Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2008-01-16, 2:39pm
Mermaid in Training

Default Melanie Mortel Eugene OR,July 28-30 and Aug 1-3

Anyone ever wonder how she makes those amazing beads? Want to sit down with her and learn? Well here is your chance!!!!!

I was lucky enough to take a private lesson with her in Germany before I moved back to the US. She is an amazing artist and teacher.

She will be at the Eugene Art School in August teaching a three day Class!

August 1st-3rd. It's going to be amazing!

http://www.eugeneglassschool.org/

I am so excited I can hardly wait!!!!

Just thought I would let you guys know so you can get a seat before it's sold out!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Dizzy Bead on Etsy
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by macsynchro; 2008-02-01 at 6:25am.
Old 2008-01-16, 2:46pm
what a lovely way to burn

YEAH!!!! I'm #7 of 10!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!

&
Old 2008-01-16, 2:54pm
Mermaid in Training

That is awesome Kim! I will see you there.

Dizzy Bead on Etsy
Old 2008-01-16, 3:15pm
make beads not war

OMG... I would so love to go! GAH... too many things going on in August for me though.
Old 2008-01-16, 8:59pm

Red face

OK, so now that I'm commited (and I should be commited), where do I stay? Has anyone taken classes in Eugene? What would be the closest/nicest accomodations? I'm travelling alone so don't plan to stray too much! Hee hee.

Thanks!

Kim Angers

&
Old 2008-01-17, 5:45am
Mermaid in Training

I'll ask Marge and get back to you.

Dizzy Bead on Etsy
Old 2008-01-17, 2:00pm
Martyrs don't bitch.

You can stay with me if you sneak me into the class. There aren't any hotels near the EGS, it's kind of in an industrial/mixed commercial part of town. I don't see a listing for the class on the website, how much does it cost?

TEague

< - Click for Etsy Shop
Old 2008-01-17, 5:36pm

$525, they didn't ask for a deposit but they will be calling for one soon.
Teague I've been drooling over your aqua petals focal on Etsy for a while. Love your beads!

&

Last edited by flamebeads; 2008-01-17 at 5:40pm.
Old 2008-01-18, 5:47am
Mermaid in Training

The class is in the next semester... so it isn't listed yet on there site but she is coming!

Dizzy Bead on Etsy
Old 2008-01-28, 1:58am

Marge told me today that... This class is FULL I can't believe there was only a sneak peak in the catalog - the class isn't even until next session. Thank you macsynchro for posting this to help spread the word! There is a wait list so there may still be a chance to get in.
Old 2008-01-28, 2:04am

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamebeads View Post
OK, so now that I'm commited (and I should be commited), where do I stay? Has anyone taken classes in Eugene? What would be the closest/nicest accomodations? I'm travelling alone so don't plan to stray too much! Hee hee.

Thanks!

Kim Angers
Here is a link to the places near EGS : http://www.eugeneglassschool.org/info.cfm

Hope this helps!
Old 2008-01-29, 10:52am
Mermaid in Training

She agreed to do another class! So don't give up hope.

Dizzy Bead on Etsy
Old 2008-01-29, 11:50am

Had to leave a message... I really hope I can go!!!!
Old 2008-02-01, 6:26am
Mermaid in Training

It official she added another class July 28, 29 and 30th.

Dizzy Bead on Etsy
Old 2008-02-04, 9:29pm

Since she will be in the USA and on the west coast - does anyone know if she is planning to head to Oakland for the ISGB Gathering?

Lisa
Old 2008-02-05, 6:23am
Mermaid in Training

Sorry she isn't planning on going to the Gathering. At least she wasn't when I talked to her last.

Dizzy Bead on Etsy
Old 2008-02-05, 3:11pm

JUST PAID MY DEPOSIT!!! I am in the July 28-30 class!!! YEAH!!! Got my airfare... childcare... all set up!
Old 2008-02-16, 12:03pm
Mermaid in Training

Yeah! See you there

Dizzy Bead on Etsy
Old 2008-02-16, 9:33pm

me too..........see you there........
Old 2008-02-21, 6:39pm

Both of Melanie's classes are FULL.

There is a wait list you can get on incase someone cancels.
Old 2008-03-08, 5:49am
Mermaid in Training

I can't wait! Is it August yet????

Dizzy Bead on Etsy
Old 2008-03-09, 4:45pm

I can't wait for this class! The farthest I've ever gone for a class! My B-day is on 7/31, so I've decided to drive up (8 hrs). Y'know, make it an adventure, and try to deny the fact that I'm getting old!!!

&
Old 2008-03-09, 4:48pm
Martyrs don't bitch.

Thanks Kim! I'm excited for you, I bet the class will be great!

The thing is, the Eugene Glass School is kind of in an all Commercial/Industrial area, not very fun to stay in and your food options would be limited without a car.

From that list:

I think the Hampton would be okay and it's probably the most conveinently located one. The Hilton is nice of course, it's in the middle of downtown so food would be easy and it wouldn't be to hard to get out to the EGS. There are a bunch of others that are closer to EGS, but probably not where you'd want to stay. Such as the Value Inn, listed on EGS website. Cheap, I'm sure, but gross.

The youth hostel - if you're up for it a little more complicated to get to the EGS from there, but very close to where I live. A friend stayed there and said it was nice.

< - Click for Etsy Shop

Last edited by Teague; 2008-03-09 at 4:58pm.
Old 2008-03-11, 12:58pm

Teague...if you don't made the class you should drop by after.....and bring your beads ofcourse!!! I love your petal beads!!! And I am very impressed with how full your Etsy shop is! I can't wait to build an inventory. Darn day job! Thanks for the tips!

&
Old 2008-03-19, 7:39am
Mermaid in Training

Kim... my birthday is August 2nd.... We'll have to celebrate in Eugene. I'll be the big 4~0 this year yikes!

Dizzy Bead on Etsy
Old 2008-03-19, 10:01am

Default Class

I am so looking forward to this class! Its going to be great!!
Old 2008-03-27, 3:44pm
Mermaid in Training

Yes it is! Frogee which class are you in the first of the second?

Dizzy Bead on Etsy
Old 2008-03-27, 8:59pm
Martyrs don't bitch.

Awl thanks Kim, that's sweet! I could invite people over to my place for cocktails, I wouldn't want to impose on a class I didn't pay for.

Teague

< - Click for Etsy Shop
Old 2008-03-27, 9:02pm
Martyrs don't bitch.

Oh and I should mention that the youth hostel was just sold and isn't going to be a youth hostel any longer. There's another one in town, in the poor part of town, where my studio is:

http://www.ezhostelfinder.com/tag/Eu...Youth%20Hostel

Teague

< - Click for Etsy Shop
Old 2008-03-31, 10:40am

Default Class

I'm in the Monday-Wednesday class and I can't wait! This class is going to be great! Who else is in this class?
Marion