Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > The Dark Room

The Dark Room -- Photo Editing and Picture Taking. Advice, tutorials, questions on all things photoshop, photo editing, and taking pictures of beads or glass.

Old 2008-12-02, 6:13pm
The Brighter the Better!

Default HELP!!! Problems loading images on Etsy

I hope that there is someone out there who can help me. Currently I am trying to load more beads on etsy to sell and this always gives me trouble. I can't rule out my fast outdating computer (eMac which is 6 years old) or Safari which is created for more modern Macs and keeps quitting on me

They say that these images should be 1000 pixels wide and that they will do the resizing for the thumbnails. Tried this and also made some that are 400x400 @110dpi. All they do is take forever to load, till finally they just won't!

Any help will be appreciated. I will go off and try again now!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2008-12-03, 5:55pm

I am not mac-savvy. What photoediting program are you using?
Old 2008-12-04, 5:54am
The Brighter the Better!

I was hoping someone my tell me what I already suspect...Because my computer is one of the older power pc processor macs, and not one of the newer intel based macs, I think that my web browser software, Safari (latest version), not working properly and miss-communicating with the internet servers, which universally are Windows based. Imaging software operates the same way for Mac and PC, so I don't think that this is the problem. I followed etsy's instructions and read the links that you sent me. I use Adobe Photoshop V8 (CS)! My images will only load is they are 1000 pixels wide and even then only after several attempts....

Thanks

Jenny

Old 2008-12-04, 6:09am
Made in the Shade

Can you use the web browser Firefox? I hate Safari and was always having problems with it. Also, I just recently discovered that, when I set the pic size to 1000x1000, I also needed to adjust the "image resolution". The default on mine was 72x72 (I use Gimpshop software, it's similar to Adobe, only free). I adjust it down from 72 to 60 or smaller.

Firefox is free and can be used on Mac (that's what I have). I'm not sure about the older macs and compatibility with Firefox.

Hope this helps. Feel free to pm me if you think I can help more.

Old 2008-12-04, 6:34am
The Brighter the Better!

Thank you, I had firefox and for a long time I used that. But then for some reason it didn't work after it automatically updated itself. Strange!!! Then I had to remove it from my machine and just didn't bother downloading it again.