Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2006-05-31, 1:25pm

Default pea green and others.....

Would someone, anyone please tell me how to keep the lines out of pea green (and a few other colors). I've worked it as cool as I possibly can but I still get lines Is there some other secret I should know? Thanks!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2006-06-01, 7:43am
The 2 Michelle's

I found that I got lines in pea green and other colors when I made spools for round beads or when I tried to add more glass the bead after melting it in. I have started adding the glass continously and not doing a spool for rounds or you can make a really wide donut type bead. That being said you may still get lines somewhat...I still do but they aren't the big crack looking lines.

Of course, this is the way I handle the problem but there may be a real way to handle it. I would love to hear more suggestions if anyone has them. I long for a perfectly solid colored bead from these colors.

Old 2006-06-05, 5:33pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmcilwain
I found that I got lines in pea green and other colors when I made spools for round beads or when I tried to add more glass the bead after melting it in.
Michelle, I do the same thing. I read somewhere that if, after adding more glass, you'll bring the whole thing back to the same temp, you won't be able to see where you added glass. Well, I must be doing something wrong there also , because I can always tell where I've added the glass.

Thanks so much for your input!

Anyone else have any other tips or suggestions?

Old 2006-06-05, 8:44pm
I fart diamonds

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiK
Michelle, I do the same thing. I read somewhere that if, after adding more glass, you'll bring the whole thing back to the same temp, you won't be able to see where you added glass. Well, I must be doing something wrong there also , because I can always tell where I've added the glass.

Thanks so much for your input!

Anyone else have any other tips or suggestions?
It's not just bringing it up to te same temp. you have to get it all melty. Get both all melty before you start adding more.

Old 2006-06-06, 4:55am

Thanks Shawnette, I'll try that!

Old 2006-06-06, 4:59am
The 2 Michelle's

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnette
It's not just bringing it up to te same temp. you have to get it all melty. Get both all melty before you start adding more.

Thank you!