Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Free Tutorials

Old 2008-10-02, 1:20am

Smile Easy Teddy Bear Bead from Cattwalk Daisy Press

Easy Teddy Bear bead from Cattwalk Daisy Press

I would like to apologize first for the quality of the pictures. I had a hard time taking the pictures by myself and they were done with my camera phone as well so sometimes they are a bit fuzzy. I hope that doesn’t distract from the instructions.

1. Make base bead in any size cavity of the press. I like to start with the middle or largest size in the trio. You can also make big ones in the focal size daisy press.

2. Heat up lines that were made in the daisy and cut while glowing hot close to the middle circle of the daisy shape.

3. I like to heat up the cuts and press them in a bit with my catwalk marver on the sharp end or you can use a knife or any kind of tool really just to make sure the cuts open up a bit wider.

4. It should start to look more like a bear at this point. Next, I start to make his head by adding a little glass and round it off a bit.

5. I like to let gravity round the head as much as possible and roll it on the marver gently to make a head shape in any way you like. You can also add glass to the arms and legs depending on how long you want them to be. Sometimes I like to make the arms and legs face forward so you have to make them a bit longer for that. This is the point where I add dots to the side of his head to make the ears as well.

6. This is where you can start to make the teddy look many different ways. Typically there is still a circle right on his belly from the center of the daisy impression. I like to add different colors here to his belly or a the same color just to make him look a little fatter. I used opal yellow here and ivory for his nose.

7. Finish up your teddy by adding a nose or shaping his arms and legs. I like to make the ends of his arms and legs flat. You can make many different looks. This certainly isn’t the best one I’ve ever made but I hope it gives you some ideas and please above anything else, have fun with it!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2008-10-02, 1:33am
I need more boro stuff

WOW nice tutorial Thank you

I guess another thing I have to save up....

Old 2008-10-02, 3:03am

How clever is that! Thanks for sharing

Old 2008-10-02, 5:39am
Mary Lockwood

Great tutorial, Rachel!! I love the whole concept of thinking out of the box with the presses. They can be expensive tools and the more you can get out of them, the better. I bet there is gonna be a run on daisy presses now.

I think the pictures do the job great, I wouldn't have guessed you used a picture phone!

~~Mary

Old 2008-10-02, 5:52am
Bead Imp

I'm a lucky owner of one of Rachel's teddy bears! I got him in the Teddy Bear Exchange. Thank you for posting this Rachel! I love it!

Old 2008-10-02, 7:58am
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

Wow - that is SO cool! It would be SO much easier to get an even bear when you use the press as your starting point!

DOG is my co-pilot
Cricket w/two 5 lpm oxycons - and sometimes a Minor.
Old 2008-10-02, 8:37am

Thanks so much you guys. You make me feel so warm and fuzzy inside...

Please post the results if any of you try it.

Old 2008-10-02, 9:14am

Cute tutorial. I have that press so I will have to try that.

Debbie
Old 2008-10-02, 9:36am
I speak Murrini!

Tee Hee Hee...this is SO cute! And what a great variation; and you've shared it with us!!! Thanks so much! This is definitely one of my favorite presses - for daisies, for sure! But YOUR idea gave me another idea, too...if it works, I'll be sure to share it with everyone as have you! Here's a hint: "Run, run, as fast as you can..."

Hugs,
DeAnne

"Only a fool rushes to his own demise..." ~Zorro
Old 2008-10-02, 9:39am
Storm Queen

Brilliant use of a press and totally thinking outside the box. They're very cut too!

Old 2008-10-02, 12:37pm

What a neat idea! Thanks for sharing!

Old 2008-10-02, 12:55pm
Cheeky & Impervious

That's a great tutorial, Rach!

Old 2008-10-02, 1:07pm
Rose colored glasses…√

Too cool!!! I think you did a great job on the tutorial. I have two of these bears now.

OMG I listed some stuff!!! Little devils ARE ice skating!!!

RIP Sunday; You can donate for Izzy's Future Trust @:

Live kindly...'cause karma will bite you in the ass harder than you ever thought about nibblin'...
Old 2008-10-02, 4:12pm

CUTE. Thanks for sharing

Become a fan on Facebook:
Old 2008-10-02, 10:18pm

Oh my !!!Ingeneous.

Karen
Volkano Exotik
Old 2008-10-02, 11:49pm
yes, llamas...and ducks

Location: Langley, BC, Canada, North America, Northern Hemisphere, Earth.

Cool - I like how you see outside the box!!

Flaming on a Minor with concentrator.

Old 2008-10-03, 4:44am
Serenity Now!

Fantastic ~ I too love your out-of-the-box thinking...

Art, Colour, Bling & Happy happening here:
Old 2008-10-03, 5:07am
Detail G-Mama!

Well how cute is that!! You so smart! Great tutorial!

Old 2008-10-08, 9:51am
Entropy increasing....

Very creative, Rachel! Great way to make a set of uniform teddy's! Thanks for sharing!
Old 2014-08-08, 4:35pm
Slogan Challenged...

bumping this thread!

Facebook:

Etsy:

Old 2014-08-08, 6:00pm

Smile

Wow! What an interesting "out of the box thinking" tutorial. Anyone know what that gorgeous PURPLE is? KJohn, thanks for bumping up this thread. Lydia
Old 2014-08-08, 6:49pm
Slogan Challenged...

Not sure about the purple she used there, but I've just got some Viola in from ArtHouse Glass and it looks really similar. I think they're the only ones to carry it. Otherwise, perhaps purple rose?

Facebook:

Etsy:

Old 2014-08-09, 2:21pm
Practicing perfect

Very cute. Thank you for sharing and Kristin, thank you for bumping it up.

Old 2014-08-09, 5:35pm

Smile

Thanks Kristin. I did some Viola from ArtHouse glass but haven't had a chance to try it yet. Don't have any purple rose but will try and get some also. That purple used in making the teddy bear is the prettiest purple that I've seen - rich purple color and I like the streakiness. Thanks again. Lydia