LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials

Old 2008-11-15, 2:35pm
Who me?

Default Has Anyone Else had this Trouble with Tutorials?

Okay, I admit it, I'm a tutorial ho.

I have purchased over 35 tuts.

Most of them have downloaded and opened just fine.

Two, however will not open from my home computer from my email - hughes.net.

One of them I was able to open at work and resend to myself and it worked just fine.

I just got Andrea's tutorial and I can't download it (the downloaded file size say 0 kb even though the attachment is over 3000 kb) and I can't open it (Adobe reader says the file is corrupt).

I am using Adobe Reader 9.0. Hughes says it is not their problem.

I am so bummed that I can't get the tutorial until Monday at work, and hopefully, that will work.

Sigh, anyone else having any problems with tutorial files? Please, make me feel better.......

Last edited by swamper; 2008-11-15 at 2:41pm.
Old 2008-11-15, 2:55pm
Storm Queen

I have Hughes and I got Andrea's tutorial and it downloaded just fine. I'd have her send it to you again.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2008-11-15, 3:04pm
Happy in AZ

Do you have another email account like yahoo? If so, try forwarding it to yourself at a different email address and see if you can open it.

Old 2008-11-15, 3:54pm
Who me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGlass View Post
Do you have another email account like yahoo? If so, try forwarding it to yourself at a different email address and see if you can open it.

Smacks self on forehead - yes, that worked - to my yahoo account - boy do I have a few words for hughes.net.

Thanks, printing it now.
Old 2008-11-15, 4:05pm
Storm Queen

Probably why I didn't have any issues...I have an AOL email account I use instead of Hughes.

Old 2008-11-15, 4:24pm
WildBird Beads

Hey Linda,
I'm guessing here, but connection speeds and network speeds have a great deal to do with successful downloads and uploads. I'm glad you got it downloaded and printed.

WildBird
Old 2008-11-15, 4:38pm
Meow.

Linda, also sometimes if you just simply save the file down from your e-mail to your desktop and open from there it will solve the problem. I have the problem periodically with Adobe files in Outlook at work, and I just save the file to my desktop - voila.

Go on. Click it!

Yes. We. Did!
Old 2008-11-15, 4:38pm
Happy in AZ

I learned a long time ago, don't fight the system... go around it! LOL

Old 2008-11-17, 4:58am
Oh No You Didn't!

I have Hughesnet but I don't use their email service.

Also, if you've been downloading or uploading a lot of big files, Hughesnet will put a cap on you. Meaning, everything slows down to a crawl. I learned that the hard way.

Oh, and don't upgrade to the supposedly faster speed better plan. I don't see a difference.

My name is............. Deb

Minor/Propane/1 oxycon
Old 2008-12-16, 10:35am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogsongstudio View Post
I have Hughesnet but I don't use their email service.

. . .

Oh, and don't upgrade to the supposedly faster speed better plan. I don't see a difference.
I know this is off-topic, but I wanted to add that my service has been significantly worse since I upgraded.

It is sad that free email is more reliable!!!

Bec
Old 2009-01-02, 7:53pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

so true!

DOG is my co-pilot
Cricket w/two 5 lpm oxycons - and sometimes a Minor.
Old 2009-01-02, 8:53pm
She's Back & Burnin'

I hope you get this resolved

Old 2009-01-02, 9:21pm
Born Facing Left

I had a customer with a hughes email address who could NOT download the tutorial, we could never figure out why, after multiple attempts.

Finally she created a hotmail address, and that did the trick. It was weird, we never did figure it out.