Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2011-10-16, 2:10pm
senior citizen lampworker

Default I was feeling kinda of med-evil today.

got hung up on thorny things. plus I was kinda inspired by the chain mail necklace.
Attached Images

A YouTube video I made:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2011-10-16, 2:20pm
Formerly Bakerman44

LOVE these!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2011-10-16, 3:27pm

Nice! I love the mace.

J. Krishnamurti

[url]www.BlownAFuseGlass.etsy.com
Old 2011-10-16, 4:37pm
Not really a tree.

Cool!

/
Old 2011-10-16, 4:41pm

Great job on the chain I have never tried that before looks tricky.

Old 2011-10-16, 6:11pm

nawh deb, its easy. just bend a rod into a u shape, then melt the ends of the rod together to make an 0, on the next link, hang the first one, and melt the ends together traping the first link in the loop

A YouTube video I made:
Old 2011-10-17, 3:01am

Love that mace!

Old 2011-10-17, 3:28am

Great work, I really like the twisted handle.
I made a couple of glass morningstars about 10 years ago as part of my master folio, which dealt with fetishes as metaphors for emotions and their manifestation in interpersonal relationships.
For the chain I made a heap of closed links, then took two links, inserted into a third, open, link, which I then closed. After I had several groupings of 3 links, I joined those together, etc etc. Made for much faster work, every single piece of the folio had chains.
Sorry the pic is so small, but they are from a while back and I can't find the larger versions. This is one of the maces, some of the chain links have spikes and the head of the morningstar is a spiked heart with a drop of red hanging from it. The handle also has spikes in it. I won't go into the symbolism of all that, hehe.
On the right is a detail of a gag which takes the form of a serrated tounge. The chain links are also often spiked and some are worked into similes of mouths with vampire teeth and a serpent eating itself.
Attached Images

Running a
by Miema on LPG and oxy bottles and a GTT Mirage.
Old 2011-10-17, 7:27am

cool.

Old 2011-10-17, 7:29am

Man I thought I was feeling med-evil. You need some serious help wickedglass. Just kidding. Those are cool.

A YouTube video I made:
Old 2011-10-17, 12:02pm
Always Improving

I love these!!!!

Thanks for sharing

Mike..
Old 2011-10-17, 6:08pm
Glassy Broad :-)

I so need to learn to make chain....awesome!
Thanks for sharing!

Nita

Missing my Mini cc & two oxy cons!

The difference between Try, and Triumph, is a little Umph!
Old 2011-10-18, 8:05am

Quote:
Originally Posted by glassdog View Post
You need some serious help wickedglass.
haha, you don't know the half of it

Running a
by Miema on LPG and oxy bottles and a GTT Mirage.
Old 2011-10-18, 9:37am
...displaced ocean lover

Wow...so very cool (and maybe a little phallic?)

And thanks for the tip on making chain. I want to try that but I only have 104 and 96...will 96 work maybe?

Introducing...MY Etsy!!

Now featuring SOCK MONKEY AND SEA TURTLE beads!

....and now with Hot Steeeeenking Peppers!!!

...and Muggle Made Sorting Hats
Old 2011-10-18, 11:09am

no problem roo, I was working on a soft glass one today. my wife wanted a necklace made with every link a different color. you just have to aneal it after every 2 or three links, or keep it hot until you are finished.

A YouTube video I made:
Old 2011-10-19, 7:17pm
...displaced ocean lover

Very cool...I'll have to try it but not sure how I will anneal it...I mean do I anneal it in the kiln and then??? Maybe I will just make 3 links and be excited with that!

Introducing...MY Etsy!!

Now featuring SOCK MONKEY AND SEA TURTLE beads!

....and now with Hot Steeeeenking Peppers!!!

...and Muggle Made Sorting Hats
Old 2011-10-19, 9:12pm
I speak Murrini!

Oh, these are wonderful! I admit, though, I sorta wanna cry just looking at that amazing chain. I work on a Hot Head, and because of financial and logistic reasons, I just sold my new, never used Minor, Oxycon, etc. I'm not sure I'll ever have a chance to work boro...and not learning to make chain may be a life regret! Still, it's wonderful to ogle at and dream. You did a gorgeous job!

"Only a fool rushes to his own demise..." ~Zorro