Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Customer Service Kiosk

Customer Service Kiosk -- Questions for LE vendors.

Old 2009-03-04, 5:03am
Renee

Angry Jack Ridgeway-

Hi Jack- I hate to post this here, but I know you read the boards-I have been trying to call you. You promised my refund of 205.00 within the week and that was almost 3 weeks ago??? It was for shipping the M15 unit back and the credit on the new unit sent that was also broke -on the leg. Please call me. I really believe that I have been more than patient, this has been going on for months

Renee Wright, Carrollton, GA

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"All unattended children will be given an expresso and a FREE puppy!"
Old 2009-03-04, 8:42am

Good luck to you

Old 2009-03-17, 3:29am
Renee

Jack- I know times are hard for all of us. I am still waiting for the 205.00 that you promised to send to me over a month ago. It was for the shipping and the credit on the damage to the 2nd oxycon you sent.
This has been going on for over 2 months and I would really like to settle this before the end of the month. We all have bills and obligations, but I believe that I have been more than patient. Renee Wright

Old 2009-03-17, 11:28am
Who me?

I'm sorry for both of you that there is a problem. Jack was supper cool to me when I ordered 2 oxycons and one came damaged. He offered to replace it but I just asked for the cabinet part to fix it myself - it's been a year and both are still running great.
Old 2009-03-17, 7:24pm
Renee

I agree that he was helpful at first. My first oxycon came with the case smashed. Jack said to send it back at his expense. The shipping seemed high so I called him and he said to send it anyway and he would reimburse me. When the second one came, the leg where the caster is supposed to be was broke. He said he would give me the 100. credit. I know that everyone has their problems, but I spent hard earned money for the oxycon and I am just asking what is fair. I know we all have to be fair to our customers, or we wouldn't be in business. I'm glad you were able to fix your problem, but I'm not so mechanically inclined
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
There's no telling what I would have come up with if I tried to fix mine....heh heh

Old 2009-03-18, 1:56pm
SSDD... go ahead, ask me!

It would seem that he doesn't have the money to reimburse you. He could make a deal with you and send you weekly payments until he has cleared the debt. Have you considered this option?
Old 2009-03-18, 4:19pm
birdergirl ~o~

I don't know the whole history of your exchange but I have needed to call Jack on a tech matter and he was right there and helped talk us through the installation, and it felt very reassuring. I know this doesn't help right now but in the long run I think ( and hope ) it will work out for you both.

~raised by wolves~sleeps with foxes~cooks for crows~feeds the bears~scrabbles with squids~antisymmetrical~politically agnostic.

Torchering glass since spring '06~ gold cricket & oxycon!~
Old 2009-04-02, 5:24am
Renee

Is there any update on my check? Your last post said you were wrapping up a large order and you would be able to send it. Renee

Old 2009-04-09, 9:19am
Renee

Still waiting.........

Old 2009-04-09, 10:55am
moth to the flame

The promise sounded really good.....bottom line it it sucks tho.
Actions speak louder than words.
So Sorry you are having to wait on 'your' money.
Wowzer.

May you always have love to share, health to spare, and friends that care.
Old 2009-04-10, 10:20am
Lover of Life

Wow, this totally sucks! I'd be right pissed off!

"Your dreams are waiting for you to come true."
Old 2009-04-10, 11:06am

I'd be pretty nervous about dealing with a company that was waiting on an order from a new customer to get the funds to satisfy an existing customer. Then there's the whole communication issue, which for me boils down to "this will go a lot better if you contact me before I feel the need to contact you." I hope this works out for you soon.
Old 2009-04-10, 11:17am

Have you filed a claim yet? I've been waiting since January and filed with my bank.
I was told back on Februray 16th that the money was on the way. Here it is the middle of April. I was asked to return the machine but it's still here as all that he has to do is call UPS for a tag number. I'm not going to be out the money of an M-15 AND another round of shipping charges. Money comes back, I'll ship it UPS COD...until then, I ain't doing nothing!

Old 2009-04-22, 3:00am
In search of her path....

I just msged jack end of last week about getting the replacement parts for my m15 and I received them yesterday....I was impressed at how quick I got them. I wanted to take it down to get it fixed but my schedule and money situation just wasnt allowing for it so he was generous enough to send me the parts i needed.

Prints for sale in my
!
Old 2009-04-22, 7:51pm
I'm not Barbie.

who does this dude work for or his business name so I don't buy from them?
Old 2009-04-22, 8:56pm

His machines are great when they arrive in good condition.
Jack, you really need to figure out a way of shipping them so they don't arrive damaged.
It's just plain logic and would save you so much headache and hassle and money!
I am a happy customer and just hate seeing you loose out on business.

Old 2009-04-24, 3:42pm

Default Thank you Jack!

We recently ordered and received two machines from Jack. The machines were surrounded by heavy cardboard, top - bottom - and sides. This kept the machines centered and the peanuts were tight enough to keep the machine from shifting.
These machines, as you know, are heavy. If tossed, or turned end on end, something will probably give. One that we ordered was a Tornado, with carton it weighed over a hundred pounds. It arrived in great shape too.
We are very pleased with the product, service, and shipping. For a "One Man Show", I was not expecting everything to go as Great as it did. Lois and I would be glad to recommend Jack to anyone we can.
Jack, Thanks again and we will be a repeat customer. The price of your products cannot be beat.

Best Regards, Jim and Lois Clark
Old 2009-05-23, 9:39pm
Renee

Ok Jack- I have been MORE than patient. Now I am really ticked off. You promised to pay me withing a couple of weeks and this was back on March 4th. It is now almost June. I have been waiting almost 6 months for the 205.00 that you owe me. I am expecting a check in the mail within the next 2 weeks - yes, I will give you time to figure out how you will get it together. If I don't recieve it within that time, I will be taking this issue further as I don't see any other way. I have read all the posts that say how great your service is, so you must be selling your machines. All I asked for is what you agreed to pay me- shipping fees and the credit on the second machine you sent that was broken. Renee Wright

Old 2009-05-23, 10:09pm

Renee....I didn't know you were still waiting. I feel horrible because I think you bought this machine from me when I was using his machines.
I'm still waiting for $465 on this end from January. Machine is going back COD since he's not sent out a call tag and I refuse to pay for shipping on top of the money already lost. IF he doesn't take care of this and the bank won't help you....please let me know. I'll fix it on this end.
Soo sorry you're dealing with this.

Old 2009-05-23, 11:31pm

Wow ... Irene ... I am impressed !!! If there is such a thing as a customer service award ... you would certainly be the recipient.

Old 2009-05-24, 9:22pm
Formerly FishBulb

Wow. This is the vendor who my local glass studio ordered from. They ordered two M-10s and an M-15, and there have been all sorts of excuses on his end but no machines. He even told them he didn't want to drive 45 minutes to drop them at the PO and could they please send UPS to him for pickup instead? Then he finally quit answering their calls altogether. It's been several months.

Scary. One of the aforementioned oxycons had my name on it and here I am, a week away from having a completed home studio, and no oxycon.

Good grief.

In Soviet Russia, Google searches you.
Old 2009-05-24, 10:53pm
Ad astra per aspera

What's the official company name? I have two new students (my first two!) and I do NOT want to give them any bad names.

Old 2009-05-25, 2:56pm
Formerly FishBulb

Since I don't have documentation in front of me I won't say anything any further. All I can say is, I have been talking to them plenty; usually three times a week or so, about several things, the oxycon among those things. What I've heard is what I've said.

While I'm aware that there are two sides to every story, and I don't know yours, reading threads where people have been concerned about your service do make me feel worried that this might be a bigger issue than I had hoped for. Of course if things do work out then I will also say so on the board.

I also deal with them as a personal contractor to them and I've not had the sort of miscommunications and issues that I've heard revolving around the oxycons. I've found their approach to be very straightforward and easy.

Quote:
If you are refering to me, and if you are refering to a glass studio in Canada, then you are mis-informed. I have been working with them to handle their own shipping to save money. I shipped one unit and it was over 100.00. I only charged them 65.00. I did'nt ask for the difference, just that they use their own shipping shipping account. If you are waiting on your machine from them, maybe you should talk to them. . jack (I always return my calls)

In Soviet Russia, Google searches you.
Old 2009-05-25, 8:29pm

Quote:
If you are refering to me, and if you are refering to a glass studio in Canada, then you are mis-informed. I have been working with them to handle their own shipping to save money. I shipped one unit and it was over 100.00. I only charged them 65.00. I did'nt ask for the difference, just that they use their own shipping shipping account. If you are waiting on your machine from them, maybe you should talk to them. . jack (I always return my calls)

With all that's been posted here, [i]that's[i] the only thing you have a reply to?

Yowza.
Old 2009-05-25, 8:49pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

Quote:
With all that's been posted here, [i]that's[i] the only thing you have a reply to?

Yowza.
no kidding.

DOG is my co-pilot
Cricket w/two 5 lpm oxycons - and sometimes a Minor.
Old 2009-05-25, 9:22pm

I wasn't very happy with the service I got also. Plus the receptionist left me a message on my machine informing me that a replacement had been sent, actually it had NOT.

Now one of my machines is acting up and I haven't had it a year yet. Left a message on the machine. I had better get better service this time.

Debbie
Old 2009-05-25, 10:43pm

Best of luck to all Unlimited Oxygen customers! My M15 arrived (last year) with a smashed case. It took over a month to get the replacement case sent (I did the work myself to save shipping $$) By the time the case arrived, fractured spine and other problems kept me from using it at all until nearly a year had passed. Fired it up recently to find that it didn't work right. Jack said that I had to pay shipping myself to get it back to him, and that he would get it back out of his shop in 1 or 2 days. That cost me $150!!!! OUCH!!! And 1 or 2 days? HA!!! Told Jack that I desperately needed the machine back for a show. After almost 2 weeks, I finally screamed at Jack enough to get his attention. He promised to over-night the unit back to me at his expense. That was not the truth - he sent it for 3-day delivery. Guess when it arrived???? Four hours too late for me to set up for the show. Because I couldn't meet the agreement for the show - I was supposed to do demo's all week-end - I was kicked out of the show, and lost my entry fee. On top of the $150 shipping fee.

Too bad so many of us were suckered in by the good prices of Jack's machines, and by the reputations of the vendors that he was supplying. I trusted the vendor that I bought from, not realizing that all warranty issues would be dealt with by Jack, and not the vendor. This little bit of a disaster has cost me a total of about $1750.00, not even including the original cost of the unit!! That is way too high of a price to pay because somebody can't manage their business properly, or stand by their promises.

So..."Unlimited Oxygen"??? My spelling of that name looks like this: "Unlimited BS"!!

Birdy
Old 2009-05-26, 8:35am

This sounds like a person I had to deal with a couple years back. Is this Jack " Larry "?
Sounds just like the crap Larry has been doing for years.
So sorry for the folks who have had yet another bad dealings with getting what you payed your hard earned money for.
BTW I never got my money refunded for the filter that was missing, and it took for ever to get the oxy con. from him. Was always told it's on its way, then ok I'll refund your money. Glad I dident hold my breath.
Good luck to all the folks who have gotton shafted by another con. oops oxy/con. vendor.

Amelia
Old 2009-05-26, 8:46am
moth to the flame

I can't believe this vendor ignored the obvious reason for this thread.

There is another one of him pimping his wares but I posted this link to warn others.

W0w.

May you always have love to share, health to spare, and friends that care.
Old 2009-05-26, 1:18pm

Thank you for starting this thread, I had seen a recent thread offering a great sale price on the M15's, and was getting my pennies together to place an order. You have probably saved me a lot of frustration. I am sorry that this has happened and hope you get a resolution soon.

Rebecca