Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Customer Service Kiosk

Customer Service Kiosk -- Questions for LE vendors.

Old 2008-01-20, 6:34pm
Sucks at being nice

Default Frantz & the peanuts

I placed an order with Frantz and it came amazingly fast. Every thing was perfect. But unfortunately I wasn't prepared for the Battle of the Peanuts. My glass was packed with the bottom of the bag of peanuts. You know what I mean, all of the tiny bits of foam. It shouldn't have been a problem except for the piece of candy in the bottom that I had to find. I couldn't let it go. So here I am, there is 0 humidity in my house, it's colder than a witches you know what so I'm wearing fleece and I have to get that last piece of candy out of the little chunks of foam. Next thing you know I have foam up to my shoulders, every time I try to get it back in the box I more foam adheres to me. I'm trying to be neat and keep it fom flying through the house. It's just not happening. So I get the bright idea to go in the bathroom and spray myself with hairspray. It works for static cling on skirts. Now I have a trail of little foam gibblets all the way from the dining room to the upstairs bathroom. The hairspray just proceeded to make the foam stick more securely to me. I give! Take off my jacket, go outside and shake furiously for 10 minutes then come back in and vaccuum.
But wait, there's more! I always empty my peanuts in large bags so I can reuse it. What do I hear as I'm dumping the peanuts in the bag? A piece of candy that I somehow missed. I can't leave it in there...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2008-01-20, 6:40pm
Who me?

I absolutely HATE those DAMN peanuts.
Old 2008-01-20, 6:42pm

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
I've got to get every piece of candy too! The secret is Dryer Sheets
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2008-01-20, 6:49pm
Sucks at being nice

Quote:

I've got to get every piece of candy too! The secret is Dryer Sheets
I'll plan ahead next time and have one ready BEFORE I open the box.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2008-01-20, 6:51pm

ANTS found the candy I missed. . .

Vanessa
Old 2008-01-20, 6:52pm
needs to light the torch.

I just put lotion on my hands before I open packages...
The humidity of the lotion makes it not stick

I prefer the vegepuffs!!!!! They are awesome and biodegradeable

Old 2008-01-20, 7:16pm

Default Thanks for the story

Great Story, laughed and laughed and then looked at our hopper of peanuts and the bags of candy sitting on the shelf.....it all makes sense now. I will try to remember to use only grade "A" peanuts, nothing from the bottom of the bag and extra candy!

Mikey

Frantz Art Glass Website:

The Torch Website:

Mike's phone: 800.839.6712 ext 206
Old 2008-01-20, 7:27pm
Rare Florida Native

Hey Mike - I love biodegradeable - and candy......

Old 2008-01-20, 7:53pm
Disconnected

Oh yes, I would love biodegradable too, please....

Old 2008-01-20, 7:59pm
Know-it-all Megalomaniac

Put me down for one that HATES HATES HATES Styrofoam
packing peanuts. Totally non-biodegradable, AND they are
just a beeatch to handle. I always end up ankle deep in
them by the time I get the products out.

I'm with Nichole - I like the vegi-puff ones. Not only
are they biodegradable, but the kids get them just a bit
wet and they stick together! They can play for hours
and then I take the whole mess and chuck it into the garden.

Get your copy of the new Lampwork Etc. Tutorials and Tips Book

Old 2008-01-20, 7:59pm
Just me

I didn't get any candy with my Christmas gift order (that came a few days after). Bummer
I hate the peanuts too but for different reasons. My son loves to crumble them up into tiny pieces which is waaaaay harder to clean up!

Old 2008-01-20, 8:00pm

While I love the concept of biodegradable peanuts, that's how I got a garage full of mice! I don't save the biodegradable ones anymore
Old 2008-01-20, 8:06pm
Storm Queen

I HATE the peanuts and I didn't get any candy with my last two orders. How sad am I that I look forward to the candy?

Old 2008-01-20, 8:07pm
passionate about pets

I know that the biodegradable ones if you put in the sink and use water on them and they disintegrate.....that way no mice in the garbage....it is a bit more work but for no mice it is worth it

*StOrM*

Nortel Minor- Natural gas & Oxycon

Old 2008-01-20, 8:12pm

Default Peanuts and Candy!

Whiskerwood was opening her pack
Slit the sides, and out flew the crap

The peanuts were small
And did they ever fall

And now we await the attack!

The peanuts were really just mutant
That happens sometimes, and you knew it

She’s really not happy
screaming “where is my candy”?

And trying to keep a good wit!

----------------------------------------------------------------

Frantz Art Glass Website:

The Torch Website:

Mike's phone: 800.839.6712 ext 206
Old 2008-01-20, 8:18pm

Quote:
Whiskerwood was opening her pack
Slit the sides, and out flew the crap

The peanuts were small
And did they ever fall

And now we await the attack!

The peanuts were really just mutant
That happens sometimes, and you knew it

She’s really not happy
screaming “where is my candy”?

And trying to keep a good wit!

LOL, Mike you so crazy!!!

Old 2008-01-20, 8:49pm
Dare to be different.

Hate peanuts and haven't gotten any candy with my last two orders! Won't stop me from digging through the peanuts next time.

Old 2008-01-20, 8:52pm
BrakerBeads

Just got my shipment.....love the stuff. Kid loved the candy.

But the DH says I am banned from opening that peanut crap in the house LOL!

I guess I will be opening it in the driveway.

Because Beads are Necessary for Life Force!

Old 2008-01-20, 8:53pm

I never eat candy I get in the mail

Actually I don't much eat candy... LOL

Old 2008-01-20, 8:55pm
Rare Florida Native

Quote:
I know that the biodegradable ones if you put in the sink and use water on them and they disintegrate.....that way no mice in the garbage....it is a bit more work but for no mice it is worth it
Thats one way to get rid of them

We have a local shipping store that will take "peanuts" in any form and use them.
No mice problem

Old 2008-01-20, 8:58pm
Rare Florida Native

And I should say I would rather look for extra glass than candy......

Old 2008-01-20, 9:22pm

Default Candy/Peanuts

I never look for the candy because the peanuts don't need an excuse to get all over my house. I carefully remove the glass, check the bill to see if there should be any small purchases and then hustle the box of peanuts out. If Mike pasted a surprise on the bottom of the box I would never see it. Sorry, Mike, peanuts stick to everything.
Carolyn
Old 2008-01-20, 10:11pm

Quote:
Thats one way to get rid of them

We have a local shipping store that will take "peanuts" in any form and use them.
No mice problem
That is what I do with all my non-biodegradeable peanuts too...

Old 2008-01-21, 1:25am

For those of you that don't want the peanuts....hmmm I think I'd pay you for them!!!
That stuff isn't cheap I tell ya. Mike you actually save me from buying them so much.
But omg.....I have to admit.....especially when you have a few hundred pounds of glass here, there's peanuts everywhere. In the garage, in the rooms, on me, on my dog....
I sure would like to know how the dryer sheets work? I would need to coat the whole house with them.
Irene

Old 2008-01-21, 6:33am

You can use the biodegradable ones as centers for hollow PMC beads, and it burns out when you fire it, or so I've been told!

mini cc, tanked O2, propane and a diet coke
Old 2008-01-21, 6:49am

Quote:
I sure would like to know how the dryer sheets work? I would need to coat the whole house with them.
Irene
Well, on your scale it would be pretty tough! With just a box or 2 it work well just to rub the dryer sheet along the edges and flaps of the open box, the container you're putting the peanuts into, and your hands & arms (and maybe the dog too
)
Old 2008-01-21, 7:55am
giggety-giggety

why don't you just pack the glass with those soft circus peanuts?

heheh....hehhe...

My etsy:

Old 2008-01-21, 8:12am
Genus: gwacefulia klumsia

I've either never gotten candy from Frantz (likely) or never noticed it. I give all my peanuts to a local company so maybe they get the candy. I only do one big order a year usually, at most since I have so much glass.
etsy shop:

doggies:
Old 2008-01-21, 8:42am
Sucks at being nice

I'm ok with the peanuts if it means my glass arrives unbroken. It was just too funny all of the trouble I had with it this time. I've never had peanuts swarm me like that. I think they were trying to take me down but I had the advantage of superior weight (and then some) on my side. Luckily the dogs were outside when this was going down or I'd still be picking foam off of them!

Old 2008-01-21, 9:47am
I'm meeeeelting

I made the mistake of doing my candy digging in my driveway last time and the peanuts were blowing all over the place. I was chasing them down the driveway and into the street. Had to get the candy, though.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Kevlar Fingerless Gloves: