Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Customer Service Kiosk

Customer Service Kiosk -- Questions for LE vendors.

Old 2010-08-02, 12:02pm
Crazy Snake Lady

Default Bucket o' Mud

I love Bucket o' Mud bead release - is it no longer for sale anywhere?
Old 2010-08-02, 1:03pm

No, it is not currently being produced anywhere, sorrry
Old 2010-08-02, 3:55pm
I'm kinda biz-EE

*sob* I miss it

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2010-08-02, 5:09pm

Laurie

I have 2 unopen 8oz bottles that I will not be using let me know if you would like to buy them off me. Becky
Old 2010-08-02, 6:14pm
Sucks at being nice

If she doesn't want them both I would love to have one.

Old 2010-08-02, 7:28pm
Crazy Snake Lady

Oh I can't believe it isn't being made anymore!!! It's all I ever use...damn.
Old 2010-08-03, 9:44am

Hey Everyone

These 2 bottles came from Frantz and I was unaware of the whole scope of the problem with BOM. I don't want anyone to buy these in case they are part of the problem. I had never got around opening them....so I could help someone out who like it. SORRY
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Becky
Old 2010-08-05, 9:38pm

I liked that release too, but have found a happy place with the Foster Fire Smooth and Tuff. I sell it, on my site, but it's available many other places, too.

My Daughter and Husband Wrote a book.

The Car Catch-all...the most useful non-lampworking item ever!
Old 2010-08-05, 11:07pm

I am pretty happy with Fusion.

Still North America's Largest Lauscha Dealer!
Now reopened in South Florida!!
Like US on Facebook !
Old 2010-08-06, 4:47pm

WHAT?????? NO MORE BUCKET OF MUDD!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOO! It's all I've ever used and I don't like change! Sheeeesh......Fusion huh? How does it compare?
Old 2010-08-06, 4:56pm
sunscreen me baby

I like fusion so much better. But I have two full bottles of BOM I bought forgetting what bead release I use, lol. I'll go check the size for you. PM me if you want them.

~

Old 2010-08-06, 5:46pm
Newfoundland lover!

I loved BOM but I used Dip and Go Blue Sludge. I think it is my fav so far. I can easily get any bead off and it takes high heat. The reg dip and go black is great too.

Lynx, tanked propane, M-10 oxy and refurb oxy -5.
Old 2010-08-06, 5:56pm

So many choices....so little time! LOL!!!!!

Old 2010-08-06, 7:40pm
Maker of Famous Burn Gel

Is there any chance that someone can make BOM again? Is there a recipe that belongs to someone???

Pat

Last edited by pittypat; 2010-08-06 at 9:12pm. Reason: more info
Old 2010-08-06, 9:23pm

I thought at one point that Mike F. had wanted to buy the recipe from Kevin, but Kevin said no. Then Frantz started selling it, but I'm not sure if Kevin was producing it or not. Either way, I really miss it. The Fusion is OK, and I just bought FosterFire Smooth and Tough - but I don't understand why it's called "smooth" because it looks pretty grainy to me. Haven't used FF yet. Still finishing up my bottle of Fusion that I mixed with BOM...

Old 2010-08-06, 9:29pm
Maker of Famous Burn Gel

Thanks, Nichole....and who is Kevin...I might be interested in producing BOM if he would be willing to give or sell the recipe...
Pat
Old 2010-08-06, 10:07pm

Here's a link to an old thread about BOM. Contact info is in the 3rd post.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2010-08-06, 10:12pm
Maker of Famous Burn Gel

Thanks bunches, Nichole!!

pa
Old 2010-08-07, 6:27am
A True Woofer

People in these parts have been looking and looking for Kevin and can't find him. I think he's somewhere clutching the BOM recipe whispering "My preciousssssssss."

Seriously though I would like it to come back. I love the stuff.

Old 2010-08-07, 6:40am
sunscreen me baby

lol Ellen
If Rudy doesn't want my two new bottles it's yours.

~

Old 2010-08-07, 9:30am

Default Where is my Bucket O' Mud?

After our building was broken into and all of our equipment for making B.O.M was taken, I contacted Kevan asking him if he would sell me his equipment. Shortly after that he said that he would make B.O.M. for me as he did in the past. Then shortly after that he said he was going to take back my right to produce it. I never got a notice written from him about doing this, so I guess I could still produce this product. But in the meantime I was working on a new formula and I thought I had a good one, it worked many times, but then all of a sudden it started cracking. Of course this could happen to any bead release. It would only cost me about $1,200 to purchase the equipment once again, but then if I did, I have no idea how Kevan would react. The way I look at it, is that there are lots of great bead release products available at this time. I possibly could try to contact Kevan and ask him what his plans are as maybe the six months or longer since we stopped making B.O.M he might have a change of heart and tell me to go ahead and make it again. There is no fault on either his part or my part as to why this came about, but if anyone could be at fault, it would be me (of course).

If Kevan reads this he should reconsider telling us to make it once again, or he should make it himself once again or allow somebody else to make it for him. It is a great product.

Sincerely

Mike Frantz

Frantz Art Glass Website:

The Torch Website:

Mike's phone: 800.839.6712 ext 206
Old 2010-08-07, 9:45am

If anyone does find Kevin I would be happy to sell it for him. He is much closer tome than Mike and can get it delivered to me easily.
Paula

Still North America's Largest Lauscha Dealer!
Now reopened in South Florida!!
Like US on Facebook !
Old 2010-08-07, 3:19pm
Crazy Snake Lady

I've never had any luck with anything other than BoM...I'm really sad to see it go.
Old 2010-08-07, 4:27pm
Naysayer

add me to the list of sadness
Old 2010-08-07, 6:42pm
Bad Cat Glass

I don't care who produces it, but I do wish someone...anyone, would make it available again. It is the best recipe for bead release, I've tried many, and nothing else works as well, especially when cooling and reheating.
Old 2010-08-08, 3:44am

i am another bucket o mud fan. it works for me without fail. i have never had an issue with it or lost a bead while using it. i hate to see it disappear.
Old 2010-08-08, 8:05am
Burning Fingers!

I purchased a bottle of BOM from a friend who purchased it at the glass bash last year. It wouldn't even hold a feather without cracking and flaking off - just terrible. As soon as I start to wind on the glass it breaks - and I'm super careful to not put any stress on my bead release. Sorry - not a fan here!

/
/
/

Old 2010-08-08, 8:31am
visit my etsy!

I have to say, I agree with Jane P. I had mine sent from USA, and think it's awful! I couldn't get it to flame dry, and it just flakes off every time. I'm trying foster fire this time.

Kirsty
Old 2010-08-08, 1:01pm

my bucket o mud is a few years old so maybe the latest batches had some problems. i have used it since it was introduced and have never ever had anything but perfect experiences with it
Old 2010-08-09, 4:55am
Naysayer

yeah no kidding, anyone that hates it, PM me and pass it on!