No users in chat

The Flow

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2009-09-10, 8:43am
Made in the Shade

Default email question...

this is not a lampworking question, but I wasn't sure where to put it. I am looking for a free email that has a message received function. You know, when you want to receive a confirmation that the email you sent has been opened. My current email does not have that function and I really need to send an email and receive notice that the recipient received it.

Please let me know. thanks, t

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2009-09-10, 2:43pm

Outlook Express used to have that feature, I don't think it does any more. It required the recipient to sent a receipt back to the sender, by clicking on a prompt. If the feature was turned on, it required a response, yes or no, on every email, so it was almost always, and by default, turned off.

You will likely have to find another solution.

Steve

Old 2009-09-10, 3:08pm

I am not sure any of them have a automated function like that. I think they require the receiver to click something to allow the acknowledgment.

Old 2009-09-10, 3:34pm
Made in the Shade

thanks for the replies. I found a free 3rd party software that works with my email called whoreadme. Tells you when they opened it, their ip address and where they are.

That's just what I needed.

thanks guys!

Old 2009-09-10, 6:20pm

Interesting. Good to know. Thanks!

Old 2009-09-11, 4:16am

Thunderbird has that feature ... and absolutely fabulous spam blocking!!!
it is a free download from http://www.mozillamessaging.com/en-US/thunderbird/

"Nothing in the world is the way it ought to be. It's harsh and cruel. That's why there's us. -- Champions --
It doesn't matter where we come from, what we've done or suffered, or even if we make a difference.
We live as though the world were as it should be, to show it what it can be." -- Words of Truth from Angel
Old 2009-09-11, 5:47am
Gentleman of Leisure

Generally most e-mail clients have that feature... Its usually under "options" and usually titled as "Return Receipt"....

For most e-mail clients the "return receipt" will not be sent until addressee actually opens the e-mail ... And like Thunderbird and other client software addressee has option to acknowledge receiving the e-mail (sending receipt) or not........

I don't think there is any client software that will blindly send a receipt with out user acknowledgment.... Whether you get "return" receipt is usually not a function of senders software, but of addressee's software.........

Dale

Vendor-Artist-Studio-Teacher Registry

San Francisco - A Few Toys Short of a Happy Meal
Old 2009-09-11, 7:22am
Made in the Shade

My email client does not have a receipt function. I called them to double check.

http://www.whoreadme.com/

This program (nothing to download, just sign up) does that for you and it is invisible to the recipient.

I tested it on myself first. Sure enough, my email still looks the same as it always does and there was no pop up telling me that it was sending notification, but when I as the sender received the notification that I as the receiver had opened the email, all the details were there -- exact date and time, ip address and my city location. Amazing and exactly what I need it to do.