Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Beads of Courage > Beads of Courage

Beads of Courage -- Discussion for all things Beads of Courage; the only not-for-profit, arts-in-medicine program putting to use the talents of glass beadmakers to uplift children dealing with life threatening illnesses, their families and the people who care for them. Families, clinicians and artists alike are welcome to join in! (Thank you to Lampwork Etc. for supporting Beads of Courage and helping to foster communication!) PHOTOS OF INDIVIDUALS OR CHILDREN ONLY ALLOWED WITH THEIR SPECIFIC CONSENT.

Old 2010-04-15, 2:14pm

YAY! I am so excited my little "space frog" is on the flight! then after that, an even more important mission to make a child smile.

Congrats to all the other flight buddies....and thanks to everyone who participated!

Judy
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Buzz, the Space Frog
Attached Images

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eBay: nada!
Old 2010-04-15, 2:20pm
AKA: Noodlesaurus

Diana and De your beads are so cute!!! Looking forward to seeing all of the beads...Judy we were posting at the same time... your rocket frog is way cute...

or
,~Punties, Mandrels,Beads.....GTT Phantom....
Old 2010-04-15, 2:42pm
I speak Murrini!

Thanks Jayne, Diana and Kris! Judy, your Space Froggie is adorable! And Diana...all of yours are great - I especially love the little "Lost in Space" type ship!
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The kids are gonna be SO EXCITED! Yay!!!

De

"Only a fool rushes to his own demise..." ~Zorro
Old 2010-04-15, 2:56pm

Yippie!!! Wow great looking beads everyone and congrats to the winners. I can't wait to see all the photos. Thanks for this opportunity and for such a great program for the kids.
Terri

Old 2010-04-15, 3:28pm

WOOOHOOOO!!!!! Did you hear me scream all the way from Ontario???

I AM SOOOOO EXCITED!!!!
Space Monkeys are heading into orbit! (Which I NEVER in my wildest dreams dreamed would happen when I started making them a couple of years ago) -- hehe, think my head's already up there!

Congrats to everyone -- and yes, the children are going to enjoy ALL the beads I'm sure!

Here's mine -

I have to run, but will be back to check everyone's beads
, hehe I LOVE the frog on the rocket!!

Old 2010-04-15, 3:41pm

Congratulations to everyone! great job
Old 2010-04-15, 3:46pm
Mermaid in Training

Wow Judy! I love yours! Louise those are so funny. Congrats to everyone!

Dizzy Bead on Etsy
Old 2010-04-15, 3:55pm
I speak Murrini!

Louise...yours are the cutest monkeys EVER!

I'm so happy for you...

Old 2010-04-15, 4:21pm

Thanks everyone! I have been wanting to make some sort of "space" frog for a while...my husband works with rockets. But this opportunity is what really sparked the inspiration!

DeAnne, I love your murrini space beads and Louise, LOVE
the monkeys!!

Judy

eBay: nada!
Old 2010-04-15, 5:36pm

Congrats to ALL, especially to all kids who will be receiving the space beads!

Old 2010-04-15, 5:55pm
Remember to keep smiling

Geat job everyone.

SRA#P109
Old 2010-04-16, 3:40am

Thank you for the nice comments about my monkeys -- Banana research has just become a big part of the next Shuttle mission

De Anne those are amazing - I bet whoever gets them will be thrilled, I know I'd want to keep turning them round and round.

Diana all three are fun - I wonder when you find out which one got picked, or maybe you already did - my money is on the alien because he makes me smile but I could be totally wrong!

Judy you got so much detail in there, that little frog is in for the ride of his (or her!) life!!

More! We want to see More!

Old 2010-04-16, 5:44am
Mermaid in Training

Nope still don't know which one... I was thinking the Alien too... who knows at this point.

Thanks everyone... it was great news.

Dizzy Bead on Etsy
Old 2010-04-16, 7:36am
Obsessed Blogger

It's the Alien! But the others are cool too!

::
Old 2010-04-16, 8:54am
Maybeads

Smile Weeee!!!

still can't believe one of my beads made the cut. Wow! Especially after seeing all the other beads here.

Louise - Congrats on your monkeys taking flight! To me, those were a no-brainer - they're awesome!

Diane - Love them all, and the alien rocks!

DeAnne - OMGosh - is that rocketship murrini? That is unbelievably cool!

Judy - the frog is adorable!

I don't know which of my beads is taking flight, but I'll guess it's the dog? I was inspired by Gromit from Wallace and Gromit's Grand Day Out (funny movie) and Louise's space monkeys.

I

Old 2010-04-16, 9:51am
Obsessed Blogger

It is the dog!

Old 2010-04-16, 10:05am
Mermaid in Training

Thanks Lori! It was great new to share with my hubby who is currently in Afghanistan. Took my mind off of being concerned about him for just a bit.

maybeads those are adorable!

Dizzy Bead on Etsy
Old 2010-04-16, 10:08am

AH! Lauren!! I never even thought of Wallace and Gromit!! That is brilliant, hehe omg I love his spacesuit!

Old 2010-04-16, 10:14am
Maybeads

Thanks Diana and Louise! I think he bought his headgear where your monkeys get theirs.

And thank you, Lori, for letting me know which bead! My kids will be thrilled!

Old 2010-04-16, 11:03am
I speak Murrini!

Quote:
...DeAnne - OMGosh - is that rocketship murrini? That is unbelievably cool!...I
Yup, Rocket Ship Murrini! Which I now have about 100 left

Thanks for the compliment...and your space doggie (and your other entries as well) are completely darling! Best wishes for a safe return of your hubby; may God watch over him and protect him!

Hugs,
De

Old 2010-04-16, 2:26pm

I can't wait to get the pics of my bead, I didn't take one because I didn't think one would be selected....
Loving every bead, De those rockets are super cute...

or
Old 2010-04-17, 5:50am

Here's my picture. My son does magic with adobe. Before you couldn't see what was in the photo because it was so dark. Anyway here it is, it's the bottom bead........

Old 2010-04-17, 5:53am

Is anyone going to Kennedy space center to watch the shuttle take off. Would love to hook up with you.

Old 2010-04-17, 6:15am
Your Royal Fritness

I love all the beads
Great murrini De!!!

Old 2010-04-17, 9:11am
Mermaid in Training

I might if hubby is home... and we are in town... We have a list of people we "need" to visit once he returns home safely.. but since my bead is on that flight I would love to see it take off and since my DH got his Pilots license right before he left it an excuse for us to fly somewhere :0}

Dizzy Bead on Etsy
Old 2010-04-17, 10:09am
I speak Murrini!

Oh, Terri...you're beads are super cute and excellently done! I'm crazy about that Shuttle bead...wonderful job!

De

Old 2010-04-17, 7:08pm

Thanks, I love every ones beads and am honored to a part of this group.
Lets keep in touch so we can get together at kennedy to watch our beads lift off.
Terri

Old 2010-04-18, 5:40pm
Run Free Sweet Boy

you know Roccio's husband is also a pilot, and she has beads on the shuttle too.

I am SO thrilled 2 Florida Glass Dragons have beads on the shuttle.. GO TEAM!!!!

Rocio and Terri are our new heros... the kids are gonna be thrilled

Candice

"It's not what you have, it's who you are."
Old 2010-04-23, 1:00pm

ANY UPDATE SOON?? I am excited to see the picture of which of my beads is space bound??? I also keep checking the blog...
THANKS!!

or
Old 2010-04-23, 8:37pm
Obsessed Blogger

I've been in a two day Kristina Logan class and getting all of the info together for media packets that will be working on local coverage of beadmakers as well as some other opportunities!

I do know that the shuttle has been rolled out to the launch pad and it's ready to go for our launch. The astronauts saw them and LOVED them. They're even excited about us having beads on the mission, and for being a part of TEAM Beads of Courage.

I guess that no one there knew what to expect when they heard that 'glass beads' were being sent up with them. When they saw them they were blown away. It's probably fun to see art that has to do with their profession.

I have about 117 emails to go through and many of them are BOC related...I will keep y'all posted as I dig out of my email pile!