Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2007-09-26, 1:23pm
The Venerable Bead

you guys are great. It's a plan then. I'll contact you about specific dates that might work.
yay

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Paula AKA The Venerable Bead
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I believe in pink, I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles."
— Audrey Hepburn

flaming away on a betta, natural gas, and 2 M-20's

Old 2007-09-26, 3:27pm
Serenity Now!

I wished I lived closer...(and it isn't the first time I've wished this wish...)

Art, Colour, Bling & Happy happening here:
Old 2007-09-26, 3:51pm
I'm too sexy for my shirt

Thank you Suzanne. She was a week old Monday. She is coming from Alaska. Her name is Shila, it means Flame in Alaskan.

#K58
Old 2007-09-26, 4:23pm
Gay rights R human rights

four beads down, six to go...

bravo torch with 2 ex20's
Old 2007-09-26, 4:42pm
The Venerable Bead

wow leslie aren't you the industrious one!

"I believe in pink, I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles."
— Audrey Hepburn

Old 2007-09-26, 4:45pm
Flame Dame

Hey Paula,
My beads will be in the mail tomorrow. You should get them by early next week. Thanks, again, for organizing this...it should be a lot of fun!

Leah
Old 2007-09-26, 5:14pm
The Venerable Bead

wow leah you get the award for speediest boro worker!!!!

hey something I forgot to mention please no holiday themes for your beads. we all have different beliefs and customs and since these beads are due just before Christmas, Chanukah and kwanzaa please don't make holiday beads, there's no way I can figure out who believes in what. thanks!!!!!

— Audrey Hepburn

Last edited by Venbead; 2007-09-26 at 7:58pm.
Old 2007-09-26, 5:20pm
Serenity Now!

Speedy and industrious indeed! Wow - leaves me speechless... - I haven't even cleaned my table off for months! How DO you gals do it anyhow?!?

P.S.: Paula - I love your quote!

Art, Colour, Bling & Happy happening here:
Old 2007-09-26, 5:25pm
The Venerable Bead

thanks Val! you can have virtual margarita's with us too, anytime!

Jerri i think we might need a bigger picture of the sweet puppy. omg i think I want to bite her pink belly.

leah and leslie do you want to give this group a little inspiration and show us a quick peek at the goodies?

— Audrey Hepburn

Old 2007-09-26, 7:58pm
The Venerable Bead

I had a question asked and it was if electroformed beads or pmc and boro would be ok and good golly miss molly if you are so inclined to metal up your boro then giddyup on the metallic cause no one is going to complain about an armored boro bead!

— Audrey Hepburn

Old 2007-09-26, 8:26pm

phew... Made a dozen tonight... bowing to the kiln gods now.... thanks for the nudge, Paula. I had a good torch night....

Old 2007-09-26, 10:20pm
traumaqueen

Location: Utrecht, a town in The Netherlands, close to amsterdam

Quote:
Originally Posted by isellrejer View Post
Thank you Suzanne. She was a week old Monday. She is coming from Alaska. Her name is Shila, it means Flame in Alaskan.
She's one of Josie's babies right? The one with the heart on her little head..just the cutest thing ever!

I'll settle for virtual margueritas, no salt for me. I need them to be sweet

Old 2007-09-26, 11:56pm
HourGlass Studio

Holy carp !! Did this go fast....Zoooooooom and I missed it. LOL. You guys are quick.
Old 2007-09-27, 2:19am

will post them in the am, still cooling in the kiln

Old 2007-09-27, 5:24am
Flame Dame

Paula,
You know I didn't even think about taking pictures. The beads are all in their baggies and ready to be mailed. Sorry about that! I'll check and see if I have any pictures that are close to what I made, if that helps.

Leah

Etsy ID: leahbeads
Old 2007-09-27, 6:35am
The Venerable Bead

It's ok leah I'll take thier portrait when they arrive. no worries!

— Audrey Hepburn

Old 2007-09-27, 6:38am

OMG I didn't read this for two days and its closed???

Heidi

~~
~~
Old 2007-09-27, 10:50am
traumaqueen

that will teach you not to check in for two days....

Old 2007-09-27, 11:10am
HourGlass Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamn! View Post
OMG I didn't read this for two days and its closed???
Tell me about it...that'll teach me. LOL.
Old 2007-09-27, 8:33pm

okey dokey..
here's mine... hope they meet requirements...

can't go wrong with these first colors
and, of course, can't have a Paula Exchange without Paula's frit. My name's sake, Kay's Haze.
Attached Images

Old 2007-09-27, 8:35pm

Well, schucks... that's 11 beads. Guess I have to pick one to stay home...

And here is why we all love boro... evening sun at Last Chance Ranch...
Attached Images

Old 2007-09-27, 8:39pm
The Venerable Bead

OH KAY! Thank you for producing our first eye candy post. we had 79 posts in a thread about a bead exchange without 1 picture of a bead! *sigh* as my 9 y/o would say, those are sweet!!!!!

— Audrey Hepburn

Old 2007-09-27, 9:16pm

Those are gorgeous Kay! I'm struggling with the size lol. I made a couple of HUGE (for me) beads tonight and I think they came to about 15mm.

Old 2007-09-27, 9:55pm
traumaqueen

Kay those are lovely! I like the sunset in your beads!

Old 2007-09-29, 10:16am
The Venerable Bead

a word about size: I am getting feedback that people are having trouble making 20mm beads. Please push yourself to go bigger. this is not a boro spacer exchange. it's a boro BEAD exchange. these beads need to be at least 20mm tall or wide. if you are measuring hole to hole and they don't quite make it then they should be even larger than 20mm going the other way. I'm going to post some sample beads to show you size in a little while. if you are not sure your beads are large enought please PM me before you send them. thanks

— Audrey Hepburn

Old 2007-09-29, 10:23am

Ok so they dont have to be 20mm tall AND 20mm wide? My smallest is 21mm tall but I really am not happy the way they turned out. Back to the torch today. Will post pics tomorrow good or bad

Leslie

Old 2007-09-29, 11:54am
Save the Numbats

Default Hi!

Huh? What? Where?

Just tell me who to send a bead to, I'm on it!
Old 2007-09-29, 2:00pm
The Venerable Bead

Julian you are making 10 beads 20mm large out of boro. they must be beads not pendants. they can be made on a mandrel, or hollow, blown or pierced. they can be any shape but sturdy enough for wear on jewelry. they should go together but they don't have to be identical and you then send those 10 beads in little baggies with your card on them to me
Paula McDonough
7 pilgrim Circle
warwick ri 032888

by december 1

— Audrey Hepburn

Old 2007-09-29, 2:00pm
The Venerable Bead

leslie 21mm tall should work let's see a pic

— Audrey Hepburn

Old 2007-09-29, 2:45pm

ok i will take pics of what i have but I dont think im sending these ones. I just redid 8 of them and like them better. Its gonna be a rough pic for now.....