Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Closed Thread

Old 2011-07-04, 6:33pm

I thought I would give an update. I sent all the glass back. I packaged it in bubble wrap and packing peanuts, even though it arrived without those necessary items. It cost me around $16.00 (non refundable) to ship the order back, but it was worth every penny. I have also taken the time to search some reviews of the product elsewhere and was glad to see that I am not the only one with my opinions about this glass, and I am glad I voiced them.
Old 2011-07-04, 6:34pm

Lisa, I would not use an electrical appliance that has a crack. Not worth the possible injury.
Old 2011-07-04, 6:55pm
StudioMarcy

Hi Bran, so glad you got it all returned and are done now. Yes, you are right, some folks have had the same experiences as you. And on the flip side, there are others who are big fans, as you can see. It's so nice that we each can have our own opinion and choose to buy or not buy. I think you probably saw that some of us just placed some good sized orders. (I can't wait to get my Frog Green glass!!)

take care,
Marcy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Marcy Lamberson
Studio Marcy
Old 2011-07-04, 7:06pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain Snail View Post
I thought I would give an update. I sent all the glass back. I packaged it in bubble wrap and packing peanuts, even though it arrived without those necessary items. It cost me around $16.00 (non refundable) to ship the order back, but it was worth every penny. I have also taken the time to search some reviews of the product elsewhere and was glad to see that I am not the only one with my opinions about this glass, and I am glad I voiced them.
No worries, we are all entitled to our opinions and this glass is not for everyone. I am sorry you had a bad experience with it.

Old 2011-07-04, 7:23pm
Remember to keep smiling

Houjke so glad to see you back posting we have missed you. I love your Victorian Beaded Butterflies and Dragonflies they are wonderful.
Sonja, that blood red & Reichenbach etched focal is gorgeous.
Nat what a adorable and unique idea I loved the look you achieved with the enamel on the bottom.
Marci, I placed my order for frog green was short on funds could only get 4lbs.
Lisa your luck sounds like mine here of late. I bought my rod warmer when they first started selling them I keep one of the plates in the warmer at all times after hearing what happen to you I had to go check under my plate fortunatley its still intack. Did Natasha mention what might have caused the cracking?

SRA#P109
Old 2011-07-04, 7:56pm
Nikki Haverstock

Can I just add. 90 pounds!!!!! That sound like heaven.

I am glad y'all have gotten a chance to buy your beloved frog green and I can't wait to see what you make with this mythical color. Enjoy that sweet pleasure you get when you have ordered but not received your glass. It is like when you are waiting for a date with a cute boy
Old 2011-07-04, 8:17pm
Live and Let Live

Paula, I have a plate in my warmer too as well as the rod rack. The first unit I got was just deemed 'defective'... no reason in particular. Just a manufacturing defect.

The crack is hard to see when the unit has cooled down, but is very visible once it heats up, in my case. Thanks for checking yours.

PS: I was a good girl and only got 1 lb of the Frog Green. I really hope it's the 'original' tone. The second time I ordered it, I got a green that looked like Devardi Lily Pad, not Frog Green. I don't know if the glass was mislabeled or it was a different batch that came out different than the 1st. Can't wait to get the box!

Last edited by GlassGalore; 2011-07-04 at 8:22pm.
Old 2011-07-05, 7:14am

Lisa, I had the same experience you had with the rod warmer's. After receiving my third replacement just too hesitant to try it (as of yet). I love Devardi's customer service and glass, completely bending over backwards to please the customer, none like I've experienced so far, well maybe Ron and Rocio Bearer come pretty close too. Just my 1 cent worth.
Cathy

"All true artists, whether they know it or not, create from a place of no-mind, from inner stillness."
Eckhart Tolle

Cathy[/font]
Old 2011-07-05, 7:34am
StudioMarcy

ha ha mythical color! Yep, seems like there's gonna be a bunch of frogs hopping around once everyone gets their order.

Marcy Lamberson
Studio Marcy
Old 2011-07-05, 7:39am

Has anyone tried the bead core dyes? I seem to remember someone trying it but can not remember who!
Old 2011-07-05, 7:58am
Hot Glass Neophyte

Default Devardi Bead Core Dyes - Zentangle Style

Quote:
Originally Posted by blong2001 View Post
Has anyone tried the bead core dyes? I seem to remember someone trying it but can not remember who!
I'm the guilty one! Here are pics of them drying. I did the Zentangle design on different shapes.

I dyed the centers and let them dry and then filled and dried them again to get a more intense color coating. It took a lot longer to dry that way but I think it was worth it.

AND I am counting the days until my new glass and tools get here... can't wait to see the Froggie Green, and if the shade is the same too. It looks lighter on the Devardi site, but even if it's a little lighter it is such a nice glass to work with!

Last edited by Fine Folly Glassworks; 2011-07-05 at 8:01am.
Old 2011-07-05, 8:16am
Hot Glass Neophyte

Quote:

I'm sorry you had such misery too, and I wish you all the best in your glassworking career. To show no hard feelings I would love to send you this little guy if you would like him. Just PM me where to send him.

His base bead is made of the Dark Devardi Brown with Reichenback Multicolor Frit and it came out kind of interesting.

Old 2011-07-05, 8:27am

Thanks Kristina! Does the dye hold up ok when the beads are strung? They are beautiful!
Old 2011-07-05, 8:48am
Hot Glass Neophyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by blong2001 View Post
Thanks Kristina! Does the dye hold up ok when the beads are strung? They are beautiful!
The Dye Set comes with a sealant that you apply after the Core Dye dries. That is supposed to seal and strengthen the Core Dye inside the bead. I haven't gotten back to stringing them yet, so I don't know how they will hold up.

I was thinking of making odd-sized spacers in different shapes in transparent colors and then stringing it into a necklace. I'll post it when I get it done.

Has anyone else used the Core Dyes? This round was made with effetre clear and the Copper Black, which I found to be more stretchy as a stringer and to merge easier than the Intense Black.

Old 2011-07-05, 10:11am

Thanks for the info. I think I may try it.
Old 2011-07-05, 10:37am
And silence is golden

So that is what the core dyes look like. Awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fine Folly Glassworks View Post
AND I am counting the days until my new glass and tools get here... can't wait to see the Froggie Green, and if the shade is the same too. It looks lighter on the Devardi site, but even if it's a little lighter it is such a nice glass to work with!
I liked the Frog Green that I got on the first batch of that color. It was a toss up as to whether I agreed that it should have been named 'Frog Green" or perhaps 'Fern Green' would have been more appropriate. Mine had multiple shades of green in it. I'm looking forward to working with this new one as well. Not all frogs are a solid green color though.
Old 2011-07-05, 11:15am

These are beads made from the first batch of frog green. I haven't bought the latest batch but would be interested in seeing if its the same.

Old 2011-07-05, 11:19am
Hot Glass Neophyte

Love that Tube bead Sonja!
Old 2011-07-05, 12:16pm

Sonja love the combos!
Old 2011-07-05, 3:06pm

Folly,
Thanks for thinking of me, your bead is lovely but truly it is unnecessary. Please send it to BOC instead.
Old 2011-07-05, 3:27pm
Hot Glass Neophyte

Quote:
Folly,
Thanks for thinking of me, your bead is lovely but truly it is unnecessary. Please send it to BOC instead.
You bet, as long as you know you are welcome here, and there are no hard feelings
Old 2011-07-05, 4:25pm

Thanks everyone! I was surprised at how well that color combo came out. I think I might make some dot beads or a set of mixed beads, all with the same colors but each bead with a different design. I have been having fun with those and its helping with practicing my string control and dot design lol.

Old 2011-07-05, 5:49pm
Hot Glass Neophyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverRiverJewelry View Post
These are beads made from the first batch of frog green. I haven't bought the latest batch but would be interested in seeing if its the same.

Sonja, is that a reaction behind the Frog Green? The black outlining?
Old 2011-07-05, 6:15pm
Millionaire in Training

Pretty Frog Green and looks like the other color also reacted as well!
Old 2011-07-05, 6:19pm
Confused as usual

woops I guess I should have checked to see if there was already a post on this glass before starting a new one ... so now how do I move my post and get rid of the new thread I started ,lol. Someday I will learn my way around this site and this art : )
Old 2011-07-05, 6:19pm
Millionaire in Training

I'm so excited!!! I just got about 20 pounds of Devardi glass in the mail today! It's like Christmas in July...I was confused at first because I opened the box and the colors weren't labeled and there were even signs that the glass had already been melted -- then I realized this was not the Devardi glass! Ha ha! I had also bought some glass from a member of LE and had forgotten about it. So I still have one more present to open!!
Old 2011-07-06, 10:55am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fine Folly Glassworks View Post
Sonja, is that a reaction behind the Frog Green? The black outlining?
lol since I didn't add the outlines I would say that yes, that is a reaction. I am seriously going to work with this color combination again and see what happens.

I broke down and bought about 5 1/2 pounds of the new colors (am interested to see what the dark peach, valentines red and sage green look like!) and of course I did buy a 1/2 pound of frog green lol.

Old 2011-07-06, 11:08am
StudioMarcy

...only half a pound???

Marcy Lamberson
Studio Marcy
Old 2011-07-06, 12:45pm
And silence is golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy View Post
...only half a pound???
I think that Sonja wanted to make sure that she left enough for me!
Old 2011-07-06, 1:09pm
Hot Glass Neophyte

Sonja, do you mind telling me (us) what blue this is?

Closed Thread

Tags
devardi