No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2011-10-07, 8:23am
It's about having fun!

Coming to a neighborhood near you!
I find myself unemployed with time on my hands. I found someone local to help create the tutorial, seems I needed help with picture taking also.
The tool really works!
I plan to have a tutorial available within about a week! Thanks everyone for the input!
Thank you! Joni
Old 2011-10-07, 8:33am
And silence is golden

Yeah Joni! Looking forward to the unveiling party!!
Old 2011-10-07, 8:51am
Glass Addict

I'd be really interested too!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2011-10-07, 9:20am
It's about having fun!

Thank you guys! It really is cool, I'll be excited for people because there will be alot more they can do when they can easily do the holes!
Thank you! Joni
Old 2011-10-07, 9:31am
Naysayer

i cannot wait, i was just going to dig this up the other night!
Old 2011-10-07, 1:59pm
Triumphantly Knit!

waiting!!!

namaste
Rowyn

"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right"

"Only from the heart can you touch the sky"

"Be kind whenever possible.It is always possible
Old 2011-10-09, 11:53am
Glass-aholic

me too! I wanna see what you have discovered! I love thinkers! I always say: "think outside the triangle!" (patent pending :LOL

hand dyed silk ribbons in many colors!
WASHERS & TOPPERS - layering components for interchangeable glass topper and to use in other jewelry/metalwork.:
Old 2011-10-14, 2:48pm
It's about having fun!

It's in process, I promise! Thank you Jaci!
Thank you! Joni
Old 2011-10-29, 8:32pm
Smile, it's contagious!

Some people are like a Slinky... not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs.
Old 2011-10-29, 9:28pm
beads....mmmm

^^^^^

What Gelly said. lol

::
Old 2011-10-30, 9:59am
I speak Murrini!

Ahem....

"Only a fool rushes to his own demise..." ~Zorro
Old 2011-10-30, 10:08am
Loving learning

I stopped by the dollar store to get a bucket for clay slop, and was temped to just wander around & try to figure out what I could alter & use, but decided I'd just spend $20 on useless junk.
Old 2011-11-02, 2:35pm
Naysayer

has she even been around? hope things are ok

didn't realize it's been since July, dying to know what this is AND get one!
Old 2011-12-09, 12:36pm

hey jonibird -
I'm just wondering if this tool is still "happening". ???
Old 2011-12-09, 6:57pm
It's about having fun!

Oh I'm so sorry! I had someone lined up to help with the tutorial and it didn't get done. And, I lost my job I had had for 7 years, then got another job which ended up crazy. (I do accounting and they were cooking their books...) so yada yada, I just got a job that I hope will stick. It's just been a bizzare few months. So, let me see if I can get back to the plan! I feel like a schmuck, sorry!
Thank you! Joni
Old 2011-12-09, 7:22pm
Glass-aholic

Your not a schmuck! Just a girl with life going on we have all been there!!!

hand dyed silk ribbons in many colors!
WASHERS & TOPPERS - layering components for interchangeable glass topper and to use in other jewelry/metalwork.:
Old 2011-12-11, 10:30am
It's about having fun!

Thank you Jaci!
Okay, here goes nothing ;c)
I decided I'm making too big of deal out of this.
I'm going outside, making the tool and having my husband take pictures.
Then I'll create a simple tutorial.
It's not a very technical procedure. The tutorial shouldn't be hard to create.
Okay, here we go!
Maybe for sale by this afternoon! Fingers crossed!
Thank you! Joni
Old 2011-12-11, 10:39am
Curmudgeon Engineering

Is the tutorial for making the tool or using the tool? I'm kind of sad you are not going into production but BTDT and it's no picnic. I do think the tutorial is a great idea and far less work on your part to get your idea out there. Good luck.
Old 2011-12-11, 11:22am
It's about having fun!

I'm doing the tutorial to make the tool, and also instuctions how to use it. I will make a few at a time to sell with credit for the tutorial towards the purchase price. I can only make a few at a time the vibration gets to me after awhile. For those interested you will need a dremel type tool with a grinding stone. My tool is a dremel knock off, I think it was about $20, they have them at Harbor Freight. I will ask anyone interested in making the tool for others to purchase a tutorial for each tool made. The tutorial will not be too expensive. How does that sound? Is that fair?
Thank you! Joni
Old 2011-12-11, 12:12pm
It's about having fun!

I've made things like this, they just do not work for me like my tool, mine actually puts the hole all the way through the glass in one step, but thanks for the input.
Thank you! Joni
Old 2011-12-11, 1:03pm
I speak Murrini!

Joni...

I'm still hanging in here with 'ya and looking forward to your Tutorial! I especially appreciate the option to have you credit the Tut purchase toward an actual Tool purchase as I no longer have my dremel tool and would probably want you create one of these tools for me! I'm just so overloaded with work and stuff, I might not get the tool made - even with the help of the Tutorial - for eons!

(Edited to be fair! Good on you Grace! )

De

Last edited by theglasszone; 2011-12-11 at 2:24pm.
Old 2011-12-11, 1:06pm
Meet Molly

Jonibird, I'm intrigued by your tool. Will you be selling the tool with the tutorial as a package deal today or soon? If so, I would like to purchase the "package."

Do you plan to post a new thread in G/S for its sale? I'd like to know, so I can check for it later today.

Thank you and good luck selling your new idea!
Neomi
Old 2011-12-11, 1:24pm
It's about having fun!

Thank you Neomi, I will post a thread in the tutorial section as soon as I finish. I will just have the tutorial for sale today. But if you purchase the tutorial and then decide you'd rather have me make a tool, I'll give you credit towards the tool for the tutorial price. I won't be able to make but a few tools at a time, that will be awhile.
Thank you! Joni
Old 2011-12-11, 2:02pm

What De said - tacky of you Graceful. You may want to consider deleting your post.

-D

Donna Felkner -
-
-
-
Old 2011-12-11, 2:21pm

So sorry I stepped on any toes! Grace
Old 2011-12-11, 2:22pm

I really just thought people were asking about tools out there.
Old 2011-12-11, 2:26pm
I speak Murrini!

(Grace...just to be fair, I edited my post - and I can appreciate what you're saying; heaven knows I've done my share of toe-trotting! )

Old 2011-12-11, 6:45pm
Meet Molly

Joni, I'll watch for the tutorial. But very likely, I'll want you to make the tool for me.

Thanks!
Neomi
Old 2011-12-11, 8:01pm
It's about having fun!

Wow! I just now finished the tutorial, I'm hoping we get it posted to Etsy yet this evening. My eyes are crossing! I will be happy to make some of the tools for people, I just can't commit to the timing here through the holidays. Thanks everyone! I'll keep you posted!
Thank you! Joni
Old 2011-12-11, 9:23pm
It's about having fun!

Okay! The tutorial is now available through Etsy! Thank you for your kind words and suggestions!
Thank you! Joni

Tags
hole in glass, tool