Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Free Tutorials

Old 2010-07-01, 10:00am
Bead Crone

Kristina, you're doing a wonderful job with these tutorials, and I have no doubt you're doing a wonderful job raising your kiddos! How lucky they are to have parents to love and care for them the way they need...you rock!
Old 2010-07-01, 5:23pm
Hot Glass Neophyte

'NED & ELLIE TURTLE' have been posted

.•:*¨¨*:•.
Old 2010-07-02, 8:26pm
Oh my!

Kristina, thank you so much for doing all of this hard work. I am very new and only know how to work boro but I am inspired and I am going to try and create one of these critters.
Old 2010-07-03, 6:42am
Hot Glass Neophyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeky clothespin View Post
Kristina, thank you so much for doing all of this hard work. I am very new and only know how to work boro but I am inspired and I am going to try and create one of these critters.
I'm so glad. Have a great time! Be sure to play with soft glass before starting to make something - if you haven't already.

And here's a link to a series on YouTube that walks anyone through all the steps to get going in soft glass! It was so helpful to me when I was first starting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmgmU...eature=channel
Old 2010-07-03, 8:41pm

I love your critters, can't wait to get to my hot head! Do you have a tutorial for a monkey?, or anyone else?
Old 2010-07-04, 6:11am
Looking for my waistline

Thanks for sharing your knowledge. Great tutorial!
Old 2010-07-04, 7:34am
Hot Glass Neophyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deni View Post
I love your critters, can't wait to get to my hot head! Do you have a tutorial for a monkey?, or anyone else?
There's a pink monkey that's AMAZING down the page at this link, made by Glassactcc:

http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=167485

I can't come near anything like it, but I can try to work up a chimp or monkey!
Old 2010-07-04, 12:48pm
Oh my!

Kristina is there any reason that I need to use soft glass? I mean, can't I make these in boro? Sorry if this is a stupid question, I am new.
Old 2010-07-04, 1:19pm
Hot Glass Neophyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeky clothespin View Post
Kristina is there any reason that I need to use soft glass? I mean, can't I make these in boro? Sorry if this is a stupid question, I am new.

No question is ever stupid! Einstein loved them and look where they took him!

You sure can work in boro if it works for you. Some of the critters need smoothing of joints or connections - like toes to ankles on this frog... so much wonderful sculpture is made with it I bet you can!

This frog Tut is in the works, so let me know if the toes and arms can smoothly connect if you try it with boro!

Old 2010-07-04, 8:29pm
Corgi Lover

Very cute! Thanks so much for sharing!
Old 2010-07-05, 6:23am

WOW HOW CUTE!!!! Thanks this is inspirational, I'll bookmark and use this page when I get my little torch.
Old 2010-07-06, 4:29am
Hot Glass Neophyte

BREAKING BOC NEWS

I am very excited to tell you that an inexpensive, professionally done, Spiral-Bound Workbook of these Tutorials will be made up for the Beads Of Courage program! In the coming months you will be able to buy a low-cost Spiral-Bound Workbook of critters and fun food items and anything else we can pack in for use at your torch though Beads Of Courage. BOC will benefit from the sale of every workbook, so please tell your friends and plan to order one!

The new critters below and the ones currently posted in the Free Tutorial here on LE will be in the workbook, along with other items that will thrill kids, like cupcakes and food items and anything else we can think of to tickle their fancy. Please send us YOUR ideas!

BOC wants you to enjoy the workbook - to make things for the kids AND for your own sales use if you like! Do you have any other critters you would like to see the steps to make? If so please let me know!

COMING WORKBOOK CRITTERS
.•:*:•..•:*:•..•:*:•..•:*:•..•:*:•.

NOTE: 'Fat Kitty' will be revised in the Workbook with photo steps like her friends!
.•:*:•.

Last edited by Fine Folly Glassworks; 2010-07-08 at 4:44pm.
Old 2010-07-06, 5:56am
Formerly FishBulb

That's fantastic, Kristina!! How exciting!

I do make beads like the critter in my avatar but he does have things that stick out (the head thingys) so BOC couldn't use them. Other than that I don't make critters although I can't wait to try the ones in your tuts.

Thanks so much for doing this, for BOC and for the glass community! Thank you also for adopting those children.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

In Soviet Russia, Google searches you.
Old 2010-07-06, 6:48am

Would LOVE the Monkey Tut. They are so cute.

Theresa
Old 2010-07-06, 6:50am
Hot Glass Neophyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawsonsForkGlassBeads View Post
Would LOVE the Monkey Tut. They are so cute.

Theresa

We will be putting it up in lights when the Workbooks are ready! We hope you will consider getting a Workbook as an additional way to support BOC!

Old 2010-07-06, 7:29am

Kristina-they are super cute! Thanks for your hard work!
Old 2010-07-06, 7:40am
Bead Crone

You are making me want to do sculptural!! But I don't want to do sculptural!!! AAAAAAHHH!!1!

Old 2010-07-06, 4:55pm
daughter and I

I made 4 BOC beads yesterday, three cute little snakes and a blue hippo. I will try to make a couple a week till the end of the month and then get them to you. I wonder how we could get this program started here at MUSC, we have a lot of kids here with serious long term illnesses. And a great ronald mcdonald house for their families.

Seaside Fire Designs

Some drink at the fountain of knowledge. Others just swish and spit.
Old 2010-07-06, 5:21pm
Hot Glass Neophyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by valerie_folly View Post
I made 4 BOC beads yesterday, three cute little snakes and a blue hippo. I will try to make a couple a week till the end of the month and then get them to you. I wonder how we could get this program started here at MUSC, we have a lot of kids here with serious long term illnesses. And a great ronald mcdonald house for their families.

Hi Valerie,

I'm so glad you had fun making some of these cuties! Thank you so much for your heart for the kids and this program!

Here is a link on the basic program data. You can PM Lori on this post. She can connect you with the hows to start here at MUSC. It's a great idea!

http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=152032

Old 2010-07-06, 5:23pm
Hot Glass Neophyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBC Beads View Post
You are making me want to do sculptural!! But I don't want to do sculptural!!! AAAAAAHHH!!1!

ahhh, but you ARE starting to want toooo

WHICH one is calling your name???

Old 2010-07-09, 8:00am
Glass my new Obsession

Very cool idea! I love BOC. When my now 17 yr old son was in Childrens Hospital for a severe sinus infection he made friends with a beautiful little girl who had cancer. She had been battling it for a long time and unfortunately she passed while we were there. My poor son was devastated.I hate cancer especialy childhood ones.

Old 2010-07-14, 5:04pm

What a wondful person you are, thank you for taking the time to do so much work.
Old 2010-07-14, 5:25pm

ps: put me down for a workbook please
Old 2010-07-14, 8:51pm
Senior Moment

Bless you!

Old 2010-07-17, 5:19am
Hot Glass Neophyte

Default BOC Critter Workbook - Email Notification List

Okay all you sweet people! If YOU want to receive an email when the Workbook is out please send ME an email titled "BOC Workbook" and we will add you to the notification list. Don't miss this easy way to get a heads-up when it comes out!

Your email won't get used for anything else or passed on. It will be deleted after you are notified. Below is a beginning photo-montage of the collection of critters and fun things that will be in the Workbook, with many more items planned to go in!

We are hoping the Workbook will be out by the end of September or early October! Email before you get frog-getty!

Email to:
FineFolly@bellsouth.net

Old 2010-07-30, 5:25am
Hot Glass Neophyte

Hi Everyone,

I want to thank all of you that are emailing to be notified when the BOC Critter Workbook is out! Hopefully it will be ready for sale and shipping by the 1st of Oct. It just keeps growing! Please email me if YOU want to be notified when the Workbook is ready. Your email address won't be used for anything else and will be deleted after you are notified. Just put BOC Workbook in the title and email me at

finefolly@bellsouth.net

Here are the latest - basic Butterfly and Heart shapes, and a set of Bears that you can adapt endlessly!

Thank you for your sweet comments and encouragement on the children as you email us. It originally staggered us to learn that an average 800,000 kids come into Foster Care each year, and only about 30,000 are being adopted out. They come with significant problems usually, but adoption means escape from a lonely life with no roots, and to often ongoing abuse and neglect.

Last edited by Fine Folly Glassworks; 2013-05-17 at 4:35am.
Old 2010-08-08, 7:26am

I am so glad I found this thread! I want to start doing some BOC and was a little leery about making butterflies! lol But I can have so much fun with these, and still help the kids!

Old 2010-11-18, 12:01pm
Hot Glass Neophyte

Default The BOC Critter Tutorial Workbook Is Ready!

Here are some pics of the Workbook and some Critters worked up as necklaces. The Workbook is over 85 pages long and is full-sized (8-1/2" x 11") and spiral bound to be used as a reference at the torch. And there are zillions of pictures to each tutorial, in case you are a visual learner!

Last edited by Fine Folly Glassworks; 2013-05-29 at 4:21am.
Old 2011-02-12, 12:36pm

Kristina,
You have a heart of gold, kudos to you and your husband for adopting those beautiful children. They are so lucky to have you and be part of your family.

I wanted to bump up this thread for the newbie critter challenge. I am going to work on some of these tonight.

Caroline
Old 2011-02-12, 1:12pm
Hot Glass Neophyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinesbeads View Post
Kristina,
You have a heart of gold, kudos to you and your husband for adopting those beautiful children. They are so lucky to have you and be part of your family.

I wanted to bump up this thread for the newbie critter challenge. I am going to work on some of these tonight.

Caroline
Thank you so much, and I want to add this link for a free Kitty Cat PDF Tutorial if anyone is interested. The PDF also has the first few sections from the Workbook on pulling Stringers and so on, in case people need it. It makes the yellow Kitty Cat below.

I have been posting a lot of Kitties lately, and you can use the pattern to make any of them!

http://www.devardiglass.com/acrittertutorial.htm

Last edited by Fine Folly Glassworks; 2013-05-29 at 4:21am.