LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Old 2012-06-06, 7:35am
glass is sooo...me!

Default Lattice Work Bead Tutorial

A year in the making. I have been working on perfecting this bead for a year. Several months to write. And it's finally here! My 12 page lattice bead tutorial for the intermeadiate to advanced lampworker. A 100% hollow bead held together only by stringers! It is sturdy and very unique.

Using softglass and your "normal" tools. The only thing you may have to buy is kiln wash if you don't have any. (Alumina Hydrate is also optional if you want to add it to the kiln wash but not necessary)
You will also need one more very inexpensive item that is avail at any home improvement or hardware store.
NOT image heavy. Many hand drawn diagrams are scanned in so I can show you exactly what I am talking about in a sketch.
I really wanted everyone who likes tutorials to have this so it is priced at only $15. These beads take about an hour each to make but they sell very well because they are lightweight, and very different. The transparent ones sparkle in the sun drawing attention. The last page of the turorial has some tips and tricks to give you some ideas.

Tried and tested by someone who had never seen me work on a bead like this and they followed the directions just fine. Send me a PM with any questions. If you would like to try something very different than what you have been making Paypal is starfield1@aol.com

thanks

Karen

Last edited by Starfield; 2012-06-06 at 12:21pm.
Old 2012-06-06, 8:33am

do you have any bigger pictures? It's really hard to see what this bead looks like with them so small...Might just be my eyes.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2012-06-06, 11:15am
glass is sooo...me!

I am Photo Shop challenged. I figured out how to make them bigger and still have small file size. PM me your e-mail and I can send you higher res pics and closer up. (once I had to make the pics smaller to comply with LE I lost a lot of the resoultion) I reposted one close up but I am not really good with Photo Shop so I am having troubles here.

Karen

Last edited by Starfield; 2012-06-06 at 12:24pm.
Old 2012-06-06, 8:24pm
Formerly FishBulb

Oh there, I can see them better! Those are very cool!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

In Soviet Russia, Google searches you.