LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Free Tutorials

Old 2007-03-28, 4:04pm
In spite of it all!

Emily... Isn't Leon a doll? How in the world did you meet him on a Saturday? LOL... that is one busy BUSY dude!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Our ultimate freedom is the right and power to decide how anybody or anything outside ourselves will affect us. ~ Stephen Covey

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2007-03-29, 10:00pm

Thanks for the tip on using your feet to hold one end of the pull -- sometimes I run out of arm length and it's great to have a backup plan. Nice tut!
Doug

Old 2007-04-18, 10:25pm
rainbowchasingtimewaster

I just got one of those 8 point optic molds and I can't believe I have lived without one for so long. It makes absolutely perfect leaf and flower cane. I am so thrilled with it!!!

Lori Peterson - Try telling a Dachshund no and you will understand the true meaning of futility.

*f

Old 2007-04-19, 5:25am

That is why I wrote the tutorial. I love the product and I thought others would if they knew how to use it!

If you have ever used a metal optic mold, you will find the glass can stick and then you have to start over. No matter how hot the graphite gets it does not stick. Plus, the price is unbelievable! A bargain! that is not so easy to find with glass tools.

Glad you liked it- the tools so much. I did too.
here is another link to the items.
http://stores.ebay.com/WeaverInd_W0Q...enameZL2QQtZkm

Viking knit End Caps for sale:
[/url]https://heatherferman.etsy.com[/url]

Last edited by Dasi; 2007-04-19 at 3:59pm.
Old 2007-04-19, 3:58pm
rainbowchasingtimewaster

Fantastic tutorial, Heather. Awesome! 5 stars!!!

Lori Peterson - Try telling a Dachshund no and you will understand the true meaning of futility.

*f

Old 2007-04-25, 1:53pm
In spite of it all!

Heather is a great person and wonderful teacher. Lori... can't wait to see what you do with the mold!

Our ultimate freedom is the right and power to decide how anybody or anything outside ourselves will affect us. ~ Stephen Covey

Old 2007-04-25, 4:15pm
Gay rights R human rights

I got my molds and I want to make some cane....do you have to do anything to prepare the molds ? clean them or anything or just go for it?
Old 2007-04-25, 4:21pm
In spite of it all!

You can clean them with mild soap and a soft cloth or stuff some waste molten glass in the cavity prior to using it for your project. Hope that helps.

Old 2007-04-25, 5:38pm
WildBird Beads

I have one of those and I also would like to throw in that Weaver Ind. are nicest vendors and are so helpful.
And when I was a teenager and was into macramae, I used to use my toes in front of the T.V. to hold the beginning of my creations when they would get long, BUT I NEVER THOUGHT OF USING MY FEET to pull stringer! LOL That is very cool....

WildBird
Old 2007-06-04, 6:25am

This optic mold looks great!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...7540&rd=1&rd=1

I love their molds..

Old 2007-06-05, 5:11pm
Virginia.

I LOVE Leon's optic molds - I make multi colored twisted cane with them - pics of one below - V
Attached Images

If you have a chance, choose to dance!! If you are sick - stay home - you too can personally start a Pandemic!!! - Virginia

Old 2008-02-07, 8:26pm

Really nice!

Old 2016-07-25, 3:17am

Bump

Old 2016-09-02, 8:03am
Cheesehead Packer lover

I just found this again. LOVE it!!!

Cherie
Sisters Beads
If you can't be kind, at least have the decency to be vague
Old 2016-09-27, 2:55pm

wow thanks... forgot about this tutorial.... I was laughing when I saw the pictures. I finally got back into those jeans and tried them on last week! to bad they are now out of fashion.

Old 2018-01-20, 4:22pm

Very nice. Thanks.
Old 2018-12-18, 5:41am
Ms

Gret tutorial! Thank you!!

I think I might even be adventurous enough to try it today...
Old 2022-03-13, 12:21pm

This is a great photo tutorial, thank you!