No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2008-06-28, 3:21pm
Determined Noob!

Default Oxy-Con for Mini CC

I am planning on getting a Mini CC and looking into oxygen concentrators. I've been doing the research, and I'm still a little confused. I will mostly be working with soft glass, but I'd like the ability to do some boro too. Would a 5 be enough, or should I opt for a 10? If I decide to just stick with the soft glass for now, would the 5 be enough? I will most likely be using the small propane tanks (like Blue Rhino).

Mini CC, DeVilbiss 515,
COE 104, tanked propane
Old 2008-06-28, 5:36pm

One of these will run the mini well for soft glass. A pair linked is great for large soft glass and boro work that isn't large. They will only run you 600 dollars for the pair delivered and they will probably throw in the conector tubing for free, they did for me. I have a pair of the older model from them and they were great to deal with and the machines have run with no problems. Wow I wish I had this newer model with the 9psi mine is only 7 but they work fine so I won't be envious.

http://www.hobbiesforus.com/

hopefully you will get more opinions and options to think about.

Alison
Old 2008-06-29, 9:35am
Determined Noob!

Thank you Alison! According to their website, they are having a special on the Devilbiss 505 which includes free shipping. It is 9psi, but I'm not sure what size. I sent them an email, but probably won't hear anything until Monday.

Thanks again,

Mini CC, DeVilbiss 515,
COE 104, tanked propane
Old 2008-06-29, 9:46am

I too am looking for one for a Mini-CC. I have sent out some emails and pms, but haven't heard anything back and it has been a few days. Hopefully I will hear soon. I want to get setup ASAP. LOL!

Mini-CC& M-5 oxycon
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2008-06-29, 10:26am

Woohoo, I am getting an M-5 and will add a 2nd when I am ready and have the funds, LOL! Can't wait!

Mini-CC& M-5 oxycon

Old 2008-06-29, 12:09pm
Determined Noob!

Default HOT!

Congrats Manda! Yeah, I'm here in hot FL too. I'm probably not going to have a studio any time soon, so I'm going to be using the carport for a little while - NOT looking forward to it, but I really want to do this. I'll probaby do most of my work in the evening, so it won't be so bad. Let us know how it goes with everything, K?

Mini CC, DeVilbiss 515,
COE 104, tanked propane