No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2016-08-05, 10:52am
Cheesehead Packer lover

Default CIM Mahogany

What color is CIM Mahogany really. I know the description says it's an opaque red, but what they say and what it is can be different. It looks rather like maroon. Has anyone tried it yet?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Cherie
Sisters Beads
If you can't be kind, at least have the decency to be vague
Old 2016-08-05, 1:59pm

Here's my test blog on Mahogany - http://coloraddictionblog.blogspot.c...y-ltd-run.html

Old 2016-08-05, 2:29pm

I love this color! I used this color for my Black Santa pendants last year

(Works for a great skin color)

Last edited by Ali Oops; 2016-08-05 at 6:52pm.
Old 2016-08-05, 2:43pm

Mine is brown, a nice shade of light brown.

Magma Beads .

Old 2016-08-05, 8:55pm
Cheesehead Packer lover

Thanks for the help. I think I will try it.

Cherie
Sisters Beads
Old 2016-08-07, 9:11am

I use it for making a lot of my dog beads. It is a nice rich brown. I some times mix it with other colors for shading too.
Old 2016-08-07, 1:37pm
Cheesehead Packer lover

Thanks for all the responses and thank you, Kandice for all the great descriptions on your blog. I spent the better part of 2 hours checking them out.
It's so hard today to figure out what color the glass really is, and will it still be that way in the next batch.

Cherie
Sisters Beads
Old 2016-08-08, 11:19pm
Naysayer

Have you moved it to another type of lighting? Because with "Lipstick' it's red in some lighting and brown in another. It might be the case with Mohagany too.

Here are more photos, I always wanted it because of their 'paddle', that looks like a dreamy light burgundy transparent to me, then I click and 'oh right, opaque brown red'
http://www.creationismessy.com/color.aspx?id=297

I think Kandice nailed it with 'cinnabar'.
Old 2016-08-11, 12:05pm

This color was really hard for me to classify, for sure! It's really lovely in the fall, I think - and is kind of a rosy cinnabar shade, or kind of a desert-y spice. But it really depends on what you pair it with. It's one of those colors that I think changes in our minds when it's next to different colors, if you can understand that kind of weirdness.