Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Beads of Courage > Beads of Courage

Beads of Courage -- Discussion for all things Beads of Courage; the only not-for-profit, arts-in-medicine program putting to use the talents of glass beadmakers to uplift children dealing with life threatening illnesses, their families and the people who care for them. Families, clinicians and artists alike are welcome to join in! (Thank you to Lampwork Etc. for supporting Beads of Courage and helping to foster communication!) PHOTOS OF INDIVIDUALS OR CHILDREN ONLY ALLOWED WITH THEIR SPECIFIC CONSENT.

Old 2012-09-08, 2:00pm
NightsideDeb

Default NorCal Beadmakers: Answer the Bead Challenge!

The Sept. 15 meeting of the Northern California SGB is a very special one - it is also the occasion for the Beads of Courage Bead Challenge, and we need you to participate!

The meeting starts earlier than usual: 10 a.m., Saturday, September 15, 2012 at The Crucible in Oakland.

We'll be torching away, making as many wonderful glass beads as we can at the eight torches in the Crucible studio. Glass, mandrels and bead release will be available (but feel free to bring your own glass, too, of course). We also need volunteers to staff the Beads of Courage Store, the Sponsor-a-Bead table and the bracelet-making table. Beads of Courage children and their families are also invited!

The Crucible is located at 1260 7th Street in Oakland. There's a small parking lot, as well as street parking. We hope to see you there!
Old 2012-09-11, 10:42pm

Come on out and Support BOC!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

#C-151
Old 2012-09-13, 4:33pm
<---RamboPatootieSuperbun

I totally need to reinstate my sgb membership. Will there be someone there to take my check? I really want to go. I miss seeing all my favorite glass peeps. Who else is going?

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Kelly

Old 2012-09-13, 5:24pm
Glass Addict

I'll be there torching...
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2012-09-13, 6:35pm
specializing in obnoxious

Quote:
I totally need to reinstate my sgb membership. Will there be someone there to take my check? I really want to go. I miss seeing all my favorite glass peeps. Who else is going?

Kelly
I have been welcomed saturday despite not being a member. You should come too.

__Go Big, or Go Home!__

Old 2012-09-13, 7:05pm
<---RamboPatootieSuperbun

I'll torch too if they'll let me. But I don't mind joining again.

Old 2012-09-13, 7:52pm
Flame Dames Rule!

Absolutely, you're welcome to come, and bring friends! And if you want to renew your membership, Jim Kervin or I can take your check - no problem.

Seeya all Saturday!

Sharon Peters
New Bead Display Stands Available - pm me!

Specializing in Critters and Puns and other Cool Stuff...

Old 2012-09-13, 8:32pm
Wonder-wench

I'm in! I have a small bag of beads to bring.

Would it be OK to bring my BOC tutorial book to share? It has tutorials for about 20 BOC animal type beads.

Old 2012-09-14, 10:42am
Flame Dames Rule!

Absolutely, please bring your tut book, would love to see it!

And bring friends, family, other beaders - let's pack this place and make a ton of goodies for the kids!

Sharon Peters

Old 2012-09-14, 10:51am
Glass Addict

Quote:

Would it be OK to bring my BOC tutorial book to share? It has tutorials for about 20 BOC animal type beads.
Yes PLEASE!!! I'm in desperate need of cute critters/beads to make for the BOC kids!!

Old 2012-09-15, 9:09pm

Quote:

Elizabeth
Did you put this tut book together from the Soda Lime Times? Would
love some guidelines on this.
Thanks

[url="https://www.instagram.com/nohlineartjewelry/]
Old 2012-09-15, 10:02pm

Santa cruz contingent had 9 great contributors todayat Kiss My Glass!!Thank you! Kilns are full!!! Yea!!
Old 2012-09-15, 10:36pm
Flame Dames Rule!

Thank you all so much, Santa Cruz! In Berkeley we had about 20 SGBNorcal peeps, two full kilns, and lots of people brought bead donations.

We all did great, thanks to everybody who participated!

Sharon Peters

Tags
beads of courage, norcal sgb