Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2006-02-20, 5:55am

Default Scoring tool for boro tubing?

Hi All!

I used a really great scoring tool in Sally Prasch's class last fall. It was Sally's - now I'd like to buy one but am not finding one like hers. If you have a tool for scoring boro tubing - post a review on how you like it and a link to where you purchased it. I was pulling points yesterday and then realized I didn't have a scoring tool! Derrr! I need to get one pronto!

Cindy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2006-02-20, 9:23am

I use the corner of a steel file...works...cheap...got it at the flea market for a buck (shrug)
Old 2006-02-20, 10:18am
<--- Time traveler

At the Gathering, ABR Imagery had one that was really neat (dichroicimagery.com).

Found a link to the product:
http://www.dichroicimagery.com/produ...oducts_id=1734

Courtney
Old 2006-02-20, 11:09am

In science lab classes we were taught to use a triangular file!
Old 2006-02-20, 11:16am
ManBearPig

This is what I use. Works like a charm...

http://lampworkingsupplies.com/prodd...+rubber+handle

Old 2006-02-20, 1:46pm
boro color bender

http://cgi.ebay.com/SPEEDY-SHARP-kni...QQcmdZViewItem

I use the same as Chad, but buy them from this guy and the shipping is free. $12 total.

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
Old 2006-02-21, 3:55am

Thanks to all for your responses! Looks like there's alot of different tools I could use - hmmm, a steel knife - kewl! I think the one Brent and Chad posted was what I used in Sally's class, though. So I'll go ahead and purchase that one.

Thanks again!
Cindy

Old 2006-02-21, 6:55am
ManBearPig

I worked with someone not too long ago who had a hacksaw blade mounted on his bench that he used for scoring. That worked pretty well. I particularly liked that you could score a whole big tube pretty easily - just hold it down on the blade and rotate it...

Old 2006-11-19, 5:59pm
Formerly Fireflyartglass

I was taught to use a file to score it and if it was bigger tubing I think I was shown to put it in the flame went you snapped it???
I use a pocket knife sharpening tool to open up the end of a point.