Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2008-02-29, 5:39pm
Renee Weaver

Default March Show and Tell

Let's get a new S&T started! Here's mine...something simple.

Carmel and Onyx

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2008-02-29, 11:35pm
See my quote!!

Renee, that is a gorgeous vessel.

I've been playing with some boro beads.

Has a momka base - not sure which colour as it's from a bag of shorts. The frits NS Blue Moon, encased in clear.

The middle bead is DAP encased in clear and then VB Vincent Van frit and encased in clear again.

The others are a momka rod - encased in clear and then VB Vincent Van frit and encased in clear again

“The greatest part of our happiness depends on our dispositions not our circumstances”. - Martha Washington

Old 2008-03-01, 1:11am
Boro Brat

LOVE the vessel Renee!

Really pretty beads Michelle!

I thought I'd share a group shot of my ACEOS that I made today. Glass in the foreground, encaustic in the background

Old 2008-03-01, 5:17am

Pipyr, those are awesome. The combination of materials makes me want to look closer at each one.
My Etsy

SRA
#H135
Old 2008-03-01, 6:59am
stacijane on Etsy

Great showcase already! It's been quite a while since I had anything to show. I literally had to blow the dust off my torch. Life has been crazy lately! I finally got some time in last weekend and here's what I have to show for it!

Old 2008-03-01, 8:20am

Pipyr.. my gosh holly moses way to go, baby!!! Simply stunning pieces of ART work. I have always admired your talent. You are an artist in the true sense of the work and I am wishing you great things for your future.....

My humble offering for this first day of March (wahoo.. spring on the way and daylight savings back on soon!!)
Attached Images

Old 2008-03-01, 11:28am
Renee Weaver

LOVE it Kay

Old 2008-03-01, 12:46pm
critter creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipyr View Post
Hawt dang, Pipyr!!! I looooove those butterfly-winged ones!!!!!!! I almost bid, but my finance-part-of-brain caught me just in time Number 3 is the best, IMO

Old 2008-03-01, 6:39pm

Kay that pendant is beautiful !!!!

R-118
Old 2008-03-01, 8:20pm

Cathie and Renee, thank you so much. I think it is sold already.. even.. okay..

Old 2008-03-01, 9:00pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee Weaver View Post
Let's get a new S&T started! Here's mine...something simple.

Carmel and Onyx
hope you have a cupboard all nice and empty. I hate being crowded when I'm hiding. love this one too Renee.

Rob.
Old 2008-03-01, 9:09pm
Gay rights R human rights

I have an implosion pendant with mystery adventurine.

bravo torch with 2 ex20's
Old 2008-03-01, 10:43pm
Renee Weaver

Thanks Rob, I was so excited when the carmel reduced to a gold shine, that I went right out and bought a gold chain to match. Good grief... look what is happening to the price of gold and silver.
Leslie.. I really like the implosion, is mystery adv. the only color you used?

Old 2008-03-01, 11:27pm
Gay rights R human rights

For the implosion, yes. It has agua azul powder for a backing colour.
Thanks

bravo torch with 2 ex20's
Old 2008-03-02, 8:07am

Renee,
You are so getting good at the boro thing!! Butterscotch will reduce like that also....

Here is another pendant I made last night and put up on my website. I love what Jamn Glass's silk ribbons do to my glass pieces. I think one is sold already but none-the-less, I sure receive a lot of compliments on them.
Attached Images

Old 2008-03-02, 9:00am

Kay another great pendant, please write a tuit on these.

R-118
Old 2008-03-02, 9:41am

Kay I like the simple ring idea there. Was it difficult to do? did you use a mandrel? please tell more.

Rob.
Old 2008-03-02, 10:29am

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAG View Post
Renee,
You are so getting good at the boro thing!! Butterscotch will reduce like that also....

Here is another pendant I made last night and put up on my website. I love what Jamn Glass's silk ribbons do to my glass pieces. I think one is sold already but none-the-less, I sure receive a lot of compliments on them.
Your rings are way nicer than mine!

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing. ---- Albert Einstein

Old 2008-03-02, 1:10pm

Pipyr, those are way cool!
Kay, love the ring and the little butterfly. It looks great on the silk ribbon.

Here are a few recent sets, just discs and cubes.

Coral Blush

Caramel Luster

Kryptonite

Old 2008-03-02, 3:38pm

Sonya I like the cubes

R-118
Old 2008-03-02, 4:30pm

I love that coral blush. Can I ask what brand/line it's from?
My Etsy

SRA
#H135
Old 2008-03-02, 4:42pm
Playing with Fire!

Here's my offering, for the start of March - this is the start of a new mixed media series called Armed Beauty. It is a pendant 2" long by 1" wide.

-Ed-

Playing with Fire!
Old 2008-03-02, 4:53pm
Boro Brat

OMG Ed...that is stunning!!!! I can't wait to see it in person! Get better soon so I can come visit, k?? I miss you guys!! *hugs!*

Old 2008-03-02, 5:04pm
No Problem!

Beautiful work everyone...Renee those luster effects with the caramel are great.
Pipyr those are too cool..have you ever seen any of Bandhu Scott Dunhams mixed media pieces? There is one in a book of his called "Arcturian Wormbane" that I think you would really like.
Love that color Leslie, I ordered more a couple of days ago and can't wait for it to get here.
Nice rings indeed Kay..
Sonya...Caramel Luster? Really? That's an awesome purple.
Totally wicked pendant Ed.
I have a bunch of new stuff, be back later with pics..

(Beau & Shani)

Old 2008-03-02, 5:49pm
stacijane on Etsy

Everything is spectacular!

Pipyr - absolutely fantastic!
LAG, both of the pendants are awesome - but I LOVE the circular one!
Sonya - great colors in the first sets, and the cubes are very cool!
Ed - that is AMAZING!!

Old 2008-03-02, 6:33pm
No Problem!

K so heres just one favorite from a VERY busy week..must have gotten in over 40 hours of torch time phew! I'd show them all but...well I still have alot of pics to get ready ha.
Here's some new dichro action I'm playing with in my blown beads.

(Beau & Shani)

Old 2008-03-03, 5:50am
Mandrel Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed_Slawson View Post
Here's my offering, for the start of March - this is the start of a new mixed media series called Armed Beauty. It is a pendant 2" long by 1" wide.

-Ed-
Absolutely awesome Ed. Please post more here.

Bonny

Nothing right now

What happens in Rockland, stays in Rockland.....
Hellcat, Two M-15s, propane and finally no tanked oxy.
Old 2008-03-03, 7:16am

Quote:
Originally Posted by teachertracey View Post
I love that coral blush. Can I ask what brand/line it's from?

It's Glass Alchemy. It was from their Glasstique line, but I think they've added it to the regular line-up. I LOVE it! It's also great not encased, a rich terra cotta red color.

And yeah, Beau, it really is caramel luster! When the phase of the moon is just right, and I get my torch adjusted perfectly, caramel luster will do this. I try it just about every time I torch, lol. Too much oxy and it stays a bit translucent, too much propane and it's a bit greenish and muddy. But just right and it's a delicious opaque purple.

Last edited by SonyaHusko; 2008-03-03 at 7:18am.
Old 2008-03-03, 9:01am

Thanks so much, friends, for your compliments. Sonja, lovely, lovely blue.
And Tracy, I think that color is very similiar to Momka's Caribean Coral and also Pink Grapefruit...

I cheat on my ring technique. It is with a mandrel. No tuit needed, just start wrapping color around and decorate and encase and have lots of patience if you are on a minor burner!! The back side cools real fast when working the front of the glass..... The mandrel is hollow and available at Frantz....

Old 2008-03-03, 11:06am
I'm too sexy for my shirt

Everyone's work is so Beautiful!!!

I don't post pictures often, but this is something that has been floating in my head for awhile and finally came out yesterday.

Same pendant, just different backgrounds

#K58