Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2010-02-15, 12:49pm
Mr. Cellophane

Yehawwww. Wow we had a super crazy good time. Ofilia was amazing and the students loved learning the fishies.
Steve is amazing and we sat in awe watching him work.
Andrea...what can I say. You are amazing. I had such a good time getting to know you better and the students love every minute of class.
I am super tired but very happy with the great memories we created this year.
Already getting ready for next year!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Libby

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2010-02-15, 3:54pm

Smile

To Libby and all the students who were such good sports to sign up for my workshops.... You guys were so wonderful to me! You made me feel at home and I totally enjoyed every minute of my experience at the Midwest Glass Experience !

It was great to finally get to meet Steve and get to chat on the plane ride over. Too fun to hook up with Andrea again. And to put "faces" to the many personalities I had come to know via LE. What a priceless experience!

Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!!! I had a very awesome time. You have given me great courage to persue my path and share the knowledge and keep pushing that glass envelope.

Last edited by Ofilia; 2010-02-15 at 3:56pm.
Old 2010-02-15, 4:54pm
Pronounced "Mare"

My pics of the event are here.

Thanks to Ofilia, Andrea, Libby, Lisa, Sarah, Kate, Steve and all the others who made it such a great event. I think I learned more this year than I did last year. I could have done without the snowy drive home on Sunday evening, though.

Old 2010-02-15, 5:09pm
Mr. Cellophane

Mar can I just say that you are the best with recording our "glassy fun". I am so glad that we have someone like you to help us remember all the fun we had.
Thanks so much for doing this.

Libby

Old 2010-02-15, 6:50pm
Pronounced "Mare"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libby L. View Post
Mar can I just say that you are the best with recording our "glassy fun". I am so glad that we have someone like you to help us remember all the fun we had.
Thanks so much for doing this.
You are welcome. I enjoy taking pictures.

Old 2010-02-15, 8:09pm

Libby thank you so much for having me there! It was AWESOME!!!!! You are AWESOME!!!!! The facility is AWESOME!!!!! The students are AWESOME!!!!! T is AWESOME!!!

It was so much fun getting to see Libby, Ofilia, Cindy, Kate, Lisa, Steve and meeting so many wonderful people.

Libby I had so much fun with you!

What a great job you all did....... I highly recommend this venue! Amazing just amazing........

Andrea

Old 2010-02-15, 9:07pm
Angel's Mom

It was a wonderful weekend, and it went by so fast. I thoroughly enjoyed meeting the students and the teachers, and I really expanded my skills! Ofilia was a natural teacher, and I hope she does more of it. Miss Kate and the other crazy locals kept me smiling and made me feel at home.

Thanks Libby, and thank all your staff for us--they bent over backwards to make sure we had everything we needed, and the kiln pizza was so, so, sooo good! I'll be back next year, count on it!
Old 2010-02-15, 9:47pm
Pyromaniac

Like Marilyn, I think I learned more this year, but both years were both fantastic!
There were so many opportunities to learn new things. Every class I took taught me something new.

Steve Sizelove was amazing -- so precise and beautiful boro work! It was a privilege to see him work.

Libby's class on murrini helped me figure out how to make a ginkgo leaf murrini, something I have been wanting to do for a long time. She even encouraged me to do it in boro! (I am soft glass challenged) I love the "don't freak out" mantra she has.

Lisa's class on metal smithing was so fun. I think I can actually solder now after mounting a cabochon on sterling silver.

The coldworking class was great too. I have newfound respect for all those bevels and windows I've seen in the past; it takes a lot of time to do it right. Sarah was willing to stay with me during lunch to finish grinding and polishing the edges of a large tile I brought with me.

And last but not least, Andrea is a fantastic teacher! I love her galaxy beads; they really do look like a sparkling galaxy. Always wanted to learn to fume and now I can thanks to her.

And those are just the classes I took.

One of the best things in this event is the stuff that gets shared outside of the classes during open torch. Just sitting next to someone can inspire you to try something new.

Late Sunday evening, I chatted with Chris in the hot shop while he worked on a commission piece and got recruited to help a little. So fun!

I am always amazed with all the soft glass workers; oooo scary, seriously, like Chris said "That Moretti is a bitch!" You all have my upmost respect.

Too tired to post pics but I've got some good ones. I'll post them on facebook soon.

Sexy Barracuda and Mirage

Old 2010-02-15, 10:34pm
Snow Flake Glass Lady

Just chimin' in! LOVED IT LOVED IT LOVED IT. Of course, the hot shop is my fav, but thick block fusing? VERY COOL. And to finally meet my friend Ofilia - what a treat. 3rd Degree is the best. The staff is so helpful and fun! You are all great! Thanks!

Is it May yet?
Peggy

droolin' on my mini cc with canned propane and an oxygenator

Old 2010-02-20, 9:25am
Mr. Cellophane

Here are a couple of pictures. Wow what a great time. I have had so many people tell me that they learned more this time than last!

Oh and I have to say you guys rocked this year! All of the students had a blast and everyone was so great. Kiln pizzas rocked and it wouldn't be MGE with out them.
The teachers this year were unbelievable. So much knowledge and so professional. I love that Third Degree is a professional glass studio with all of the fun goodies right at our hands. It's like a glass candy store! Can you tell I am proud of were I work?

BIG changes for next year:
1. Date change. Probably the first weekend in March.
2 All three days will start and end at the same time. No public event
on Sat. to contend with. The studio will be all ours!
Attached Images

Libby

Old 2010-02-20, 9:31am
Mr. Cellophane

And a couple more. Hey I wonder why Andrea is sticking her tongue out at me...hummm could it be cause I such a model student, sitting in my seat listening to every word, never causing disruptions? Yea that's it...
Attached Images

Libby

Old 2010-02-20, 9:51am
Pyromaniac

Here's my photo album on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...9&id=727808930

Feel free to tag people.

Sexy Barracuda and Mirage