Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Calls for Entries, etc.

Calls for Entries, etc. -- Calls for Entries, Contests, Exhibits, etc.

Old 2007-01-25, 8:46am
JulieV

Hey Geneva, did you find out if your demo was Sat. or Sunday? Remember, it would be my pleasure to watch your booth for you if it's on the Sunday. I just planned on spending the whole day cruising around the show anyway.
Lisa, this passport thing is really stressing me out! Sure hope I don't have to drive across the border and fly down from there.....or worse, drive all the way! Also didn't get cancellation insurance on my trip so I'd really be hooped! Oh well, all I can do is hope for the best. I just read "worrying is like a rocking chair; it gives you something to do but doesn't get you anywhere".

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2007-03-13, 11:13am
tweetysweetie

We're getting closer to Expo and thought I'd bring this thread to the top for all those who have been also reading the other thread about Expo. Looking forward to seeing everyone again and meeting new folks who will be there.
This venue has grown so much over the years, there really is something for about everyone who likes doing glass. I'm busy teaching each day, but I don't have any night classes so hope to visit with all during the evening and do my shopping on Sunday..........see you!
catharine

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2007-03-20, 5:47am

Vegas ONE MORE WEEK!!!!! I'm flying in on Tuesday night. CAN"T WAIT. Doing the ups thing wed. for pickup at MLK ups terminal on the next Thursday. I guess it's just silly to look forward to a show this much. I get to see all my friends and meet so many new people that by the time its over I'm on overload. The kids won't let me go by myself anymore, they think that one day I just won't come back. (they may be right) I do have new diamond hole bits this year there that are great, and cz's on the table. Make sure you see the demo on Stauraday on the napkin rings on stage using the lead-free solder (specially if you do wire sculpture). There is going to be so many free demos this year. Make sure you get to the dance and listen to your favorite instructors in the band. Also there's the Dinner before -- for a very good cause. Can't wait!! CAN'T WAIT
Geneva
Old 2007-03-21, 8:32am
JulieV

Got my passport! And it came about a week earlier than I was told it would. Only took about 5 weeks. But now it's clear sailing!
Kinda wish there was an 'LE sticker' we could wear so we'd all know who the LEers are......

Old 2007-03-22, 5:11am

Thats great Julie,
I look forward to meeting you. That's a great Idea. I could get BF to make up some small tags that say I'm an LE Addict or something with a little sign in the booth so that people could pick them up. That way everyone could just write thier LE name on the tag. I would love to meet more people that I talk to on the forums. When will you be getting in?
Geneva
Old 2007-03-22, 5:17am
JulieV

Awesome! Name tags WITH LE id!
I'm arriving Wed. early am.....Did you find someone to watch your booth yet?
Hey, did you all have a peak at this thread?
http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/sh...8&goto=newpost
A bunch of us are meeting for supper Thurs. evening.....

Old 2007-03-22, 1:43pm

The Boyfriend had some big jobs come in so my 25 year old daughter is comming with me. Boyfriend said his company will make up the LE tags for us so all you have to do is come by the booth and get one, two, or three, ect, ect, ect. I will also take them to the dinner on thursday night.
Geneva
Old 2007-03-23, 8:43am
bug freak -> glass freak

i'll be exhibiting in the bead bazaar and teaching wed, thu, fri! Please come visit and introduce yourself!

Can't wait to see everyone- Katharine, Jeri, Lisa, Geneva- we'll have fun!

Check out my website!

Old 2007-03-25, 11:16am

Hey,
CorriDawn ok'ed the use of the LE logo and colors for the badges. My table is F2 and I will be in Deb Crawley's class on Wed. Julie, if you and Margaret can come by and pick up some of them to hand out I would appriciate it. Anyone else is welcome also.
Geneva
Old 2007-03-25, 12:55pm
JulieV

Wow, that's great! I'll try to find you after your class on Wednesday. When is it over? Depending on the time, I could wait outside the class for you.

Old 2007-03-25, 3:15pm

My class starts at 10 and ends at 6:00. I am so excited. I'm trying to pack up my stuff and keep draging things out and replacing other things. Yesterday a customer came in and found out I was going to the show, so she left and brought back a friend to buy the new triple dicro moons because she was scared there wouldn't any left when I got back. So now I'm repacking all of that stuff too.
We're going to have fun.
I'm like a little kid going to the candy store. Hopping from one foot to the other. (If you can imagine a 49 year old grandma doing this)
Are you going to the banquet Sat. Night?
Geneva
Old 2007-03-25, 3:20pm
JulieV

I hadn't planned on going to the banquet.

Old 2007-03-25, 4:06pm

Our own Rat Pack plays afterwards and it is always worth it to see the band. Peter McGrain, Tommy G, Gill Renolds, and many other teachers make up the band. Everyone has a blast. I at least drop in every year just to see the fun on the dance floor. Sometimes it's fun, sometimes it's funny, and sometimes we get a few that go a little overboard. I always enjoy it.
Geneva
Old 2007-10-17, 1:00pm
Always smiling, again.

I cant wait for the convention. It'll be good to see Deb Crowley! I took a class from her in 1997, when she lived in Vegas. I would love to take many classes but its looking pretty grim. That's ok, keep on truckin!