Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2008-09-03, 8:22pm
San Diego Toni

Hey everyone!

great rings val - i love making those! they can be a bit tricky though, that's for sure

fantastic fume work - and i love the little dragon!! I'm hoping to get a chance to take some pics of the cool stuff I did at GS this past weekend.

Oh also - in case you might have missed it - Josh Mazet is teaching a 2 day marble class at CBS in Anaheim/Orange. I thought I'd plug him here since he doesn't know his way around here at LE yet. http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=102970

t

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2008-09-03, 9:22pm

Oh man, Val. Those are to die for. Great job.. Gorgeous....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2008-09-03, 11:41pm

Old 2008-09-04, 6:20am

Sarah, your first post. Wow. And such a beautiful piece. Way pretty!!! Welcome.

Old 2008-09-04, 7:44am
yukue fumei

Toni-- Hi!
I LOVE your puppy pics! What happened to the feeding pic? That was soooo cute! GS sounds like it was fun! I wanna see your pics for sure!
The Josh Mazet class sounds reallly cool.....gotta find out what my schedule looks like around then Thanks so much for the heads up!

Sarah--beautiful pendant!! I love the fume glow!

nagi

Old 2008-09-04, 7:45am

Hi Sarah... don't be shy, come out and say hello! Your piece is absolutely stunning.
I love the design and mysterious look about it. Hope to see more of your work and get to know you!

VAL... wowwie wow wow wow... you're on a roll with those rings... keep 'em coming baby!

Jo
Old 2008-09-04, 7:57am

Hello every body, actually I was in the office and could not take so much time to write
but thank's a lot for your comments!
kisses from Switzerland!
Sarah
Old 2008-09-04, 11:11am
Torch junkie

Are ya ready for another dragon?

This one is currently on Etsy.

"It's not the torch you have that makes you better. It's what you learn to do with the torch you have, that makes you better."
Old 2008-09-04, 12:23pm

Beautiful work from everyone. Val those rings are to die for, and Glassroger, I'm loving your dragon. Maybe I'll get there one of these days. You all are a really hard act to follow but here are my humble offerings.

Some creatures inspired by Pipyr's Boro on a Concentrator tut - this is a double posting, I already posted them in the gallery thread for her tut, but I think these guys are pretty cute

Some pendants - These are my best ones to date

Old 2008-09-04, 3:30pm
Serenity Now!

Welcome Sarah - beautiful pendant. Another fab dragon, Roger, and I love those critters - especially the bird Carol. Well Jo, you said you wanted to see some more, so...

Art, Colour, Bling & Happy happening here:
Old 2008-09-04, 9:13pm

these are turning out really really well, girl. You go!!

Old 2008-09-05, 6:59am

I LOVE those rings!! The DAP are so pretty and the transparent ones are interesting and gorgeous! Is there a tutorial somewhere?

Peacock

Tropical Paradise

Heidi

~~
~~
Old 2008-09-05, 7:02am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Over the Moon View Post
Oh Sandy! Beautiful -That second one is drop-dead gorgeous! I make a few links, then make one, but keep it open before closing it up, and slip on a couple more (finished ones) from the kiln. Then I close it up - stick my now threesome into the kiln, and go from there. It's a bit of a 'dance' to not have them stick, but hey - I do love dancing!
DOH!! I missed this post! lol Thanks!

Heidi

~~
~~
Old 2008-09-05, 8:34am

Nice work everyone, wonderful colors in those rings, Val!!!

Carol O... nice creatures, keep it up!

ROGER... I just happed on your etsy page and never realized how delightful your
hummingbirds are... they are so perfectly shaped. Hopefully, I'll have some $$$ saved
up by Christmas to treat myself to a dragon, I LOVE them!

Jo
Old 2008-09-05, 10:28am
Serenity Now!

I gotta say, I've been having a lot of fun lately at my torch! Here's some Sunrise/Sunset discs (same beads - both sides shown), as well as some companion rings! What else?!

Old 2008-09-05, 11:27am
Flame Dame

Love everybody's stuff. I haven't posted in a while because boro was giving me a hard time, but I think I've found my mojo again.

I'm really pleased with how these turned out. I love the rich, deep colors. They remind me of the fall.

Leah
Attached Images

Etsy ID: leahbeads
Old 2008-09-05, 12:18pm

Val, those are vivid and delicious!

Leah, nice to see you posting again, I love the autumn fee, also, nice job!!!

Jo
Old 2008-09-05, 5:02pm
Somethings grow wild

Location: Soulsbyville in California, just down the hill from Yosemite

Dang you all are good!
Here's a little something from me.

I haven't seen lapel pins. I did some with vessels too.

Kare

Old 2008-09-06, 6:46am

Val, you are on a roll, baby!!

Old 2008-09-06, 7:11am

Seriouslyshe has been busy! Kay have you seen her Ebay?

Heidi

~~
~~
Old 2008-09-06, 7:44am

you betcha! I love to see what peoples post.......

Old 2008-09-06, 9:15am
glass-a-delic

Everyone's work's amazing!
Rog, your dragon rocks man!

A friend of mine saw my dragonfly and wanted one for someone.. so i made three more for him to choose. Wich one will you chose?

Im 180 torch hours old, so dont expect much..

This one looks like the previously one, same colors, diffrent stand and wings.

Old 2008-09-06, 9:57am

Very cool! I like the first one since he's got different colored eyes! Way cool!

Heidi

~~
~~
Old 2008-09-06, 10:40am
Torch junkie

Those dragonflies are SWEET!

"It's not the torch you have that makes you better. It's what you learn to do with the torch you have, that makes you better."
Old 2008-09-06, 10:46am

Really cool stuff folks! Hi Sarah! welcome to the boro room - nice pendant! Voic, I love the dragonflies --really cool. Val, scrumptious colors-rings and beads. I really like the pins too Kare... oh, heck all of it is very cool! I'm sorry I'm 800 miles from my torch and have nothing to show...

Sals
Old 2008-09-06, 8:39pm

Heres the stuff I've made since the beginning of the month.

Pendants, few beads and marbles

This dichro pendant in the middle cracked for some reason when annealing. There was no stress and was in for a 6 hour cool down.

wrap and rake ornament

Miniature wine glass & jar

Gold fumed rose

Group
Old 2008-09-07, 2:26pm

Everything here looks awesome!! I haven't had a chance to light my torch in a while and yesterday I finally got around to making a few pendants. These are my first attempts at silver fuming and hopefully the pictures show up... Yeah, they showed up alright. Sorry for the size...

Old 2008-09-07, 5:36pm
Serenity Now!

Super dragonflies - especially the one with the odd eyes - great pendants and fume. I do lovve fume...Here's some more spiral discs - same set, both sides shown, as well as - you guessed it - more off-mandrel Rings! Ya sick of this colour combo yet? Hope not, 'cause I just can't seem to stop myself! Have a great week everyone...

Old 2008-09-07, 5:56pm
Still makin' flowers...

A seahorse I made for a friend...

--NEW and Updated Beading Tutorials for all levels
!
Old 2008-09-08, 9:39am

hiyas
it's 2am again and I just got home from making more glass. There's an exhibition coming up on Thursday called Flame On Glass so I've been working like a demon for pieces to put in. I keep coming up with ideas, but time's running short now. Here's a couple of pics of a piece which will be in the exhibition. The pics were taken with two different drivers hooked to the piece
cheers
Chris
Attached Images

Running a
by Miema on LPG and oxy bottles and a GTT Mirage.