Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2013-08-26, 8:37am
Loving learning

Dark Silver Plum?
Old 2013-08-26, 1:43pm
Happy Inner Dragon

Dark Silver Plum
Gorgeous glass

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

rusticalsfreestyle on Instagram

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
SRA# P107
Old 2013-08-26, 1:43pm
Happy Inner Dragon

Oops I had this too long on my tabs and missed Eileen's post.

SRA# P107
Old 2013-08-26, 1:45pm
Loving learning

It's always great to see your posts Di!
Old 2013-08-26, 1:50pm
Happy Inner Dragon

Aww thanks, Eileen
I'll post pics in the newbie thread again when I have more newish things to show

SRA# P107
Old 2013-08-26, 3:07pm

Where's the pics!

We need more Pics!

Custard...it's just like hot icecream!
Old 2013-08-26, 3:14pm
Happy Inner Dragon

DSP over Alexandrite - two beads in one

SRA# P107
Old 2013-08-26, 3:22pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bepnewt View Post
I'd guess "Silvered Ivory Stringer"

-BEP
You would be correct.
Bob

e-mail:
Old 2013-08-26, 3:36pm
sunscreen me baby

I love rubino over silver. It will give that same look on cobalt too. I have only tried rubino on ivory once. I got 3 great beads and the 4th reacted and turned the ivory black. I remember it was one of those lessons everyone told me you get to learn as a newbie. You have never had that happen Karen?

~

Old 2013-08-27, 8:28pm
Glass-aholic

Trans. Lt teal and Gaia.

hand dyed silk ribbons in many colors!
WASHERS & TOPPERS - layering components for interchangeable glass topper and to use in other jewelry/metalwork.:
Old 2013-08-27, 8:56pm

DH Gaia and Ivory hasn't been mentioned yet!

Old 2013-08-28, 1:16am

I think we need pictures. I'm not getting that visual rush to go out and try

Old 2013-08-30, 7:23am
Glass-aholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaci View Post
Trans. Lt teal and Gaia.

Hard to get a great pic it's just luscious!

WASHERS & TOPPERS - layering components for interchangeable glass topper and to use in other jewelry/metalwork.:
Old 2013-08-31, 9:28am

I like Effetre Pink Opalino (Known as Opal Rose in the UK) with CIM Mojito, etched:

021 by Alchemy Lampwork, on Flickr

I also like CIM Adamantium with CIM Glacier:

6010881093_57109f3fee by Alchemy Lampwork, on Flickr

And Gaia with Effetre Dark Ivory and Intense Black is also nice:

6014727240_c8eea2ec15 by Alchemy Lampwork, on Flickr

CIM Mojito and Aurae:

001 by Alchemy Lampwork, on Flickr

Last edited by helbels; 2013-08-31 at 9:36am.
Old 2013-09-01, 4:42am
Ave

Oh Lordy... These combos are soo cool. This thread needs to be a long timer with lots of pics.. Very Inspirational!!
Avery

Old 2013-09-03, 7:18am

gorgeous!
Old 2013-09-03, 8:09am

Helen - your Pink Opalino & CIM Mojito is VERY romantic.

~
~
~
~
Old 2013-09-09, 1:04am

Here's a chart combining all the contributions in the thread. The entries are in order with the contributor listed to aid in finding the full size post and picture. Some interpretations have been made, so please notify me of any corrections.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Color pairs.pdf (83.9 KB, 856 views)
Old 2013-09-09, 2:15pm

Charles, this is AWESOME!! Thank you so much for doing this and sharing. WOW!

~
~
~
~
Old 2013-09-09, 5:41pm
Glass-aholic

Awesome! Thanks for your hard work!!!

Old 2013-11-12, 7:45am

I love looking back on this thread for inspiration...so I thought I would bump it up. Please add you favorite!!

~
~
~
~
Old 2013-11-12, 9:19am

CiM Halong Bay and CiM Peacock Green. Nice!
Old 2013-11-12, 12:18pm

i'm referring to boro, but if you take agua azul and layer some cobalt (cobalt, light cobalt and brilliant blue work great...dark cobat is too dark) over it, you get a really nice deep blue. it's great for pendant/marble backings.
Old 2013-11-13, 1:23am
Artistically Absorbed

EFF Sedona and CIM Lapis look really nice together. I also like EFF Metallic Black over CIM Midnight(thinned) or EFF Steel Grey. And one other, I am sucker for CIM Slytherin over EFF Light Ivory.

Believe in Yourself and Anything is Possible!
SRA Artist A64