Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2008-01-01, 7:28am

Default Happy January Show & Tell

Happy New Years Everyone!
I forgot to post the first two in the last thread but since its a new year I started a new thread. This is the first boro thread S&T I have started so go easy on me! I am on a small round bead kick lately. I have been wanting to make some bangles.

New Years "Fiesta"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Heidi

~~
~~

Last edited by Jamn!; 2008-01-01 at 7:41am.
Old 2008-01-01, 9:14am
Renee Weaver

Beautiful Jamn, a wonderful way to start the new year. I've been making jewelry with my beads and I thought I would post those.

whoops, one of my pictures is too big, I will post it later.

Old 2008-01-01, 11:52am
Boro Brat

Jamn, I love the last set especially!!!

Renee, Beautiful colors...yum!

Old 2008-01-01, 12:35pm
Gay rights R human rights

I have a couple of mini sets...they remind me of tidepools....

Leslie

bravo torch with 2 ex20's
Old 2008-01-01, 1:15pm
Tonbodama Murrini maker

Jamn: I totaly love the last set!

Renee: Love the color and the shape

Leslie: I love the focal of the first set with the beads of the second set.

Well, i have never posted something before, but here i go....

Made this a while a go and it was my very first shell pendant.

Happy new year
Chrissy
Old 2008-01-01, 1:43pm
ID10T Problem Solver

DH bought me a new SUV, so I made something for myself.....a new keychain.

***Scorpion (4 stud)***
Old 2008-01-01, 3:34pm
Hummel factory reject

Luscious beads and shell everyone! Happy New Year to my boro buddies!!! Ms. P. love the new avatar pic and pink streaks!!! A couple of simple (Val-esque) pendants from me.

Last edited by kiko; 2008-10-09 at 10:59am.
Old 2008-01-02, 5:20am

Yes the hair is very cute!
Renee I love the colors in those! and the shape is very nice!
Leslie They do have that beachy look! I really like the shape of those and the colors are pretty!
Chrissy
I love that shell! Its very pretty!
I was thinking of making a shell out of boro but never went to go look up an old thread on how to shape them! I thought the iridescence would make it have that pearly look! ~Wow!~ it sure does look nice in boro!
Jana! What a cool Key chain but I hope you take this the right way... I don't want the key chain I want the SUV!
Lori Those are interesting and they make me want to pick them up and look at them! I like the stone look in there and the rock is a cool way to prop them up!

Heidi

~~
~~
Old 2008-01-02, 5:34am

Great start to the show and tell and great start to the new year

Old 2008-01-02, 3:53pm
Normal is Boring!!

I'm pickin' up my boro again-and having some fun!

~
~

Antique Brass Findings

Old 2008-01-03, 2:38pm
No Problem!

Signing in for the new year with some new spherical gems.
Blown from clear tubing with inside and outside work..

(Beau & Shani)

Old 2008-01-04, 2:42pm
Torch junkie

Here's some new dragons for 2008.

This one is made with NS aurora-reduced and the wings are amber purple over white.

These kissing dragons are made with Momka citrus, their bellies are transparent blue with dichroic on top and the heart is amber purple over white.

"It's not the torch you have that makes you better. It's what you learn to do with the torch you have, that makes you better."
Old 2008-01-04, 9:31pm

Wow beautiful work everyone.

Join the Army of Women to fight Breast Cancer. Click
Old 2008-01-04, 10:14pm
Know-it-all Megalomaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiko View Post
Luscious beads and shell everyone! Happy New Year to my boro buddies!!! Ms. P. love the new avatar pic and pink streaks!!! A couple of simple (Val-esque) pendants from me.
Wow Lori! What are those colors you used! Just striking!

Get your copy of the new Lampwork Etc. Tutorials and Tips Book

Old 2008-01-05, 9:30am
stacijane on Etsy

Beautiful work everyone! Happy New Year!! My goal for the new year is to try to improve my pictures. I spent 2 hours this morning reading threads in the dark room. I'm not sure if I learned anything yet! I did buy myself a tripod - which I think has helped a lot. I need to try to cob together a lightbox next. Here's my latest stuff and pictures I took today. Any critique is welcome! I think they might be too bright? Thanks!

Old 2008-01-05, 11:21am

STACI,
I have a "critique"....ABSOLUTELY STUNNING!!! Stunning torch work and stunning photography!!

Brenda

Old 2008-01-05, 11:28am

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentaymom View Post
Beautiful work everyone! Happy New Year!! My goal for the new year is to try to improve my pictures. I spent 2 hours this morning reading threads in the dark room. I'm not sure if I learned anything yet! I did buy myself a tripod - which I think has helped a lot. I need to try to cob together a lightbox next. Here's my latest stuff and pictures I took today. Any critique is welcome! I think they might be too bright? Thanks!

Get one on Ebay,it's called a laundry box,2 for 5.95
What blue in the last set if I may ask?
G.
Old 2008-01-05, 12:38pm
Gay rights R human rights

Default finally

I think I finally am getting the hang of implosions....should have chosen a better backing colour (note to self, get some of the lighter colours in powder/talc form) but I'm still pretty proud of it.....

red and orange crayon with tropical night "leaves" and cobalt backing.

Leslie

bravo torch with 2 ex20's
Old 2008-01-05, 2:44pm
stacijane on Etsy

Thanks Brenda!

G.L. - I think the blue ones are AP rolled in clear frit and encased in clear. But I tend to just grab stuff and never take notes so that may not be right. That is actually one of the photos that looks too "bright" to me. The blue doesn't stand out as much in the actual beads and has more of a teal/green tone to it. I'm still palying with camera settings - so hopefully I'll come across the magic setting sometime! Thanks for the tip on the laundry box too!

Old 2008-01-05, 3:12pm
ManBearPig

Just got a new lapidary machine, so I'm coldworking everything I can find...

Just another vortex...

Something new I'm working on. Supposed to resemble planets or moons or something. Not quite happy with them, but I'm getting there...

Old 2008-01-05, 8:10pm

Beautiful, everyone! I'd like to comment on every one as each one is a gem! But my eyes are drooping... Staci, I know what you mean about some photos making the beads brighter than they really are. I sometimes have to tone down the saturation in Photoshop Elements so the pics match the beads more closely. Beau - your beads are so unique and etheral. Cosmo - I love the "just another vortex" - it's perfect! Here's a pair of earrings I put in my new Etsy store... yawn, goodnight... Sandy

Old 2008-01-05, 8:56pm

~WOW~ Very pretty everyone!!

Heidi

~~
~~
Old 2008-01-06, 8:10pm
Torch junkie

I love when good things happen!
This heart is tripple passion over white with transparent yellow frit on the surface.

and this one is tequila sunrise over white with double amber purple frit on the surface.

"It's not the torch you have that makes you better. It's what you learn to do with the torch you have, that makes you better."
Old 2008-01-06, 9:37pm

Trudi, love the flowers!

My beads are just simple Triple Passion and clear, the color that lured me over to the dark side .

Old 2008-01-06, 9:42pm

I found these on Ebay. OMG they are gorgeous! Awesome job Sonya & Chris!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ksid=p3907.m29

Old 2008-01-06, 9:48pm

I went back and looked at everything again, and have to say how much I love boro!

Roger, your hearts are beautiful, really great color!
Sandy, I always love your work. Your earrings are great!
Cosmo, love the cold-working, and the outside of that last marble is really cool.
Staci, very pretty. I especially like the 1st set.
Roger, the dragons are amazing! I'm always in awe of sculptural work. The color of the wings is awesome!
Beau, love your blown beads! Your color is always great!
Trudi, well, you know, still LOVE the flowers!
Lori, your pendants are way cool, love the translucence.
Jana, cool keychain! Have fun with the new SUV!!!
Chrissy, I can't believe that's your first shell pendant!! Way to go! It actually looks like a shell (we won't talk about my first and last shell, lol) The color is great too!
Leslie, I LOVE those focals. I would totally wear them, in a cool chunky bracelet, with some lime chalcedony and some silver....
Renee, love the color and the texture of your set!
Jamn! Great color! I especially like the third set, with the striping. Very cool!

Old 2008-01-06, 9:50pm

Thanks Brandie! I love that set too. One of these days I'm going to chain that man to his torch and make him bead for me for hours on end, lol.

Old 2008-01-07, 2:42am

Wow... how do you get those colours out of it? I can't get past peachy... ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonyaHusko View Post
Trudi, love the flowers!

My beads are just simple Triple Passion and clear, the color that lured me over to the dark side .

Old 2008-01-07, 5:23am

Wow....really nice stuff in here. I love the lap work Cosmo, it's looking terrific. Those beads are especially nice as well Beau.
Old 2008-01-07, 5:33am

ShelleyLee, I just work it really hot and take it all the way to clear at the end. Then let it cool to where it's not glowing and slowly strike in the back of the flame until it developes the color I want. (It doesn't always work, sometimes I get peachy too)