No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2005-06-21, 11:37pm
HourGlass Studio

Default Best "ODD" Vetro Pink ?

Okay I know alot of you have orderd the new Vetro odd pinks....which one really is the nicest. I really want a bubble gum pink. My computer monitor shows them looking more purply than pink. I was not overly crazy about Moretti dark pink (256) still too light.

I only want 1/4# each of two really nice dark pinks...which should I choose ?

*sigh* wish I could just order some of all the pinks....but I dont want colors laying around that I will not use.

Laurie L
Old 2005-06-22, 4:20am
Damn Yankee!

Laurie, I got some of the fish pink, light pink and the dark. I love the light pink the best! The light pink looked the most like the bubble gum color with just a hint of purple to it. I didnt like the fish pink at all.

Samantha

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2005-06-22, 7:28am
Established Thinker I Am

Laurie,
I am fairly certain that most of the pinks are sold out already. You might want to find out what is still available before you get your heart set on a particular color. These sold out fast.

Have you tried Glassdaddy's pink? It is lauscha and is really the closest to a bubble gum pink. 'Cept for streaky pink, but we won't go there.

Serena

l
l
l
Old 2005-06-22, 7:32am
Booger #7

I got some vetro dark pink odd lot the other day and it is really touchy. I made a few test beads and some came out very pinky pink and some came out almost lavender....it is pretty, but I don't know how to get the pink to come out consistantly....

Sue

Old 2005-06-22, 7:43am
HourGlass Studio

Thanks that helps alot.
my supplier in Canada has just gotten hers in and reserved some pinks for me to choose from so i am SAFE in that area but jusr did not want to buy a purple instead of a pink !!

Laurie L
Old 2005-06-22, 10:46am
Princess of Pi

some of them seem to come out lavenderish (I don't remember which though - sorry)
Old 2005-06-22, 10:47am
koregon

not fish pink...I dont like that one so far at all.

Old 2005-06-22, 11:04am
Surrounded by Trouble

So far my favorites are Pink Flower and light Pink.
Old 2005-06-22, 11:07am
HourGlass Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn T
So far my favorites are Pink Flower and light Pink.

Are they a true pink or do they have a bit of that purply thing going on....I did see your examples you posted about the pink odds but they all kind of looked purply to me so I wasnt sure.

Really want a bubble gum pink. Someone mentioned that the regular vetro dark pink is darker than moretti dark pink ? True or false
Old 2005-06-22, 11:18am
HourGlass Studio

I have also heard of "freaky Pink" Supposed to be replacing streaky pink...anyone heard this aswell.
Old 2005-06-26, 5:13am
Boro newb

Yep, "Freaky Pink". I just found out about this myself. Supposed to be better than Streaky. My regular supplier didn't have any and the person who I guess ended up with the bulk of it sold out in a matter of days. I was able to wheel and deal with someone to get a few pounds but I haven't used it yet.
Old 2005-06-26, 8:36am
koregon

I didn't like fish pink at all either...I down right disliked it
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamanthaBeads
Laurie, I got some of the fish pink, light pink and the dark. I love the light pink the best! The light pink looked the most like the bubble gum color with just a hint of purple to it. I didnt like the fish pink at all.

Samantha

Old 2005-06-28, 11:25am
sunscreen me baby

I have to agree with you. The fish pink is not a pretty pink. Now if it had been called a gray with pink tones I would have been happier.
I have only made a test bead but I wonder if it reacts with anything. Anyone?

~

Old 2005-06-28, 12:11pm
koregon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzyQ
I have to agree with you. The fish pink is not a pretty pink. Now if it had been called a gray with pink tones I would have been happier.
I have only made a test bead but I wonder if it reacts with anything. Anyone?
yes please, if someone has a way of making a bead with this color/please share...so far I feel its a total waste of money...not pretty at all in anything i have done

Old 2005-06-28, 3:47pm
Princess of Pi

Italian marble pink is available again at Frantz (probably for a limited time) - Kimberly showed it to us at Peg's house Saturday and it's really nice - she works it a lot (warming, cooling, warming, cooling) to bring out the colors in it.
Old 2005-06-28, 7:44pm
sunscreen me baby

Ah, that is good to know Barb. I made a test bead and it was just white. I only heated it twice. I'll bet it is a great base for a heavily worked bead.

~

Old 2005-07-08, 9:54am
Boro newb

I just got off-white, too. Need to give that another try.
Old 2005-07-08, 11:02am
Satake Woman!

You know guys, I LOVE fish pink. Anyone who wants to dump it on me is welcome to.

Satake glass in stock and ready for you!
Old 2005-07-08, 5:23pm
sunscreen me baby

Jo, I'm doing my best to PIF my fish pink. I'm down to 1/4 pound which I just may keep for my odd lot collection.

~

Old 2005-07-09, 11:02pm
HourGlass Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimberly
Yes!!! Work hot, shape, then cool, reheat many, many times. BEAUTIFUL glass!!! I wish I had 100 lbs!!!!

Ah dang it, I passed this stuff up because everyone was getting white from it. I would love to see what you got out of it Kimberly.
Old 2005-07-10, 5:22am
sunscreen me baby

Laurie you can still get some. I think Frantz still has some and I know you can get it on ebay from galaxyglass.

~

Old 2005-07-12, 3:12am

So far, I am not all that thrilled with any of them. Paulette Insall did some amazing stuff with the Fish Pink, though.

Old 2005-07-14, 1:23pm
HourGlass Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by kandice
So far, I am not all that thrilled with any of them. Paulette Insall did some amazing stuff with the Fish Pink, though.
Yes so far that is the general answer. No one seems to really be thrilled with any of them.....because they are not PINK. Who ever named them must have been smokin' something. LOL. Must have looked pink thru the haze. Hehe

Oh well maybe someday they will come up with a really nice pink. Thats actually pink.