Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials

Old 2009-02-14, 6:55am

Default Tutorial Please? Can't figure this out - High Heel Shoes

Hi Everyone.

As hard as I try I can not seem to make the Ruby Slippers or Cinderella shoes. Does anyone have a handy tutorial or some drawings. The ones I do have all been looking like witches boots.

Thanks everyone - any help would be appreciated.

Sharon

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2009-02-14, 9:07pm
Anyone need some spacers?

These would be so cute to go with the purses I have seen

Old 2009-02-14, 9:38pm

I have made a high heel shoe last year for a "stepping out of my comfort zone" exchange locally here in Oz.

It was on mandrel (you can see the hole near the heel) and a bit tizzy with floral embellishment. It was a bit fiddly to do, but at least it did look like a shoe - something a drag queen would wear as it turns out!

Its a bit daggy, but might give you some ideas!

Nat

Old 2009-02-14, 9:45pm
Lover of Life

Heheh cool!

"Your dreams are waiting for you to come true."
Old 2009-02-15, 10:03am

Natalie that is so cool! Wow, love it and would love to see other colors. Imagine all the possibilities with this one!!!!!

J
Old 2009-02-15, 12:35pm

WOW - Natalie! That is some high heel. Way cool and thank you for the reply.
Sharon

Old 2009-02-15, 1:08pm
Anyone need some spacers?

Now that is a wonderful bead!

Old 2009-02-15, 2:50pm
Back to 👊 1

Shoooz! That is cute!

Don't make me cranky, I WILL "chuck a tanty!" a la PerfectDeb

Old 2009-02-15, 4:29pm

That shoe is sooo cute. I'd be interested in a tutorial for these too.
I can see Ruby putting these with her purses. I have a feeling she'll be making them soon!
Flip flops would be fun too

Old 2009-02-15, 4:50pm
Ruebennesqueness Queenie

I've made high heel shoes before, but can't find the pics... what I did was make the heel on the mandrel. Then make a "tongue" and bend it to make the sole (sounds weird though) There was a shoes glass challenge in the game room... let me see if I can find it

http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/sh...2&postcount=19 <--- my pics are here.

Giving
a try!

Last edited by Bruna; 2009-02-15 at 4:55pm.
Old 2009-02-15, 4:57pm
Dangerous Woman

OMG Bruna! Great shoes!

May your torch burn brightly and your oxy never run out. - Karen Hardy

On a Cheetah with a hurricane Still have my Lynx as a back up.
Old 2009-02-16, 12:17pm
yes, llamas...and ducks

Location: Langley, BC, Canada, North America, Northern Hemisphere, Earth.

Hahaha...glass shoes.

These are all awesome!

Flaming on a Minor with concentrator.

Old 2009-02-16, 4:45pm
HourGlass Studio

I do them the same way Bruna does. I've tried other ways and this way has always semed to work the easiest/best for me. Hmmm, maybe I should make some more one of these days. They wee fun to make.

Last edited by Laurie L; 2009-02-19 at 10:22am.
Old 2009-02-16, 5:18pm

Wow Bruna, those shoes are absolutely fabulous.

I especially liked the long boots!!!! (that might say something about me, but I am not a butt-kicking sort of girl normally).

Hopefully these will give you some idea's Sharon. I reckon it would be easy to use a petal presser from Karen Leonardo for pulling down the base of the shoe shape....... just an idea if you have one of these handy little tools as it would give you exactly the right shape. If I get a chance to get on the torch with a camera beside me I will make a couple shoes and get some photos of the steps for you, no promises though - I am not a tutorial writers backside!!!!

Nat

Old 2009-02-16, 10:32pm

Nat I love the shoe!!

Paula

Still North America's Largest Lauscha Dealer!
Now reopened in South Florida!!
Like US on Facebook !
Old 2009-02-17, 7:15am

In one of the older issues of Step by Step beads they had instructions on how to make high heels, they were real cute. Sorry I can't find what issue it was :0(

Do you smell something burning, or is it just me??

Tags
cinderella, ruby slippers, shoes, tutorial