Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Customer Service Kiosk

Customer Service Kiosk -- Questions for LE vendors.

Old 2010-12-26, 8:54am

Default Shipping Notice from That Frit Girl

I have had a couple of customers email to let me know that their packages have not arrived. The tracking on their packages simply states the ever-helpful "in-transit."

I use my local small Post Office here in Bulverde as a drop for out-bound packages, but I'm beginning to wonder whether a couple have been misplaced during the busy holiday rush - usually the line for the window extends out the door and down the porch.

If anyone has not received their frit yet PLEASE let me know so I can pack up a second shipment and take it to a different Post Office.

I cannot apologize enough. I hate waiting for packages, and I know that you do as well.

Have safe, happy Holidays!
Leslie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Leslie
Frit Happens...
Old 2010-12-28, 7:04am

The shipping delays seem to have been ironed out now - holiday postal traffic at it's best. Thanks for hanging in there guys!

Leslie
Frit Happens...
Old 2010-12-28, 7:25am
אהבה אני ישו

Leslie -

Is that Bulverde Texas? If so, I live "just down the road a piece" from ya! Howdy! (I'm not really THAT country, just thought I would throw in a little Texan)

Melissa

Believer
Wife
Mother
Grandmother
Student
Artist

Wishes the hot flashes she has were only the kind that occur at her torch...

Old 2010-12-28, 9:46am

I soooo love happy endings
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2010-12-28, 11:00am

Is it a Texas thing? I have a package that has yet to be delivered to San Antonio and it was mailed on Dec 20th. Doing an inquiry with the postal service but it was a big order and there was no insurance bought. I'm pulling my hair out over here wondering if it's lost or just slow.

Old 2010-12-30, 5:35am

Reenie, it might be. I just had two packages sent BACK to me! I wish that I could just email my frits.... Likewise, no insurance has been bought, but since the post has been so wierd I've just been willing to double ship so people can get their glass. It's a hit, I know, but I want everyone to be happy and it's not their fault that the post's gone haywire here.

I discovered that I still have one more that's MIA, and the guy lives in San Antonio - just down the road from Bulverde! MUST be a Texas thing...
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Leslie
Frit Happens...
Old 2010-12-30, 5:37am

Quote:
Leslie -

Is that Bulverde Texas? If so, I live "just down the road a piece" from ya! Howdy! (I'm not really THAT country, just thought I would throw in a little Texan)

Melissa
HI Melissa! It sure is Bulverde, Texas!!! Heya neighbor
Where are ya?

Leslie
Frit Happens...
Old 2010-12-30, 10:33am

Leslie,
My customer received her package yesterday. Took 9 days for priority mail to get to her. I'm so relieved lol. It was a large order that made it through ragged but not broken

Old 2010-12-31, 2:45pm
אהבה אני ישו

Quote:
HI Melissa! It sure is Bulverde, Texas!!! Heya neighbor
Where are ya?
I'm in New Braunfels, so not too far. I passed through Boerne for the first time in years this Summer and I was shocked at how much it had grown and changed. But of course New Braunfels has changed pretty drastically over the last 25 years of living here. Run! San Antonio is taking over!

Believer
Wife
Mother
Grandmother
Student
Artist

Wishes the hot flashes she has were only the kind that occur at her torch...

Old 2010-12-31, 3:46pm
one day at a time

Quote:
Leslie,
My customer received her package yesterday. Took 9 days for priority mail to get to her. I'm so relieved lol. It was a large order that made it through ragged but not broken
Having shipped thousands of packages over the years, I can say that's not unusual. All you can do is explain to customers that it is the mail and the time of year, and to please be patient. With First Class it may take as much as a week longer than the usual. With Priority Mail, several times I've had packages sent to me that took as long as 11 days to arrive after they were processed by the sender's PO. That's for this time of year, but any other time it takes 3-4 days at the most from CA to FL.

I rarely have to send out second packages, and I may do that if the one I sent isn't tracking at all. I check the tracking on slow packages and give my customer an update as I see changes. If they express to me that they are worried about the package being lost, I can reassure them when the tracking is showing that something is happening.

I love the USPS, and I haven't lost a package yet. Except last holiday season, I had one that was sent to PR and never arrived after almost 4 weeks. I sent out a second one which did, but very slow, like 3 weeks. Then the 1st package shows up in my mailbox as "undeliverable" 4 months later. My customer and I both got a laugh out of that one.
Old 2011-01-01, 1:30pm
Naysayer

Glad your customers laugh, mine file disputes. They didn't care that tracking showed it was moving.

12 years of online selling and this year seems to be the year of 'I don't understand that holiday time is slow so I'll file a dispute'

Everything arrived, but..still

Next year I'm taking off in December.
Old 2011-01-05, 8:08am
The Andrea Half

Or at the beginning of December put a huge disclaimer in flashing red about shipping delays. People will STILL miss it, but at least you have CYA.

I love that little PO in Bulverde, but Leslie is right--I have seen the line stretching out the door just before the holidays. I think this whole thing *was* something in Texas, though; stuff here in Georgia was getting through. Seems to happen to people in at least one state every holiday!

Anyway, just before I left Texas I was helping Leslie pack up orders, and all the shipping seems to be moving normally again. (We were triple and quadruple checking all the orders; Leslie worked 80 hours in the week before Christmas. Between Wednesday, when I arrived, and Christmas Day, I think I saw her for the grand total of one hour. Hospital administrators should have to work the hours they require of people on call. Just saying.)

Old 2011-01-05, 9:18am

Of course there is still PayPal... I just sent a package to DENMARK when it should have gone to GERMANY
(sorry Sigi) because PayPal corrected the address!
That's the first time that's happened, though, so I count myself lucky... I know they just updated...something...so maybe it was just a glitch in the update. Oh well - Sigi's NEW package will go out today - to GERMANY!!!

Leslie
Frit Happens...
Old 2011-01-05, 10:15am
artiegirl

all my family lives in Seguin and New Braunfels, I rarly see anyone mention New Braunfels
by the way I ordered from That Frit Girl and recieved it yesterday I cant wait to try it.
Old 2011-01-06, 9:01am

YAY!!! You got your order and I didn't have to email it!!!! (I wish that I could teleport them during the holiday season!!!) Enjoy the frit and HAVE FUN!!!

Leslie
Frit Happens...
Old 2011-01-06, 5:27pm
Uh-oh means it's too late

Just placed and order I could not resist!! I have been playing with frits a lot lately in a new series I am calling Frit Impressions- I can't wait to use the blend you have "My Sister's Other Sock" it is fun an quirky just like me
Look forward to trying your blends it is the first time I am ordering from you

Old 2011-01-07, 7:25am
The Andrea Half

ROFL!!! I still have those socks, too. (Every so often I meet someone at a Southern Flames meeting who says, "Oh, YOU'RE the sister with the socks!) You can order funky, loud, cheerfully mismatched socks at SolMate
I love the blend LEslie made--you're going to have fun with it!

Old 2011-01-07, 7:39am

Michelle-you will love her frits! They are great!
Old 2011-01-07, 9:08am

Quote:
ROFL!!! I still have those socks, too. (Every so often I meet someone at a Southern Flames meeting who says, "Oh, YOU'RE the sister with the socks!) You can order funky, loud, cheerfully mismatched socks at SolMate
I love the blend LEslie made--you're going to have fun with it!
heheheh I love it!!!! I also love crazy socks being a life long knitter i have a few pairs that make my own sisters cringe
they always tell me to where shoes lol I have some "Dobby" mismatched socks I insist on wearing when I am with them just to make them go red in the face!!!
I am sure I will have a blast with the frit I cannot wait for it!!

Old 2011-01-07, 9:08am

Quote:
Michelle-you will love her frits! They are great!
I know I will I am turing into a bit of a frit ho and I love creating with the stuff- HIGHLY ADDICTIVE!!!!