Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2009-08-14, 10:31am

Default Help with Pandora glass please

On my third rod of Pandora glass, with no satisfactory beads. My friend gets awsome sort of teal w/some purple color, all I get is either 1/2 see through green beads. If I throw them back in the kiln for awhile they come out either an ugly magenta shade or just a muddy yuck color. What am I doing wrong? I've tried encasing, striking, working cool flame, it just doesn't give me anything. Help me please. And Thanks ahead of time.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[/url][/url]
Old 2009-08-14, 11:41am
I speak Murrini!

Janie~

Here's a thread that talks all about Pandora - and includes other peoples' experiences - pros, cons and what has worked for some. I didn't have much luck with it, but even on a Hot Head, I did have some! It's a bit of a sensitive glass, but an enjoyable challenge when you have success!

http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/sh...=pandora+glass

This is how mine ended up looking after 3 trips to the kiln - kinda too dark - meh!

Good luck with it - hope you find some help in that thread!

De

"Only a fool rushes to his own demise..." ~Zorro
Old 2009-08-16, 1:07pm
just plain silly

Yep, all I ever got is yucky green no matter what I did to it. I think it must have to do with the kiln atmosphere because that is the only explanation left.... but I don't know

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Suzanne
Old 2009-08-16, 1:15pm
Yeah me!

I have gotten some beautiful colors with pandora. Just make sure that you don't allow it to strike in the flame. You want it to go into the kiln as clear as possible. I usually kiln strike mine for about an hour (soaking at 980 for an hour) at a time about 3 times. I seem to get better colors if I do quick multiple strikes rather that longer striking sessions.

Old 2009-08-16, 1:24pm
Yeah me!

Here's a pic of some of my pandora beads