Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2007-05-07, 8:44pm

Thanks! It's just triple passion and clear. Mmmmmmm....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2007-05-07, 9:52pm
Gay rights R human rights

I havent had much time to play lately but here are a few things....

various encased beads

my first attempt at a butterfly implosion (note to self: dont make the background and the body the same colour!!!)

This is my third implosion. At least I got the loop on the right way this time!

Ok I need help with this. This is DAP frit imploded. Why does it look like the all popular ferret poop? HELP

Thanks
Leslie
Old 2007-05-08, 6:40am
I'm too sexy for my shirt

Paula, those are great!
Sonya, beautiful color.
Leslie, the implosions are looking good. DAP is hard to strike when imploded.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

#K58
Old 2007-05-08, 7:33am
Trying to Hope!

Sonya I love the colors
Leslie Awesome pendants I still cant even make a maria
Paula I love those colors

Etsy Here
Ebay Here

NEW Ebay Items all the time here

I buy Gold PM me for details
NEW Handmade jewelry on Etsy
Old 2007-05-08, 9:37am
yukue fumei

Leslie-those are beauitful! I like the butterfly pendant
I am loving the color on the beads!!! Is that sparkle color on the cosmic beads on the left? Very pretty effect!

nagi

Old 2007-05-08, 10:35am
Gay rights R human rights

Nagi, its super ubatonium? sparkly teal stuff
Old 2007-05-08, 10:36am

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonyaHusko View Post
Sandy, your vessel is gorgeous!

Here are some of my recent boro beads....

DAYUM... I mean... DAYUM!

Jo
Old 2007-05-08, 10:38am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venbead View Post
Here is a rose pendant necklace I made for a silent auction to raise money for SMA research. Our friends Michelle and Michael have a little girl named Corinna who has SMA (spinal muscular atrophy) she is confined to a wheelchair and on a vent. she is fed through a feeding tube. Her broken little body traps a loving sweet and very smart and emotionally perceptive "normal" 7 year old girl. She loves the cheetah girls and computer games. she has movement in one finger and with that tiny movement she plays her games. she goes to public school and is accompanied by a nurse or her mother at all times. This family is amazing and I am honored to know them. They host a charity ball and silent auction every year for the foundation they have created called Corinna's Angels. I donated this piece to the auction. for more information about SMA visit www.fightsma.com or www.corinnasangels.org

Woman, not only does this creation make me gasp but that story just about has me in tears over here.
You are a good person.

Jo
Old 2007-05-08, 10:41am
San Diego Toni

Paula those are HOT!!!! Sonya your colors are always gorgeous - DANG!

Here's what I got done lately:
the first is a pendant I made with a fumed honeycomb murrini we made in class - I think we used 20+ 6mm fumed rods inside 35mm (or close to that) standard wall tubing. I have lots more ideas of what to try with this!!

2nd pic is my attempt at a butterfly - not bad for a first try - thanks Chris for the tip on the line layout!!

3 - 5 are my momka murrini implosion marble - front, side, back. Still working on getting good pics...sorry!!

a couple more to follow...
Attached Images

Old 2007-05-08, 10:49am
San Diego Toni

Here's a few more implosions I did as cabs - not sure if I'm going to wire wrap them, or eventually try and set them in PMC...
we'll see!
Attached Images

Old 2007-05-08, 12:52pm
Renee Weaver

Talking

Sonya, I just about had a heart attack. I'm in love with those beads!
Here is a little sumthun sumthun for my neck.

Old 2007-05-08, 1:01pm
mystical cat lover 56

sweet !
Old 2007-05-08, 2:01pm
yukue fumei

Leslie--cool-thanks!!! It is pretty!

Toni--WHOA! Gorgeous--that honeycomb technique is awesome! Sounds complicated to do--nice effect!!! Love the murrini Implosion marble--looks almost like sea anemones nice backing too!! Love the cabs--really nice!

Renee-gorgeous beads as ever--it's no wonder you would keep them--who would want to give those beauties away!

nagi

Old 2007-05-08, 7:28pm

had a creative burst of energy this week - here's what came out...

sandy

Old 2007-05-08, 7:56pm
yukue fumei

WOWieee!!!
Sandy those are smoking hot!!!

nagi

Old 2007-05-08, 10:45pm
yukue fumei

Something from me.....
first, a marble made of Blue Treasure

and 2 horses--I love drawing horses and sculpting them is fun too! Gotta learn that heat control....I took flash so you can see the cracks.....The blue one almost made it to the end but I needed to punty it one last time and "tink tink!" ....wah....
oh well, it is good fun and each one is getting me closer to my goal!!! Needs better conformation, but I will take what I can get!

I love the Iberian horse form--Lusitanos are my fave. The one I made with Pistachio I couldn't resist making him do a capriole and of course....he gets flowers on his shoulder!!!!

nagi

Old 2007-05-09, 2:38am
Nah, not really...;)

Wow, all of y'all are rockin' the Boro!

Old 2007-05-09, 4:31am

Nagi - the movement in your horses is just right! I love horses, too and you have really captured the conformation well. Great job!

Sandy
Old 2007-05-09, 6:58am
yukue fumei

thanks so much Sandy!
yay!
Notes from a horse lover/glass expert like yourself is especially welcome!!!

nagi

Old 2007-05-09, 8:04am

God dang people... you're killin me here! lol

Sandy, as God is my witness, I WILL own one of those one of these days.

I've been inspired!

Jo
Old 2007-05-09, 9:19am
Formerly known as Venesa

You guys kick boro butt! I'm not worthy.....

Old 2007-05-09, 10:40am
traumaqueen

Location: Utrecht, a town in The Netherlands, close to amsterdam

Oh Venesa love your photo set up, your beads are amazing, and the background just fits them !

Old 2007-05-09, 12:26pm
DieGlasperle

Here my first " Boro + "

Old 2007-05-09, 1:56pm
yukue fumei

WOW--cool setups Venesa!
love your sets!

Michael-your boro cross is perfect!!

nagi

Old 2007-05-09, 3:25pm
Hummel factory reject

Sandy, such beautiful little vessel beads. Wonderful. Nagi, you have a real talent for scuptural work. Your horses are caught in a frozen "airs above the ground"... Venus Beads, nice natural habitat for your lovely beads. Here's a focal from me, day 789 of boro burning...

Last edited by kiko; 2008-11-07 at 2:01am.
Old 2007-05-09, 4:11pm
The Venerable Bead

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleekbeads View Post
Woman, not only does this creation make me gasp but that story just about has me in tears over here.
You are a good person.

Jo
I love you too Jo Jo

Paula AKA The Venerable Bead

"I believe in pink, I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles."
— Audrey Hepburn

flaming away on a betta, natural gas, and 2 M-20's

Old 2007-05-09, 4:47pm
Renee Weaver

Beautiful necklace designs Paula!
A perfect frame for your pendants!

Old 2007-05-09, 5:58pm
The Venerable Bead

thanks renee!

Paula AKA The Venerable Bead

"I believe in pink, I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles."
— Audrey Hepburn

flaming away on a betta, natural gas, and 2 M-20's

Old 2007-05-09, 6:10pm
yukue fumei

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiko View Post
Sandy, such beautiful little vessel beads. Wonderful. Nagi, you have a real talent for scuptural work. Your horses are caught in a frozen "airs above the ground"... Venus Beads, nice natural habitat for your lovely beads. Here's a focal from me, day 789 of boro burning...
Lori-
beautiful beads!!! I always look forward to your posts!
Thanks so much for the kind words--I am having alot of fun--it's really different and exciting.....

nagi

Old 2007-05-10, 1:24am
Nah, not really...;)

Awesome eye candy once again!