Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2010-02-15, 10:11pm

Talking Amber Rose and Coral, Sell or not?

I don't know exactly where I should post this question, so I am going to post it in a few different places. I have been a lampworker for the last 12 years or so, off and on. I have had to start and stop due to back surgeries and chronic pain. I am back at the torch and have been cleaning my studio. I have found that I have about 6 pounds of the Amber Rose that everyone seems to covet , as well as the coral color, and am going to sell some of it and keep some. I have some of the original coral from about 1998 or so (before it was changed repeatedly), as well as some of the numerous other corals that have come since. I am trying to sell off some stuff to make more money for new stuff, and I have tons of glass and tons of beads. My question is this: should I list the glass, is anyone still interested? Also, what about the beads? I literally have thousands of beads that I have made and never got around to listing or selling. I sold quite a few before but have always had the problem of "liking" the beads too much to sell. Now I have decided to part with some and don't know if I should list large random groups, one at a time, sets, etc.? Any suggestions would be appreciated! Off to the torch!

Melissa
Old 2010-02-16, 12:22am

list the glass in the garage

list the beads on etsy or ebay

try the garage as well. but more likely to sell on the other sites
Old 2010-02-16, 7:50am
Life is change. Love it

I agree with selling the glass in the Garage sale area, unless you want to sell it auction format.

As far as the beads, there is a lot of competition to sell beads on ebay and Etsy these days, and it is very challenging for new sellers to be successful. I would list your beads as sets, many buyers search by price point, and I would also invest in in a feature option which will get your beads at the top of the listings. A lot more money, but unless you do something fairly drastic to get noticed you won't sell. You also have to have really good pictures, especially for your thumbnail view.

Good luck!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2010-02-16, 11:22am
Happy Beadmaker!

I agree with other on selling the glass, I'll be stalking the Amber Rose, lol!

Have you considered donating some of the "thousands of beads" to Beads of Courage???? They're always in need, contact RSimmons here on LE, and there is a special link for Beads of Courage as well.

Just a thought!
Lea

~
~
~
Old 2010-02-19, 1:58pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lea Zinke View Post
I agree with other on selling the glass, I'll be stalking the Amber Rose, lol!

Have you considered donating some of the "thousands of beads" to Beads of Courage???? They're always in need, contact RSimmons here on LE, and there is a special link for Beads of Courage as well.

Just a thought!
Lea
You can donate some of those beads also to the Mercy Project, hope bracelets.
http://www.cindybeads.com/projectmercy.htm
Old 2010-02-21, 2:28pm
one day at a time

Are you sure you really need to sell those? Really sure??

I had 7lbs of Amber Rose that I was forced to sell to pay a very important bill a few years ago, and I still feel bad today that I did it.

As well as a full pound of streaky pink! I had to let that go too.