No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2007-06-28, 7:29pm
Word to your mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbinkster View Post
I think Marcie explained in a previous post that she used the club funds to buy lots of glass (Blutonium and something else) and that she has a huge supply of a couple of colors.

But this begs the question - why would you use club funds to buy more color than the club ordered?
Maybe because it's not really a club...but a business. There was never any accountability to "members", and there didn't need to be. It is business.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2007-06-28, 7:30pm
Smile, it's contagious!

I really don't understand why a refund isn't given right away for those that paid in advance and want to drop out.

From the original thead on the COTM:

Quote:
Originally Posted by otldzign
I have another quick question...that I haven't seen answered...and it really might not be an issue but I just wanted to put it out here anyway....

What if, FOR SOME REASON, a member decides that they no longer want to be a member? Can they opt out at any time? Without question/consequence?

Thanks!

Angie

Quote:
Originally Posted by firelady
Well, I certainly am hoping that people don't ever want to cancel, so I haven't really thought about it before....But I would never impose a financial penalty on somebody for dropping out. That would be mean, don't you think!? So I expect that it would be okay, as long as they were paid in full for glass they had already received & there wasn't glass in transit somewhere with their name on it.

Some people are like a Slinky... not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs.
Old 2007-06-28, 7:34pm
Word to your mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelly View Post
I really don't understand why a refund isn't given right away for those that paid in advance and want to drop out.

From the original thead on the COTM:

Yup, I had remembered seeing that many months ago and wondered why now the refund is being delayed. It's just one person, right? Shouldn't be a very big deal.

Old 2007-06-28, 8:18pm
Smile, it's contagious!

someone asked me to pass this

I can't eat much anyway, it gets stuck in my teeth.

Some people are like a Slinky... not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs.
Old 2007-06-28, 8:26pm
Life is change. Love it

Ok, this is a little OT, but I purchased this odd lot green/grey from Grace Lauscha Lady, and I just love it. If COTM had sent out this colour, I would still be in it, instead of dropping out after the first two colours.

BTW, I don't work for Grace, or sell glass. Just felt I had to add that. And Reenie, you have done a wonderful job of trying to mediate, and I'm sorry you have been treated this way.

Old 2007-06-28, 8:40pm

Paula,
If you get a nice strong guy to help you when you get your site up can you ask if they have any brothers?????
I agree on the color codes stuff. I just wrote down the codes that were on my invoice so as to not confuse anyone. I felt sorry for Rene because as I was picking colors he told me just to give him the name and that poor man researched the internet to find the color names I gave him and then compared it to what he had.
I had my shipment by boat to California WITH delays along the way still come in ...in under a month.
One day, I would love to fly to Germany just to watch them make the glass and meet Ulla and Carolanne and Rene. That seems a long way from now though
Irene

Old 2007-06-28, 8:52pm

Well maybe we can go together! I have my passport but between my house, work, and the studio no time. Ugh. I agree the crew over there is more than capable and they knock themselves out to help!
Paula

Still North America's Largest Lauscha Dealer!
Now reopened in South Florida!!
Like US on Facebook !
Old 2007-06-28, 9:52pm

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by firelady View Post
Hi Kendra,
I actually do recall you being upset before....I remember you lashing out at me about the club and glass in a fairly systematic way awhile back, and then writing me soon after asking for a free torch, which was kind of cute, really... So you're trying to contain yourself, and I'll do my best as well. That sounds fair.

And hello Lizabeads, we've been playing a type of phone tag all day. I'd like to invite you in to a three-way call with Lauscha so that they can understand some of the dissatisfaction on the part of the members. And then of course they can also give information that may result in a better understanding of the process all the way around.
Phone tag to me sounds like I have tried to call you and didn't get you . I haven't tried to call you. You have called me 5 times today. The first time I didn't know who it was and didn't answer. The second and third time I was busy with beads, the fourth time my husband answered and took a message because I was outside taking pictures of this mandarin, the fifth time I had PM'd you earlier telling you that you were welcome to call me back and discuss it. But when you did call I was in the shower because I had been outside bathing and dipping dogs and as anyone knows you also get dipped... lol So maybe a one sided phone tag.

After reading this and other messages in this thread I don't know what Lauscha could tell me. I don't think it would do any good for me to talk to them or you right now. I am too upset. After reading what Paula and others have said right now I feel ripped off. By who? I guess you and Lauscha. You for the dollar amount and Lauscha for not providing me with a color that NO ONE ELSE has. Right now I have a Tangerine that I paid double the price for and a damn fuschia that is on another website at almost half the price I paid. PLUS I could have gotten a FREE 1/2 pound if I had spent my $85.00 with her. As I told you that is a hell of alot of money in this household. One income normally and at one time for a month or so NO INCOME. But I held up my end of the bargain. But shit, I could have bought a hell of alot of glass for $85.00. At the very least, maybe you should contact Lauscha if it is their fault and see if they will replace the pink and the mandarin for something we don't have. That is all I have to say about it at this moment. Please right now don't call me. Let me stew and get over this on my own. I know how I am, you call and I'll end up feeling sorry for you and give in or feel bad because I am pissed and I don't think that is fair right now.

Old 2007-06-28, 9:54pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbinkster View Post
But this begs the question - why would you use club funds to buy more color than the club ordered?
So that no one else could buy it??

Paula

Like US on Facebook !
Old 2007-06-28, 10:01pm

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulaD View Post
Lauscha does not charge more for the COM colors. And if Marcie doesn't buy the entire run it can be bought by anyone other dealer a few months later. Lauscha will produce a certain color if a dealer agress to buy the entire run. I know because I asked.
Once Lauscha has an order packed up and paid for it doesn't take months and months to get here. It takes a week or so to get trucked to the port in Germany and then a week on the boat. Mine took 10 days. And another two days to truck it to CT. It will take longer if they don't have the money up front.
Paula
????? Please tell me you are joking ! Because NO ONES glass is worth 20.00 a pound more in that case ! Don't anyone DARE try telling me it is because it is a CLUB, or that it is EXCLUSIVE. Because It'S NOT !!
And I don't think a damn one has been a surprise so that boat don't float !!

Old 2007-06-28, 10:08pm

Hey Liza I 'm not telling you anything while you are ticked!

Paula

Like US on Facebook !
Old 2007-06-28, 10:12pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulaD View Post
Hey Liza I 'm not telling you anything while you are ticked!

Paula
might be a good thing... I haven't done this much work in one day in a year!! Now my back is killing me. but I was so mad I had take out my aggression on something. DH was just glad it wasn't him. He's off for two weeks and didn't want me to hurt him... lol !! But the dogs got a great massage during their bath so they enjoyed it...lol

Old 2007-06-28, 10:31pm

Well. Here's a trivia question then....
Supernova. 6-8mm rods.
Firelady's site it's $35.00 a pound plus shipping.
Lauscha lady's site it's $26.00 canadian (which today is equal to $24.47 US) a pound plus shipping.
Grace (Lauschalady) just updated her order form--she's out of bluetonium now--but the price (as I recall from three days ago) was about the same.
No "pre-paying". Info on working the glass right there on the site. Fast response to emails. Um, $10.50 cheaper (US) per pound before shipping, after the "exclusivity period" is over...I don't think I mind paying a little more to "get it here from Canada"--
(of course, the special pink offer right now pretty much means she's giving in free pink glass about what it cost for shipping--so in my mind, that's a darn good deal too, especially since I'm a pink *freak*)

new purple cricket @ home! minicc @ playing with fire in rockland! Sue & Nikki fighting over who gets to anneal the wonkies

Last edited by lunamoonshadow; 2007-06-29 at 7:07pm. Reason: my math *obviously sux* lately!
Old 2007-06-28, 10:41pm
Storm Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelly View Post
can anyone say *train wreck*

I can't help but keep watching.

sheesh.
You're reading my mind!

Old 2007-06-28, 10:46pm
Storm Queen

Quote:

For those of you who feel that it's too expensive and feel the colors are too close to standard.....you can withdraw or you can transfer your membership to "the 24 Club" which was begun recently, very quietly. This is $24 a month for 2 half pounds of standard colors. They'll still be a surprise....you won't know what colors you'll be getting, so it fills the bill regarding that "Christmas morning" feeling....but you'll get 24 colors a year, not 12, and save $11 a month off your pound of glass. Not to mention there's no testing, therefore no delays, eliminating many problems.
How are you saving $11 a month when you're still overpaying for glass you can get cheaper from Glassdaddy? How the heck are you saving money?

Old 2007-06-28, 11:38pm
giggety-giggety

(pushing cards forward...) "I'm out."

My etsy:

Old 2007-06-29, 5:24am
Word to your mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizabeads View Post
After reading this and other messages in this thread I don't know what Lauscha could tell me. I don't think it would do any good for me to talk to them or you right now. I am too upset. After reading what Paula and others have said right now I feel ripped off. By who? I guess you and Lauscha. You for the dollar amount and Lauscha for not providing me with a color that NO ONE ELSE has.

Liza, unless your glass was shipped directly from the factory don't blame them. You have no idea if the glass you got was a COM color or not. You are having to place a lot of faith in someone who is telling you that this is a "special COM color" with absolutely no verification from the factory. Maybe it IS a COM color, maybe it's NOT. So yes, Lauscha COULD tell you if this was the color they shipped as a COM exclusive color. I'd ask.

Old 2007-06-29, 5:52am
Word to your mother

For the lady awaiting a refund, I hope this helps. Another forum member found this site that talks about the Federal Trade Commissions rules regarding mail orders. I suppose this is the "rule" that would apply in this situation, but don't hold me to it.

http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/pubs/...mailorder.shtm

If you skip to section 435.2 it talks about "Prompt refunds" being made within 7 days.

These guidelines also talk about the proper process for notifying buyers of a delay in shipment. Dry, but interesting.

Old 2007-06-29, 7:07am

That is B.S. that you can't get out of the "club." Just email Paypal and tell them you are being held hostage and to stop the payments!!

Paula

Like US on Facebook !
Old 2007-06-29, 7:33am
tinkmartin.etsy.com

Is this set up as a PayPal subscription?

Also Available in
: my Electroforming for Everyone booklet.

Old 2007-06-29, 7:39am

Train wrecks aren't as much fun as fires, really. I like watching fires.
Bonfires are my favorite. With s'mores.

And really I prefer to handle personal issues as PM's and emails....but now I feel like a response is required. Of course, if I respond, there's more fuel for the fire. If I don't respond, distortion continues unabated. Anyone with a bonafide gripe is once again invited to email me at firelady@gate.net. I like solving customer service problems as best I can. I do try!

First, not all the glass is out yet. We're about 2/3 shipped.

Next, Kendra, I was not referring to any torch repair issue or anything of the kind, which had long been forgotten. I was referring to an email I got this past Fall with the request that since there were ISGB people who had been given free torches for use by their chapter could you please have one? Unless there is more than one Kendra, in which case I stand corrected....So that's what I was referring to....And the allotted torches were already gone, but I did remember your name and wondered if you knew that the person you were asking for a free torch from was the same person you were publicly attacking, and that's the part I thought was cute.

Regarding new colors, it was indeed René's idea to make new, "exclusive" colors for the club. He said it was difficult to get his people motivated to make new colors, and so this would give an ongoing impetus to new color manufacture, which he felt would be good for the company.

And I've heard before that "someone else" thought of the club. Which just cracks me up....Because I was standing in a tee shirt in my kitchen, looking at a post card of furnace worked beads, with an invitation to something-or-other on the back, and as I stood there looking at the image, the whole concept just downloaded into my consciousness.

It was a variation of an idea I had had years before....I was waiting till I had produced 12 videos, because I wanted to have a "Video of the Month" club. I had voiced that to Northstar and a number of close confidantes. But I never had the time to do it..So it was an old idea with a new spin.

Now if someone was a fly on my wall in my kitchen, listening to my thoughts, hello, make yourself known, and would you like a cup of tea?

This is glass. It's color. I love both! This is supposed to be fun. It's a club. It's not taxes or any other kind of required purgatory.

Participate if you like it. Contact me personally with service related problems. And if it's making you miserable, there are other places to get Lauscha from. Don't torture yourselves! Try to remember the spirit in which this club operates. If your experience is too counter to your expectations than make your own decision about it.
Old 2007-06-29, 7:57am
tinkmartin.etsy.com

Quote:
Participate if you like it. Contact me personally with service related problems. And if it's making you miserable, there are other places to get Lauscha from. Don't torture yourselves! Try to remember the spirit in which this club operates. If your experience is too counter to your expectations than make your own decision about it.
This sounds really reasonable to me. You're either ok with it and want to hang in there, or you want out.

If you want out, and if it's a PayPal subscription (I have no idea if it is or not) just do this:
  1. Log In to your PayPal account.
  2. Click the History tab.
  3. Click the Details of the subscription in question.
  4. Click Cancel Subscription.
If you were an annual pre-pay, then working it out privately with Marcie seems like the thing to do. It just seems (to me) like this thread has taken a really ugly turn but then again I'm really sensitive to this kind of thing.

Also Available in
: my Electroforming for Everyone booklet.

Old 2007-06-29, 8:17am

Default Subscriptions

The club has a variety of payment options. By far the most popular method is that members are manually invoiced via Paypal. It takes 3-6 weeks for the majority of the membership to pay. Although I'm still receiving payments for #5, about 8 weeks into the mix.

There are about a dozen members who pay via credit card. That works. One or two who pay by check, which is a bit of a pain because they are so often made out to something like "Lauscha Glass Club" or some other incorrect thing that the bank won't accept....

Paypal offers a "Paypal Subscribe" feature....an auto-pay feature that I put on my website this past Fall, thinking it might be a panacea for all of us....A no fuss, no muss, type of thing. Before I did I had a long talk with Lauscha emphasizing that if I offered this, then they MUST be able to commit to a regular schedule of shipping, or it would be a problem. They did commit. I began offering this feature. The production schedule didn't quicken, resulting in out of synch payments.

I removed this option several months ago when I saw that, try as they might, Lauscha was not going to get that much faster....

On a case by case basis there were options offered to those on this plan. They could cancel their subscription and be manually invoiced instead. They could pay for 12 colors, then cancel, and wait till the shipments caught up. Or cancel wherever they were at, and wait till the shipments caught up. They could have a payment refunded. Or they could trade for extra glass.

It's a pain, and I just emailed a member yesterday about this. While we've been handling it case by case, I was considering just contacting them all and suggesting that they shift to manual billing. That's so much cleaner, as it will never get ahead of itself....

There were about a dozen folks at the beginning who pre-paid for a year. That helped us get started, but we don't offer that anymore...again...who wants to sit on people's money? One member with this feature wasn't happy with the club, so she gets both glass and a refund until it evens out.

Paypal with manual group invoicing is by far the best way, and what I encourage new members to do.

Last edited by firelady; 2007-06-29 at 8:21am. Reason: left out the word Paypal in the first sentence.
Old 2007-06-29, 8:30am

Quote:
Originally Posted by nklt0 View Post
Not a lot of people know about my situation since I always tried to resolve issues privately until I feel I've no other option. As for monthly refund, I wasn't given any choice. It was my suggestion, after the first refund, to get glass and money so I can get out of this quicker. However, even with monthly reminder from me, I'm not getting the refund monthly.

$161.95
details of my account is $420 cash amount in the begining and $156.85 outstanding. This is after recieved 4 colours and 3 refunds of 41.05 which costed me $5.10 pp fee.

Nancy
Quote:
Originally Posted by nklt0 View Post
Liza,

I think you may have missed all the discussion about this club.

To give you an indication, I paid for 12 months in May 2006 and asked for refund in Jan 2007. Blutonium (colour #2) arrived in Australia in Jan 2007 after my request for refund. Marcie agreed to give me monthly refund till my account clears after I raised the issue in LE and TAM.

So far I only got 4 lb of glass and 3 refunds of 41.05 minus PP fee.

I'm still waiting to get glass and/or refund.

HTH
Nancy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink View Post
This sounds really reasonable to me. You're either ok with it and want to hang in there, or you want out.

If you want out, and if it's a PayPal subscription (I have no idea if it is or not) just do this:
  1. Log In to your PayPal account.
  2. Click the History tab.
  3. Click the Details of the subscription in question.
  4. Click Cancel Subscription.
If you were an annual pre-pay, then working it out privately with Marcie seems like the thing to do. It just seems (to me) like this thread has taken a really ugly turn but then again I'm really sensitive to this kind of thing.
Tink--that's great information & very useful for those on automatic billing...
I think what *may* have spawned *part* of this is the plight of this lady who *does* have her $ basically being held "hostage" with no true refund in sight--I've pulled the posts out of the mess for you--it seems she *has* tried to work things out with Marcie--but has been given what isn't even a legally acceptable form of refund (at least according to the gov't website linked elsewhere in the thread!) when withdrawing from something "mail-order" & the only excuse/reason we seem to see is that "the club isn't set up to offer a year's refund all at once"
So she's getting some montly refunds (MINUS FULL PAYPAL FEES), and it's looking like "the club" is counting on the fact she's "out of country" to keep her from filing any actual legal proceedings...& to just suck up the issue until her $ comes back. The fact that she paid 5/06, asked for a refund 1/07, got her *2nd* glass 2/07 & as of 6/07 has actually gotten 4 batches of glass & 3 refunds (minus those fees!) means she's still waiting *6* months post request for 5 months worth of HER money, AND she *still* stands to lose 5 repetitive paypal fees--now that's just WRONG!
I think that's what pushed a *lot* of us over the edge & back into reading this thread....we don't like to hear about businesses that go back on their word--it was said in the begining people could drop out "without penalty"--this seems like Nancy's getting a heck of a big penalty! (long wait for the $, lose fees every month...etc.)

new purple cricket @ home! minicc @ playing with fire in rockland! Sue & Nikki fighting over who gets to anneal the wonkies
Old 2007-06-29, 9:08am

Ladies, please....there's two sides to each unsuccessful interaction. I prefer not to air dirty laundry in public and it seems I'm to be continually encouraged to do so. There are hundreds and hundreds of transactions with this club. There is one international prepaid member who was not happy. If she checks her account, she'll see a recent refund payment, as we agreed. She is still receiving glass. She is still invited to participate in special offers. From the beginning, it was not a harmonious relationship....one of those unhappy customers for whom nothing ever satisfies. Local members confided in me that they were trying to appease her in other areas and that dissatisfaction was just the norm here. Okay. I tried a variety of offers. I was accused of not sending, offering, etc., so I would gently say, look in your inbox, you WERE sent thus-n-such an offer, etc.

I don't need hostages. I work individually with customer service issues. Several of the people hurling accusations here are NOT EVEN CLUB MEMBERS! Why the impassioned attacks? The outcome isn't even relevant to your own experience!

Go out and torch! Find something fun to do! It's summer!
Where's the love?
That's why I do what I do!
What on earth motivates anyone to attack other's businesses and reputations with distorted, one sided poisonous spears? It's so unproductive, and truth is a veiled victim.

I think this thread may be better off in the Bathroom.
I must remember to buy a new plunger.....
Old 2007-06-29, 9:09am
I'm a lilac!

Quote:
Next, Kendra, I was not referring to any torch repair issue or anything of the kind, which had long been forgotten. I was referring to an email I got this past Fall with the request that since there were ISGB people who had been given free torches for use by their chapter could you please have one? Unless there is more than one Kendra, in which case I stand corrected....So that's what I was referring to....And the allotted torches were already gone, but I did remember your name and wondered if you knew that the person you were asking for a free torch from was the same person you were publicly attacking, and that's the part I thought was cute.

So someone named Kendra (I am guessing Kendra Bruno, who is now our NW Regional ISGB director) contacted you in your capacity as a business rep for Bethlehem, and, in her capacity as a representative of her ISGB chapter, asked whether you had a torch available, per an offer extended by Bethlehem to other chapters, for her chapter to use?

Even had it been the Kendra here, you would still be very out of line in your posting. If I were EITHER Kendra I would be very upset by this breach of privacy and good taste.

I have customers with whom I have done public battle on forums. I would NEVER use our business transactions as fodder, nor would I EVER allow our public conflict to affect my professional treatment of them as customers. That is simply out of line. Way out of line.

Old 2007-06-29, 9:23am

Quote:
Originally Posted by firelady
Ladies, please....there's two sides to each unsuccessful interaction. I prefer not to air dirty laundry in public and it seems I'm to be continually encouraged to do so. <snip>
So then, you attacked someone, named Kendra, not even sure *which* Kendra really, because you didn't provide a *last name*, & now it looks like you may have been inadvertently *mixing up* another Kendra (the ISGB Kendra) with Beadstillmyheart Kendra (who had a different torch issue) *neither of which had ANYTHING TO DO WITH THIS THREAD* why exactly??
I mean, I didn't see *either* of them dredging up anything to do with "past business" over torches, or old orders from you in ANY posts--or "encouraging you" to do so in any manner.

Old 2007-06-29, 9:36am
moth to the flame

Quote:
Ladies, please....there's two sides to each unsuccessful interaction. I prefer not to air dirty laundry in public and it seems I'm to be continually encouraged to do so. There are hundreds and hundreds of transactions with this club. There is one international prepaid member who was not happy. If she checks her account, she'll see a recent refund payment, as we agreed. She is still receiving glass. She is still invited to participate in special offers. From the beginning, it was not a harmonious relationship....one of those unhappy customers for whom nothing ever satisfies. Local members confided in me that they were trying to appease her in other areas and that dissatisfaction was just the norm here. Okay. I tried a variety of offers. I was accused of not sending, offering, etc., so I would gently say, look in your inbox, you WERE sent thus-n-such an offer, etc.

Marcie, while I understand you feel attacked its the above responses that incite people. There was NO need to go into all that but you chose to. IF this does go to the bathroon its because YOU want it to - there are unhappy people with VALID questions.

Now, I have gone back to the original or what I believe to be the original thread and there are some questions here that are answered there and validate what you have said.
For one - the answer to Luna's question is that 35.00 was the agreed amount for the exclusive club colors and at some point other vendors could and possibly would be selling the glass for less.

I don't need hostages. I work individually with customer service issues. Several of the people hurling accusations here are NOT EVEN CLUB MEMBERS! Why the impassioned attacks? The outcome isn't even relevant to your own experience!

Understood but then WHY did it take this long for you to refund her the momies she was owed? You were under pressure to do so and it shows.

Go out and torch! Find something fun to do! It's summer!
Where's the love?
That's why I do what I do!
What on earth motivates anyone to attack other's businesses and reputations with distorted, one sided poisonous spears? It's so unproductive, and truth is a veiled victim.

I am on my way to do exactly but may I suggest that you create your reputation one customer at a time - over time. NO one has to be a victim unless they choose to.

I think this thread may be better off in the Bathroom.
I must remember to buy a new plunger.....
I think its fine here. Leave the question and answers. The thread will turn again if things are handled correctly.

No one is going to be happy all the time and the Mandarin color proves that.
I found where you gave Lauscha color suggestions people wanted and none but one could I match that they tried to create and that is Carmello or Nuclear Brownie.

Also here is a quote from 1 of your posts posts thought which stated "an orange" :

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireLady
So far on your wish lists I have fuschia, apricot, an orange, and the usual pinks and purples. Please let me know intensities, opaques versus transparents, etc. Also, if you have a piece of a color in the wish list that is made by someone else, or that you have layered and mixed yourself and wish was available in a single rod, send me a small sample, and I'll send it to the factory. THAT IS NOT A PROMISE to reproduce those colors, but I will make our desires known!
PG 10 post #299 from here:
http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=12309

I am going back and reading the whole thread as I can and I suggest others might want to as well to refresh your memory on what promises were and were not made.

May you always have love to share, health to spare, and friends that care.
Old 2007-06-29, 9:39am
Word to your mother

Quote:
Train wrecks aren't as much fun as fires, really. I like watching fires.
Bonfires are my favorite. With s'mores.

And really I prefer to handle personal issues as PM's and emails....but now I feel like a response is required. Of course, if I respond, there's more fuel for the fire. If I don't respond, distortion continues unabated. Anyone with a bonafide gripe is once again invited to email me at firelady@gate.net. I like solving customer service problems as best I can. I do try!

First, not all the glass is out yet. We're about 2/3 shipped.

Regarding new colors, it was indeed René's idea to make new, "exclusive" colors for the club. He said it was difficult to get his people motivated to make new colors, and so this would give an ongoing impetus to new color manufacture, which he felt would be good for the company.

And I've heard before that "someone else" thought of the club. Which just cracks me up....Because I was standing in a tee shirt in my kitchen, looking at a post card of furnace worked beads, with an invitation to something-or-other on the back, and as I stood there looking at the image, the whole concept just downloaded into my consciousness.

It was a variation of an idea I had had years before....I was waiting till I had produced 12 videos, because I wanted to have a "Video of the Month" club. I had voiced that to Northstar and a number of close confidantes. But I never had the time to do it..So it was an old idea with a new spin.

Now if someone was a fly on my wall in my kitchen, listening to my thoughts, hello, make yourself known, and would you like a cup of tea?

This is glass. It's color. I love both! This is supposed to be fun. It's a club. It's not taxes or any other kind of required purgatory.

Yes, there is another Kendra. Her name is Kendra Bruno. She is the NW Regional Director for the ISGB (last I checked).

Dang, you really better check who you're dealing with and stop making assumptions that you KNOW people that you really don't. I hope more than anything that you treated her kindly, she's a great gal from what I have heard. If you were even the LEAST BIT nasty with her because you thought she was me, then shame on you.

Old 2007-06-29, 9:48am
Word to your mother

Ah....I see Kalera and Lyn both have responded concerning this issue.

And yea, I was pretty peeved to see that you felt it necessary to bring up a torch issue. You chose to "air dirty laundry", even though you say you hate doing it. You hung out the underwear, but they weren't mine. I'd feel pretty cheesy.

And isn't it interesting that both of us Kendra's had torch dealings with you. Small world.