No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2018-07-19, 6:26pm
Mebmer

Default Help identify a glass?

Any cool mysterious fun experts know what this glass is? It's a cross between ivory and a medium transparent amber. I got it in a destash lot three or four years ago, it had a lot of vetrofond, including a little river rock (if that helps give you an idea from the time when the glass would be from). It is shocky, but not explody small pieces shocky, more just break off in half inch sections and just drop straight to the table like it is lazy shocky.

The first rod is regular ivory. The other two are the mystery glass.

Top left is a tab bead made years ago completely with this color etched. The second bead was made last week completely with this color then covered in silver leaf and lines of ivory. The third bead has a base completely of this color and was made years ago when I got frustrated that it was so shocky. The other side says "F***." It was therapeutic.

The pendant on bottom is one of the ones with river rock that has so far survived. It is followed by a self portrait.

If anyone knows it would be greatly appreciated. I crushed some up in an attempt to show it who is boss and used it as frit, silver leafed over it and added effetre ivory and/or river rock and had great results. IF you know what this glass is, I would like to know if there are any compatability issues as I have experienced some cracking in some pendants I made yesterday (specifically in the ones I only used the effetre ivory on, which were made earlier in the session).

Just want to rule out this glass as a cause if possible.

Last edited by SStephen; 2018-07-19 at 6:30pm. Reason: bloop blahp bleep
Old 2018-07-19, 7:27pm

Honeycrunch, especially if it is a bit shocky. I love it. I have not had compatibility problems, but I work small and conservative. It's a Vetrofond odd, 104.
Old 2018-07-19, 7:44pm
Mebmer

Thumbs up

What a fitting name. Thank you very much, I won’t blame the honey crunch for the cracking then. That helps narrow it down.