AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Glacial Art Glass

Old 2005-07-08, 6:41am

Default Color Reactions

I am actually starting this thread because _I_ need help finding what creates a SHINY GOLD reaction to reduction Flame! I will be adding reactions I have used as well!

If you have a COLOR REACTION you'd like to add to this thread, hit REPLY, but put in a TITLE with your colors, ok?
Thanks!
Lynnie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thank You to ALL of my friends
who have journeyed
With me thru my elbow injury
and recovery!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

:
Old 2005-07-08, 7:03am

Default Caliente Gold -- Bullseye compatible (mostly)

Michelle Lusk (boobiebeads) sells this on her site www.calienteglass.com
Attached Images

Old 2005-07-08, 5:48pm

Hmmm I guess i SHOULD have said, MORETTI compatible! but I DO have some of this and I'll try it THANKS!
Lynnie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robinj
Michelle Lusk (boobiebeads) sells this on her site www.calienteglass.com

who have journeyed
and recovery!

:
Old 2005-07-08, 11:25pm
rainbowchasingtimewaster

I've had great luck with light iris gold reduction frit. You can pull it into stringers and wind around a clear bead, melt in, reduce and voila! Shiny gold!

Lori Peterson - Try telling a Dachshund no and you will understand the true meaning of futility.

*f

Old 2005-07-09, 1:53am
traumaqueen

Location: Utrecht, a town in The Netherlands, close to amsterdam

You could also try to reduce Rubino Oro, to bring out the gold content of the glass

Old 2005-07-09, 6:10am
ManBearPig

I've noticed when I accidentally reduce Rubino, it turns grey, not gold. Of course, I'm not trying to do it (I'm going for pink), so I may be doing it wrong.

Old 2005-07-10, 12:09am
traumaqueen

Maybe Kandice can help out here, she told me it can be done. I haven't tried it myself with rubino, but did try with tourmaline pink ( czech glass) and it looks smashing!!

Old 2005-07-10, 10:26am

Rubino turns grey for me too!

Lynnie

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzanne
Maybe Kandice can help out here, she told me it can be done. I haven't tried it myself with rubino, but did try with tourmaline pink ( czech glass) and it looks smashing!!

who have journeyed
and recovery!

:
Old 2005-07-10, 10:46am
Life in the slow lane

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzanne
Yeah, well, Kandice uses magic. I think she twiches her nose and poof she is inspired.

Old 2005-07-10, 3:35pm
odd lot addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by starlia
Yeah, well, Kandice uses magic. I think she twiches her nose and poof she is inspired.
I think we should nickname Kandice the Goddess of Color!
Old 2005-07-10, 3:42pm
Life in the slow lane

What about Kandice the Color Magic Witch?

Old 2005-07-11, 4:59am
traumaqueen

Kandice the Emperess of Precious Pink

Old 2005-07-11, 2:09pm

Kandice the Magnificent!
Paula
Old 2005-07-11, 4:06pm

Okay, you guys crack me up!!!!

Here's what I do with Rubino to get the shiny reaction. For me, it goes somewhere between gold and silver, and shines like crazy.

Make sure you're using the darkest batch of rubino possible - I think that has the most gold content. Make your bead in a cool, oxydizing, small flame, to avoid burning out the metal in the glass. Strike the rubino outside and underneath the flame to bring out the pink. Then, quickly turn down the oxy and turn up the propane. Bathe the bead in the very upper part of the flame until it turns metallic, then immediatly put it in the kiln.
About 75% of the time I get a nice, shiny metallic sheen that's somewhere between gold and silver colored. On the rare occasion, when my flame is too hot, I get a sooty grey color. Ew. So this is something that takes a lot of practice. The metals are really sensitive to heat, I guess.
I unfortunately don't have many pics of this technique because I did most of those beads for a show last year, but here's a small pic of one of these. The scroll line is Streaky Pink encased in Rubino and then reduced like I described. I should make more of these, yes?

Last edited by kandice; 2009-06-03 at 3:53pm.
Old 2005-07-11, 7:10pm
sunscreen me baby

Yes Candice! Thanks for sharing. I can't wait to attempt this.

~

Old 2005-07-11, 11:03pm
traumaqueen

Yes you should make lot's more of these, I have always wondered what that gorgious pink shiny stuff was... rubino THanks so much for jumping in here to share your pink knowledge once again!
Suzanne

Old 2005-07-11, 11:17pm

You bet!

Old 2005-07-12, 8:04am

Beautiful bead Kandice! Thanks for sharing the secret! (I wish this Kool Aid guy would dance, wouldn't that be too cool? ok I have a thing for smilies....)

Old 2005-07-12, 7:52pm
Formerly Travelin'gal

BEAUTIFUL Kandice. Thanks for sharing that technique

~
~
~
~
~
Old 2005-07-12, 8:03pm
MomOnAMission

Quote:
Originally Posted by kandice

Here's what I do with Rubino to get the shiny reaction. For me, it goes somewhere between gold and silver, and shines like crazy.

Make sure you're using the darkest batch of rubino possible - I think that has the most gold content. Make your bead in a cool, oxydizing, small flame, to avoid burning out the metal in the glass. Strike the rubino outside and underneath the flame to bring out the pink. Then, quickly turn down the oxy and turn up the propane. Bathe the bead in the very upper part of the flame until it turns metallic, then immediatly put it in the kiln.
About 75% of the time I get a nice, shiny metallic sheen that's somewhere between gold and silver colored. On the rare occasion, when my flame is too hot, I get a sooty grey color. Ew. So this is something that takes a lot of practice. The metals are really sensitive to heat, I guess.
I unfortunately don't have many pics of this technique because I did most of those beads for a show last year, but here's a small pic of one of these. The scroll line is Streaky Pink encased in Rubino and then reduced like I described. I should make more of these, yes?

Simply breath-taking, Kandice! I would LOVE to see a set like the one you created~ wow... pink is my favorite color
Old 2005-07-12, 9:42pm

WOW KAndice THANK YOU! You should place this in the TUTORIALS file! AWESOME! I'll PROBABLY try it soon!
Hugs and thanks
Lynnie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kandice

who have journeyed
and recovery!

:
Old 2005-07-13, 8:24am

Gorgeous!!! Paula
Old 2005-07-21, 7:36am

Those are very pretty!! Thanks for sharing!
Old 2018-10-29, 7:32pm

Thanks for all the great ideas