Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Customer Service Kiosk

Customer Service Kiosk -- Questions for LE vendors.

Old 2012-01-18, 10:15am
Glass Hive Kiln Tech.

Default Glass Hive Experiencing 5 Year Storm today

The power is coming and going. We apologize for any inconvenience. We will of course be manning the phones and email as power allows. Just a heads up.

Safety is not an issue thus far. Just lots of rain and some wind. I know it is much worse at the beach 10 miles west. We don't usually get wind this far inland, so lots of little branches are letting go, and that is what is giving us the power issues. So far, so good (knocking on wood).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Henry David Thoreau
Old 2012-01-21, 3:53pm
Glass Hive Kiln Tech.

We are back in the property. The structures are dry. That is the biggest relief.

The recovery is not yet over though. Power is still intermittent, the water is severed to the community, land slides are a big concern, and the roads are still being undercut by heavy water. We will be focusing on the utility issues this weekend.

It will still be a few days before we know when we will be back to business as usual.

We were very lucky. Unfortunately many in our area were not. They have declared a state of emergency. It is so sad to see all the devastation. Our hearts go out to all that have lost so much.

We do expect another storm in the next few days that will end in a severe cold snap. If timed badly with a fast melt we could still be in for a wild ride.

I will give more updates as we get new information. Thank you for your patience while we work through this recovery.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Henry David Thoreau
Old 2012-01-21, 3:54pm
Know-it-all Megalomaniac

I'm so glad nothing happened to the structures!
I've been worried about you guys. So scary.

Get your copy of the new Lampwork Etc. Tutorials and Tips Book

Old 2012-01-21, 4:23pm

So sorry to hear that Pam. Stay safe!

My Ebay
Old 2012-01-22, 6:20am
Evil Glass Enabler

I'm subscribing for updates. You and Mike are in my thoughts and prayers. Also Brent and his family and all the folks up that way.
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Angelique

Fantasy Sterling Jewelry
Hothead or Nortel Major/minor on an oxycon. Ex-hole stole the big torches after putting them on the inventory.
"If I'm not part of the solution then I'm part of the problem. Today I'm part of the problem."
Old 2012-01-23, 10:58am
Glass Hive Kiln Tech.

Thank you for all the good thoughts. Everyone of them helps.

We are back to power being a regularity, the water situation is still getting worked on. We are on a private water system so we are on the team doing the repairs. The neighbors rotate and share the load. We are not back to full work days yet, but getting much closer.

Kilns are being built again with breaks to help with the infrastructure. The speed is not high but progress is happening. We don't want to keep anyone waiting any longer than absolutely necessary.

We appreciate your understanding and patience while we finish regrouping. If the weather behaves things should pick up fast. If it has another big fit before all this water drains from the hills, there could be another adventure. We will keep you posted as things change.

Thank you,

Pam and Mike

Henry David Thoreau
Old 2012-01-25, 10:36am
The Crazy One

To all of you who have ordered Glass Hive kilns, they are so worth the wait! I'm leaving today to spend two weeks with Mike & Pam, I promise to help if I can and stay the hell outta the way when necessary so not to delay your kilns any further....
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
o)
Old 2012-01-25, 1:25pm
Glass Hive Kiln Tech.

Hmm. Loco you know I love you, and that is a very generous offer, but I have seen pictures of your metal work
We do have other non kiln areas that we can use a cheery helping hand. I can't wait until you get here in a few hours! Hurry Hurry, it isn't raining for a change

Hope you don't need a shower right away, the water system is doing its on and off thing again. We have to go up to the tower and see what the problem is now. I would be getting much more work done if the basics would stop messing about. The power still is too, for that mater, but we can generate power, just not water pressure.

Henry David Thoreau