaining rod of coveted glass because he didn't realize it was the $100/lb variety of glass...it also means double the expense to go to The Gathering, shows or classes...it means paying for a hotel room rather than splitting the cost of a room with your girlfriends, it means ordering glass more often, going through supplies more often...surely you haven't considered all of these details.

On the plus side, it means double the toys, torches, kilns...lol!

If I can only go one day, which should it be...Saturday or Sunday?

Old 2009-02-12, 9:53am

Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_beads View Post
Have you thought this one through Sue??? Having your SO an addict means one more set of grubby paws using up your favorite glass, using your last remaining rod of coveted glass because he didn't realize it was the $100/lb variety of glass...it also means double the expense to go to The Gathering, shows or classes...it means paying for a hotel room rather than splitting the cost of a room with your girlfriends, it means ordering glass more often, going through supplies more often...surely you haven't considered all of these details.

On the plus side, it means double the toys, torches, kilns...lol!

If I can only go one day, which should it be...Saturday or Sunday?
Nah, you're lookin'at it da wrong way cuz he makes mo'money than I do! roflmao... I'd love to double my glass world by having him in it.

Sue
Old 2009-02-12, 8:01pm
It's about time!

As it stands right now, I'm on-call Friday 5p to Saturday 8 am and again for 24 hours starting Sunday at 8a! I am praying that no one needs me after 9p on Friday night so I can sleep and make it for Saturday some time! I've been praying lots so hopefully they'll be heard!! Sonje
Old 2009-02-12, 8:54pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlight Creations View Post
As it stands right now, I'm on-call Friday 5p to Saturday 8 am and again for 24 hours starting Sunday at 8a! I am praying that no one needs me after 9p on Friday night so I can sleep and make it for Saturday some time! I've been praying lots so hopefully they'll be heard!! Sonje
Hopefully!

Old 2009-02-13, 5:41am

My weekend plans are in jeopardy. I visited my Mother last night and she is not doing well at all. If she goes into the hospital today, there goes my hockey game tonight. If she's stable, I'll be there Sat/Sun if possible. If I get thru this day without a call, then I am gone and I am unreachable. My brother knows this and agrees that I should take off and not worry. He'll be happy to ignore it all ... my translation, not his. He's a great support network for me but he hates sitting around on anything with Mom.

She had a 103 fever Wed. night, brought it down to 99 yesterday with tylenol. She has a UTI. She couldn't stay awake all day yesterday... can not feed herself. She ate her egg salad sandwich for supper but I had to feed her her milk and her fruitcocktail. She's very shaky after her nebulizer treatments and I asked the nurse to see what else they could use because she's never been shaky after nebulizer treatments before. Her breathing is very rattlely and junky. I do not know where this is going but it is not good.

I am planning to be there but.... even a family as disfunctional as mine has to come before my hearts real desire.

Sue, who is planning to be there but.... my crystal ball for the future is cloudy and has a crack in it.
Old 2009-02-13, 7:19am

UPDATE: It is 9:19 am EST

Mom wants to go to the hospital. Between conversations back and forth, the ultimate decision is to give it an hour until the Doctor gets there. The nurse thinks Mom is better than she was yesterday. Says they need a clinical reason to send her to the hospital. Mom is anxious but she agreed to wait an hour for the doctor to get there to evaluate her.

I know about the only thing dif the hosp. can do will be IV fluids. She's on oxy now, meds - no dif at hospital.... so I am waiting.

If she gets to the hospital early enough and is considered stable, I can leave late afternoon and keep to my plans.

I hate this. It is not going to get better.

Sue, hoping for tomorrow in Rockland...
Old 2009-02-13, 9:28pm

It is official. I can't be there Saturday. Mom is doing so poorly that I am changing her status to "comfort only." She's on heart meds, has a UTI and has a blood infection. Her heart has been acting up and they've given her meds to correct that problem. The ER Doctor says if it were her Mother, she would change her status.... I asked if it was time and that was her reply. If they can do the paperwork tomorrow, I will do it.

If she's stable Sat., I will be there on Sunday.

My best to all.

Sue
Old 2009-02-14, 4:24pm
DSDWC

Hope you guys are having fun up there.
I just filled the pick up truck for the 5th time with firewood from the yard that fell during the ice storm. I'm about 2/3 done so you know what I will be doing while you play tomorrow!!!
Peace.

Old 2009-02-21, 5:41pm

dammit how did i miss this?!?!
Old 2009-02-21, 5:42pm

oh damn sue i am so sorry to hear..
if u need anything let me know