Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2006-04-27, 1:54pm
Type ZZZ personality

Default What's this color?

I got a bunch of boro shorts and I just love this color! I was looking at the charts and it kinda looks like Goldenrod, but I'm not sure. It's slightly transluscent and isn't reactive. (I don't think -- I didn't put it with anything else.) Any ideas?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Lynx with 2 5-lpm oxycons
Old 2006-04-27, 4:48pm
borobucaneer

Acid yellow crayon
Old 2006-04-29, 10:43am
boro color bender

It's a NS color, because those were NS shorts... could be butterscotch or caramel, depending on how you worked it. I'm assuming it's encased. It's tough to tell from the pic Patty. Got any close ups? Was the rod a tan color?

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
Old 2006-04-29, 11:11am
Type ZZZ personality

It looks exactly like the rod and it's not encased. It doesn't seem to change colors with heating or cooling. Could it be goldenrod? The monitor color could be off, but it looks kind of like Cantaloupe in person.

Lynx with 2 5-lpm oxycons
Old 2006-04-29, 11:17am

Hey Mr. Smiley! When are you going to come to Austin? Blue Moon Glassworks has a really nice teaching area now. Kimberly Affleck really liked it!

Eric
Old 2006-04-29, 12:34pm
boro color bender

Eric... as soon as they email, PM or call and book me.

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
Old 2006-04-29, 12:35pm
boro color bender

Patty, I really have no idea. If it doesn't change, it's not Caramel or Butterscotch. Those both have silver and you would see the haze on the surface changing when you work it. It may be goldenrod, but I never use that color... you've stumped me.