Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2010-10-01, 11:31am

Default GA Tan Silver Creek

I bought a lb. of this stuff awhile back and it just dawned on me it's not the same color as the stuff I had before. WTH!!! I'm just bitchin' by the way, lol. No wonder my beads look different! Dammit! end of rant

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2010-10-01, 12:09pm
boro color bender

GA doesn't make Tan Silver Creek... Northstar does...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
Old 2010-10-01, 12:14pm

I love Tan Silver Creek and I have Milky Off White Rods to light Caramel Rods to an Extra-Cream in my coffee colors......somehow they all come out the same in the ole' kiln though. Are you happy with your ending product???? Mix a small frit blend of DAP-Silver Flambe' and Stormy Weather, make a tiny base of Tan Silver Creek and a light rolling....kiln it and you will be one happy girl to see what happens!!!!!! SURPRISE

Brenda

Don't forget a nice thick layer of clear encasing, POW

Last edited by NBN GLASS; 2010-10-01 at 12:21pm. Reason: add to and I don't know how to spell anymore!!
Old 2010-10-01, 12:42pm

Well, I have egg on my face! I figured out the problem is ME. I got a Scorpion and haven't learned the different flame chemistry. All my beads with TSC were coming out nothing like my old beads. I made them again this morning just using the Cricket part of the torch and I just checked them in the kiln and they are like my old beads YAY! I use this color a lot and love it. It's amazing what different flame chemistry does, lol. Sorry for the rant!

Northstar Tan Silver Creek ROCKS

I'll try your recipe! Thank you

Old 2010-10-01, 1:03pm

PERFECT Rose, glad you figured out your problem. Don't you just love your GTT??? Good luck and do try the frit blending with TSC, have a great weekend ahead
Brenda

Old 2010-10-01, 2:56pm
boro color bender

Oh good... i was thinking maybe you got a similar looking GA color mixed up with NS Tan Silver Creek... I've done that sort of thing and the results are often different.

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
Old 2010-10-01, 4:12pm
Marbles, dude, Marbles

No problem, Rose. Venting here is totally acceptable to me. I either learn something from it, or have a good laugh. Either way, venting is a winner.

Old 2010-10-01, 7:24pm

Thanks everyone for having a sense of humor with me. I love my GTT and am still learning..... Gotta keep our sense of humor these daze.........

Old 2010-10-04, 8:02am

they also make a color just called "Silver Creek" that is sometimes a source of confusion for people on this color