Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2013-06-30, 8:40am
Lava Maker

Yeah i got all the classes I wanted.

Wowie zowie
Thanks Deb

Ann DeHoff
Old 2013-07-02, 7:51pm

Can't wait.

I always sign up for classes WAY out of my comfort zone. Yikes-pretty much all boro classes.... Wandering more and more on to the DARK SIDE. Both east and west this year!!!!

Looking forward to the "what's in the brown bag" or "chopped for glass". I'm sure Deb has a great name for this crazy fun game....I just can't remember what it is
No mercy this year Jeanne. Ha

Wayyyyy to much fun

Lisa
Old 2013-07-02, 7:55pm
Lava Maker

I know what you mean 4 of the six classes will be new experiences.

Is it October yet?

Ann DeHoff
Old 2013-07-05, 7:38am
Wooohooo,GS!

That is great you two...always good to step outside your box...you might just like it! I don't know which I like to melt more...soft or hard! I try to do both weekly and save the shells for the end of the week as I am still having such a blast with them!

Ann, yes, it does pay to sign up as early as possible, that is how you get the best choices on classes!

Lisa, lol, it is the "Elimination Rounds", so much fun! The Cornerstone guys jumped in last year at West and won the top 2 prizes...they sure had fun and we loved watching them all!

Don't forget the Hat contest and the Pajama Jam too, sooo much fun!

Jeanne, as winner of the elimination last year you'll have to bring your A game....no mercy at the top, rofl! I still have Hugh's mouse....so adorable!

Hugs! deb

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2013-07-13, 9:55pm
kinda torching....

id love to be able to do this, wish there was some free meet ups around
Old 2013-07-17, 7:59am
Wooohooo,GS!

jhamilton, Glass Stock East is such a blast! Maybe for free meet ups you should contact Lisa St Martin (above post) she is very involved on east coast and maybe could help in your area.
deb

Old 2013-08-09, 10:59am

Talking Playtime...anyone!

Yep... Deb is right. There are always things going on in our region

If you want to find out what's happening... You certainly can contact me or another good source is the mid Atlantic regional director for the ISGB. Kris can be reached at. ..... Midatlantic@isgb.org. She lives in Pa. There are several groups in eastern Pa and a great one in Pittsburgh

But really... Glass Stock East at Carlisle School of Glass is an amazing time. So much fun- easy going and such a great way to try out a bunch of different things. I love it cause it gives me a chance to take some classes - teach a few.....but the best part for me is to meet new folks, hang with friends and PLAY.

I never give myself enough torch playtime

Come on everybody......come to Glass Stock East....for some "good for your creative soul" PLAY!

See ya there

Lisa
Old 2013-08-17, 7:28am
Wooohooo,GS!

Default Jeanne!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybee766 View Post
Got my classes! Woohoo. I'm boldly going where I haven't gone before....class-wise that is Can't wait to see the gang and meet new friends!
Jeanne, you are just a gem! I am sorry I missed this post! I am so proud of you for trying something out of your comfort zone...that is the best part of GS East!
And Ann, you are such a sweetie, you ladies are why I do this every year!
BIG hugs, see you in 6 weeks!
deb

Old 2013-08-21, 10:52am
just another glass addict

Woohoo! I booked my flight and my bags are half packed. I can't wait to play on the east coast! I also get to squeeze in a visit with my sister in Annapolis, Maryland for an added bonus. Is there anyone who lives down that way and wants gas money for a ride down afterwards? Even part way would be great.
It's going to be so fun to be on the east coast again! Pizza is super high on the needs list, but I have to find some that's dairy free (ridiculous, I know)

"Confidence, like art, never comes from having all the answers; it comes from being open to all the questions."
-Earl Gray Stevens-

Old 2013-08-21, 11:20am

Ah! It's tough at the top (I can't believe I even said that LOL) I'm ready to turn over the crown....er...was there a crown?

Polly - I'm probably staying around until Monday morning but I live in Silver Spring and could turn left on the way down and drop you in Annapolis. Does that work?

PEACE ON EARTH
Old 2013-08-21, 11:17pm
just another glass addict

Thanks Jeanne! I'm sure I can make that work.
It's going to be a great trip!!

"Confidence, like art, never comes from having all the answers; it comes from being open to all the questions."
-Earl Gray Stevens-

Old 2013-09-06, 6:23pm
Wooohooo,GS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaSt.Martin View Post
But really... Glass Stock East at Carlisle School of Glass is an amazing time. So much fun- easy going and such a great way to try out a bunch of different things. I love it cause it gives me a chance to take some classes - teach a few.....but the best part for me is to meet new folks, hang with friends and PLAY.

I never give myself enough torch playtime

Come on everybody......come to Glass Stock East....for some "good for your creative soul" PLAY!

See ya there

Lisa
You got that right Lisa, never enough playtime sweetie!

Jeanne, whoops...a crown, of course there should be a crown, or a trophy...something. Going to have to work on that!

Polly, yep, pizza, Capn Kids for clams, shrimp, fish by the bucket and wine too! I love that place!

I haven't even unpacked from West yet but figure I'll just repack as I go for East, lol! I love the east coast this time of year too, can't wait!
Hugs, deb

Old 2013-09-06, 6:29pm
Wooohooo,GS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaSt.Martin View Post
Can't wait.

I always sign up for classes WAY out of my comfort zone. Yikes-pretty much all boro classes.... Wandering more and more on to the DARK SIDE. Both east and west this year!!!!

Looking forward to the "what's in the brown bag" or "chopped for glass". I'm sure Deb has a great name for this crazy fun game....I just can't remember what it is
No mercy this year Jeanne. Ha

Wayyyyy to much fun

Lisa
Whoops, missed this one Lisa, sorry! The game is called "Elimination", it really is a blast! You get a bag of unknown glass, a catagory and 20 minutes, then 1 minute to tell what it is or a story about it. The 3 left at the end win prizes and most of all, our deepest respect! I laugh all the way through this game!

Ok, Lisa's playing...going to need another judge (she and John Kobuki judged at West).....hmmmm....if you don't play you might get "picked"!

See you all soon!
deb

Old 2013-09-11, 9:43am
Wooohooo,GS!

Hi all! Sign up is going great, still a chance to get in before it is too late!
We have another package of Lori Riley's dichroic to try out there, plus a GREAT group of instructors and classes!

We will also have a scheduled tour of the fantastic Carlisle factory where all the torches are born, meet the family behind these AWESOME torches!

Also, great deals on Carlisle torches and Paragon kilns again there too!
See you all in 3 weeks!
Hugs, deb

Old 2013-09-14, 7:30am
Wooohooo,GS!

I am madly packing up glass and supplies for East, this is going to be a great event, we have a super line up of instructors! Got the sandblasting cabinet, last order of supplies coming in and then the USPS glass exodus, thank goodness for Flat Rate boxes, Lol!
Going to get a bigger torch since I'll be where they're born, going to help my son step up to a CC+ so I can start playing with my CC again, woohooo!

See you all in a couple weeks!
deb

Old 2013-09-15, 8:47am
Wooohooo,GS!

In getting ready for the next Glass Stock I checked my horoscope for the week. It is from Risa's Esoteric Horoscopes.....I just had to share this!

"VIRGO (Aug. 23-Sept. 22): People think you’re quite intelligent, cheerful, a good conversationalist. It’s important to communicate with others, seeking what interests and is of value to them. This way you discover like-minded others you can trust and communicate with. Diplomacy is also most important. You may be called to use all your mediating skills to sort out conflicts and help bring forth harmony. You’re of benefit to many."

Wow, so cool, it has been wonderful getting the sincere cards, posts and emails from all who attended a Glass Stock this year, and this horoscope really speaks loudly to that!
Thank you everyone for the wonderful appreciation of what it takes to make these events happen every year!
Much love, deb

Old 2013-09-15, 3:45pm

Default woot woot

I'm getting excited

PEACE ON EARTH
Old 2013-09-16, 2:24pm
Wooohooo,GS!

Me too Jeanne, ready to defend your title? I gotta find some kind of special hat or trophy!
hugs! deb

Old 2013-09-16, 2:44pm
Lava Maker

Yeah, just a few more weeks.

Ann DeHoff
Old 2013-09-17, 7:28am
Wooohooo,GS!

Yay, Ann, getting excited packing all this wonderful glass to melt! I have a few more orders of glass to come in then the glass exodus east...thank goodness for Flat Rate boxes!

Not only do I get a whole week with all of you, I get to see my Aunt and Uncle, then see my daughter (who is pregnant, woohoo!), SIL and his parents will be here from France! This is going to be a super great 3 week vacation!

Doin' the happy dance!
deb

Old 2013-09-17, 11:09am
Oh my!

If anyone is 'sitting on the fence' about going, get off the fence and sign up!! Do it NOW. I went last year and had an amazing time. This year Deb is even letting me teach a class!! Trust me, you will not regret attending.
Old 2013-09-18, 8:39am
Wooohooo,GS!

AW. Mary, you are just a GEM! I am excited you will be teaching this year, and so proud of you! See you soon sweetie!
Hugs, deb

Old 2013-09-18, 2:51pm
Queen Bee

I met Deb at Glass Expo this year in Vegas - had 2 days of torching with Deb, among others. What a hoot! Now GSE is going to be 4 days for such a lower price! Deb is the best teacher I've ever had, and I've had some with classes some of the "greats". Classes at Bead & Button were $350 each for one day. No comparison!!

$600 for 4 torching classes and 2 in depth demos. Where can you get that price for classes??? And more fun than you've ever had If you are in the East, come to GSE - you won't regret it!! I can't wait to meet everyone

Donna

Vintage & Contemporary Beads, Findings, Chains, Trinity Brass, Vintaj, Bead Tubing, Bobbins

Handmade Artist Lampwork Jewelry
Old 2013-09-18, 4:57pm
Oh my!

Donna, you are so correct about the cost. I live on the west coast and it is less expensive for me to attend GSE!
Old 2013-09-19, 5:22pm
Wooohooo,GS!

Aw, Donna, you are so sweet! Thank you! I do care that everyone gets a great value but also a GREAT time, which really is the most important thing!

I can't wait for everyone there to meet you Donna, I instantly loved you and they will too!
Tick...tick...tick....less than 2 weeks to go, woohoo! Packed up over 100 lbs of supplies last 2 days, they will all go out Monday when my giant glass order gets here!
Hugs! deb

Old 2013-09-19, 5:37pm

OOOOOOHHHHH, I wish I could come to this...I am only two hours away. How can I make this work....thinking, thinking. This has been sounding like a lot of fun.

~
~
~
~
Old 2013-09-19, 7:12pm

It is FUN! And so laid back and welcoming to all. Feels like family when it's all said and done. Hard to believe until you experience it. Scouts honor lol

PEACE ON EARTH
Old 2013-09-19, 9:59pm
Oh my!

Julie, you gotta come and play!
Old 2013-09-20, 3:16am
Queen Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybee766 View Post
It is FUN! And so laid back and welcoming to all. Feels like family when it's all said and done. Hard to believe until you experience it. Scouts honor lol
This is so true! After my classes with Deb, I felt like I had a new sister. Everyone in the class ended up with such a close connection. I can't explain it, but it's different than other classes. You not only get to torch and meet other glass workers, you have so much fun! It doesn't matter what level you are, all are truly welcomed with open arms. And no one is stressed out or overwhelmed. I know Deb goes around the room and spends a great deal of time with each student one on one. There is a whole different vibe, so laid back and enjoyable, with a lot of smiles and laughs. And you feel so inspired during and after the classes.

Julie you must come - and anyone who's thinking about it take the jump. You will not regret it!

Donna

Vintage & Contemporary Beads, Findings, Chains, Trinity Brass, Vintaj, Bead Tubing, Bobbins

Handmade Artist Lampwork Jewelry
Old 2013-09-20, 8:07am
Wooohooo,GS!

Julie, I have found in the last few years that timing is everything! Sometimes just finding something at the right time is really priceless! Maybe that is why you stumbled on this thread....2 hours away sounds like you were meant to come and recharge your muse!

Carlisle takes credit cards so you could pay with that and catch it up later too! We really are just a big family that grows every year, we would love to add you to the group! There are still some great classes and plus you get open torch every night, we even supply all the glass and there are no extra charges! You get 6 classes and loads of evening fun for 4 wonderful days for $150 a day!

Hope to see you there!
deb