Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Sale Rack

Sale Rack -- Sales, Promotions, Giveaways, Specials, Etc.
Only LE Vendors may start threads, but anyone may reply.

Old 2013-01-31, 9:40am

Tomorrow around 4pm - 10pm here in New York would be an awsome time.
Old 2013-01-31, 9:55am

It would take a lot of torches to heat things up.... how about March 16th in warm Florida?
Old 2013-01-31, 10:36am

maybe after you set up a schedule I can schedule to use my timeshare coincidentally around one of your classes.
Old 2013-01-31, 12:09pm

I set the schedule for Saturday, March 16th, 2013. 9 am to 5 pm.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks,
Ron
Old 2013-01-31, 3:26pm

ooooh, that might work for me. i'll get back to you asap...probably be towards the end of next week though before i know for sure.
Old 2013-01-31, 3:49pm

Do you download the tutorial? Or is it in some other medium?
Franklin
Old 2013-01-31, 4:18pm

I bought this...how long before I get my download please?

Quote:
Implosions Tutorial
Taking it to the next level and paving
way for new artistic directions! Tube implosions and fuming are now included!
$24.95

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Don't Worry, Bead Happy"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2013-01-31, 4:50pm

I am so excited to get mine,,,,,I assume..hope it is a download....I actually have some time off and can play!!!

Old 2013-01-31, 8:04pm

I cant tell in the videos how they are making the cane for petals.....Not able to see if it is 1 color..and clear or when they switch??? any ideas???

Old 2013-02-01, 6:33am

HI,
Let me know if you have any questions. The ebook covers everything you need to know about building cane for flower petals. Have fun!
Ron
Old 2013-02-01, 5:29pm

What video you talking about.
Franklin
Old 2013-02-01, 5:45pm

probably youtube.
Old 2013-02-03, 5:58am

I got my tutorial within the hour of ordering it. For someone who lives outside the US this is heaven. No customs, not lost in the mail, and best of all no shipping.
The best was yet to come. Great tutorial and as if that was not enough, Ron is such a great guy he even answered some of my questions questions.
Thank you Ron.
Franklin
Old 2013-02-03, 6:24am

Playing with the tutorial , making marbles, so pls bear with me . First time.
How do you open up the petals some more.
Getting it to implode deeper by not pressing down on the marvel too much works well so far. , but it implodes up into the glass and does not open up enough for me.
You say pushing down stops it imploding deeper into the glass , what opens it some more.
Franklin

Last edited by fsankar; 2013-02-03 at 11:24am.
Old 2013-02-03, 6:56am

Drawing a line makes a petal? Right?
My lines are shrinking a lot . Ie the width of the petals is not the same as the length of the line.
Is that normal? I am getting like half the length.
Franklin
Old 2013-02-04, 10:12am

Franklin,
Thanks for the questions. I am sending you an email.
Ron
Old 2013-02-04, 10:21am
Loving learning

Ron, where do we need to be with skills to benefit from your class? I work with 104 on a Minor with an oxycon, but love to learn new things. I'm a newbie, but not a brand newbie!

(Because when DH asks what I want for my birthday on March 14th, I'm tempted to say a class!)
Old 2013-02-04, 10:40am

Eileen,
Doing the implosion and making the canes is no problem. The challenge is shaping the marble. In the beginning, someone can spend as much time shaping the marble as they did doing the whole implosion. I could start by doing everything, then shape it into a pendant rather than a marble. As long as you see how to do a marble, you can practice them at home. Imposion flower pendants are always a great seller at shows and they are easier to make. Come by and have some fun!
Ron
Old 2013-10-31, 10:37am

Here is my first implosion following Ron Bearer's tutorial. It was also my second implosion ever, so I am happy with the way it turned out. I've been doing flameworking for 2 months, so I'm still a newbie.

I made the petal cane using NS Star White, Cobalt and... Super Unobtainium... Ugh...
hence the spider cracks.
The first photo is before putting it in the kiln, the second is right after I took it out of the kiln. I guess I won't be using Super Unobtainium for deep encasement again. I should have read the manufacturer's warning before using it to create the twisty!

Even though the final product is flawed, it was a great exercise and had it not been for the spider cracks, I would have been thrilled with it. Also, Ron has been very helpful in answering all my questions. I look forward to trying out my next implosion.

Old 2013-10-31, 10:48am

Thanks for posting! Super and standard Unobtainiums can be very finicky! Laid thin, or in really thin stringer, you can get away with some fun results.

Sometimes, encasing them in a thin layer of light cobalt can protect it enough to prevent the cracking. The marble above used Blue Velvet from NS. It doesn't show well in the picture, but the entire flower looked reflective.

Feel free to pm or email questions any time!
Ron
Old 2013-10-31, 10:55am

Hi Ron,

Thank you for your prompt replies, I've been very lucky to have such great support. I've been learning a lot from your answers and of course, the tutorial itself.
I will have to look into the NS Blue Velvet color, that looks beautiful.
Old 2013-11-01, 9:19am

Artifex,
Keep in touch and let me know how your doing.
Thanks,
Ron
Old 2013-11-01, 9:21pm

ordered mine!

Old 2013-11-22, 8:05pm
Got Honey?

I got mine a couple of days ago and WOW! My implosions have reached a much better level! Thanks so much for such a wonderful and easy to follow tut!
Attached Images

Old 2013-11-22, 11:01pm

Smile 104 glass imploson tutorial by Rocio?????????????.

So what is happening with Rocio's implosion tutorial for those of us who only work with soft 104 glass. Did I somehow miss it? Lydia
Old 2013-11-24, 7:36am

works fine....it's just more runny and fluid but all the techniques transfer over to 104/96/90 with no problem
Old 2013-11-25, 12:21pm

I just purchased both the Implosions and blown Ornaments tuts. I'm off work for the holiday week, and can't wait to get on the torch!!
Old 2013-11-26, 7:06am

LadyGlass,
Have fun and let me know if you run into any questions. I'll be checking email throughout the Holidays!
Ron
Old 2013-11-26, 8:31am

I work in soft glass, and I got this tutorial. The information is awesome and it will transfer well to soft glass as long as you remember that soft glass "goes" a little faster and stays soft a little longer!
Bea

Quote:
So what is happening with Rocio's implosion tutorial for those of us who only work with soft 104 glass. Did I somehow miss it? Lydia
Old 2013-11-27, 8:04pm

Thanks so much Ron -- I'm sorry I failed to reply as soon as I got both tuts. I got extra super busy and haven't been online for a few days. I'm off work thru the weekend and am excited to get on the torch and try some of the stuff I've read about in the tutorials.