Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2010-04-06, 1:49pm

Default Favourite CiM colours

Hello fellow beaders, I am looking at investing in CiM range but wanted to know if anyone had advise on their favourite colours and why. I want to compliment my Effetre range but of course it will be a large investment and just want to know what you guys think I should get

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If you say you can or say you can't, either way you are right
Old 2010-04-06, 1:56pm
Micromosaic and Lampwork

I'm curious too. I am ordering the sample pack in my next glass order.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2010-04-06, 2:02pm

Clockwork, Sangre, Poison Apple, Smurfy, Tuxedo, Peace, Gelly's Stye, Mermaid, Plum, and all of the yellows. Great glass!!

Old 2010-04-06, 2:07pm
rainbowchasingtimewaster

I love Lapis - it is a true, non-browning purple that is super saturated and just gorgeous.

Lori Peterson - Try telling a Dachshund no and you will understand the true meaning of futility.

*f

Old 2010-04-06, 2:08pm
sunscreen me baby

Desert Pink, Dirty Martini, Sepia, Champagne Pink, Poison Apple, Ginger (makes an awesome Caucasian flesh tone) Commando, Stone Ground

Actually I can't think of one I don't like

~

Old 2010-04-06, 2:13pm
Jacqueline Parkes

It is now my favorite glass and I use it almost 100% now.

Here is my list in no particular order but if you could afford just one , Canyon de chelly, it is seriously magical!

1. Canyon de Chelly
2. Stoned Ground
3. Lapis
4. Phoenix
5. Sangre
6. Dirty Martini
7. Mermaid
8. Commando
9. Olive
10. Grape Ape

heck I love almost all of them.

Old 2010-04-06, 2:20pm

wow thank you so much, just had a look I love the smurfy colour is the tuxedo black? how does it compare with effetre intense black?

If you say you can or say you can't, either way you are right
Old 2010-04-06, 3:41pm
Creatrixie

Tuxedo is a nice stiff black. I've heard it's nice for scrolled stringer work.
CiM's clear is lovely too.
I love Celedon
Elphaba is great too--like pea green but a little more blue-ish.
I love LOTS of CiM colours...

~Mary

There's always something new to learn!
COE 104
Old 2010-04-06, 3:45pm
Formerly FishBulb

The Tuxedo is indeed black; I haven't used but I think it doesn't run or web like Intense. Correct me if I'm wrong, somebody!

My favourites are:

Clockwork Orange
Sangre Red
Gelly's Sty
Blush
Crocus
Eggplant
Hades Black
Peacock
Kryptonite
Cirrus

I also like Leaky Pen and Bordello but they are super-saturated and you won't need much.

I haven't tried any of the newer colours like Slytherin or Mermaid but they're on my list of will-gets.

In Soviet Russia, Google searches you.
Old 2010-04-06, 4:03pm
sunscreen me baby

Oh I forgot about leaky pen. Love that color over pastel uranium or tea green. It makes a pretty greenish teal stinger. Also gorgeous in flower cane.

~

Old 2010-04-06, 4:33pm
Sorry for party rockin'

Sangre
Mermaid
Canyon de Chelly
Olive

Old 2010-04-06, 5:09pm
Queen Bee

Crocus - the most beautiful purplely-pinkey semi translucent glass evah.

Donna

Vintage & Contemporary Beads, Findings, Chains, Trinity Brass, Vintaj, Bead Tubing, Bobbins

Handmade Artist Lampwork Jewelry
Old 2010-04-06, 5:13pm
sunscreen me baby

oh wait, hefalump is a pretty lilac purple. Sells out at shows in my flower discs.

~

Old 2010-04-06, 5:20pm

Where do I start? Peace, Lapis, Pumpkin, Hades (haven't tried Tuxedo yet), Gelly, Zachary (its newish, nice baby blue), Poison Apple, Celadon, Ginger, Desert, Canyon de Chelly (when its available) I have more but have forgotten what they are.

Duane

REVAMPED WEBSITE NOW OPEN

Old 2010-04-07, 4:55am

Grape ape is a beautiful purple.
My favorite.
Old 2010-04-07, 6:59am
Formerly FishBulb

Oh yeah, I forgot about Pumpkin! Yummy. Dreamsicle is also a delicious opaque orange, but the rods I got are shocky as hell.

In Soviet Russia, Google searches you.
Old 2010-04-07, 7:59am

I love them all!! But no one has mentioned Thai Orchid - lovely deep opaque purple without the dangers of EDP. It will react slightly with some colors.

At the moment I am in love with kryptonite and dirty martini. Dirty martini is wonderful with Raku or multicolor, and under leaky pen.

SRA #C88

Old 2010-04-07, 8:44am
Living Life Creatively

I couldn't live without Hades—works wonderful for fine stringer work and as a reactive base under silver colors! I also love all their translucent "moonstone" type colors—Kryptonite, Rose Quartz, Peacock, Halong Bay, and Chalcedony. Crocus and Cirrus are some of my faves too. (Okay, I could go on and on, there is such a long list of their awesome colors! ;-D)
-
-
-
Old 2010-04-07, 9:12am

Ummm hello....maple is a wonderful brown transparent. and lipstick and eggplant. Well actually they are all awsome colors.
Old 2010-04-07, 9:26am

CiM makes awesome colors. Haven't yet met one I didn't like!
Old 2010-04-07, 9:29am

That's hard to choose a favorite....I love Leaky Pen, Hades, Ghee, Rose Quartz, Canyon De Chelly, Clockwork, Mermaid, Phoenix is cool.....
Leaky Pen is reactive like Pink Rubino so if you put opal yellow, copper green, turquoise..etc over the top you will get cool outlines!!!

Old 2010-04-07, 9:35am

Great Bluedini is my new favorite transparent color - it is really dense but over a thin base of transparent it is gorgeous! Peace is hands down the best white on the market IMHO, Hades and Tuxedo are great blacks - Hades is the more reactive of the two. I could go on and on. I think the only CIM glass I have not fallen in love with was Khaki - it boiled horribly for me.

Old 2010-04-07, 9:43am
Burning through glass

All CiM's colors are sooooo nice, some are extremely similar to Eff. but here's some of mine I will NEVER give up and they're always around...

Hades
Lapis
Butter Pecan (especially the dark unique)
Phoenix
Mermaid
Leaky Pen
Stone Ground (which is a nice alternative to Op. Yellow)
Dirty Martini
Celadon
Ming
French Blue (which is a nice dk. periwinkle or Eff. Lapis alternative)
Heffalump
Cranberry - I like their version of "Rubino" better, especially when layering with silver rich colors...it doesn't turn grey as easily.
Adamantium (is a unique warm chocolaty grey, very different from the Eff. Greys)

Well, that's a handful of my favs.
Renee

Changeable Jewelry, Murrini & MORE!

Custom Supplies:

& Fine Art Beads & Jewelry:

&
Old 2010-04-07, 10:16am
Ellyloo-YAH!

oh gosh.

Sangre,
Canyon De Chelly,
Clear

are the only regular ones i get

Old 2010-04-07, 10:19am
Duchess of Dichro

Ohh boy It sounds like I am going to have to try out all these CIM colors. Another glass to try Oy vey !!!!!

Old 2010-04-07, 10:25am
one day at a time

I'm in love with CiM!!!

Just getting started with this glass, and will be trying a lot more soon.
Old 2010-04-07, 3:37pm
Karen James

This is a tough one, there are so many!
Marshmallow
Plum
Rose Quartz
Blush
Sapphire
Ghee
Peace
I know there are more ...

Karen

Cricket, Mini CC, Devilbiss MC84 Oxy and NG
Old 2010-04-07, 3:41pm

Canyon di Chelly and Gelly's Sty Pink. Gelly's is a pink that won't burn on ya!

Heck, it would have been a shorter list to say what DON'T folks like!

Good luck,

Sue
and the present is a gift.
Old 2010-04-07, 3:50pm

I just love Dirty Martini, because of the way it plays with DH glass... and reative frits

Old 2010-04-07, 9:35pm

I have a few of the CiM colors people have listed here, but Sangre Red is my absolute favorite. It's got to be the best red I've ever found!

Pandora, Biagi, Troll, and more, bead sets, and focals.