LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2006-12-28, 12:56pm

Default Newbie needs glass suggestion...please!

Hi all!
Like I said, I am a newbie and can't wait to get started making (praticing) great beads....but I need glass!! I have a small stash from classes and a studio that offers a minimal selection. I would love to find a site where I can get an assorment of ALL the colors, maybe a few rods of each, since I don't know which are my favorites yet. I am still on a HH so I need soft glass. I'd love any suggestion from all you pro's!! Thanks!!!
Old 2006-12-28, 1:27pm

http://www.howacoglass.com/index.html

Try here. you can order anyway you wish.

A woman can't be trusted with decisions about her own body, but multi-national corporations can make decisions affecting all mankind without regulation.
Old 2006-12-28, 2:06pm
Missing presumed fed

http://www.arrowsprings.com/html/eff...sortments.html

Effetre Rod Assortments at Frantz

Get assortments of the transparents, the pastels (opaque colors), and the "special" colors, which are the reds, oranges, yellows, and browns, plus rubino (also called gold ruby or gold pink). Skip the alabastros and opalinos for now. They're a little more difficult to work with, particularly the alabastros. (OK, go ahead and get the opalinos if you want -- just be careful not to get them too hot, and be aware that they're not always 100% compatible with non-opalino Effetre.)

Get extra black, white, clear, and ivory or dark ivory. You might want to get Vetrofond clear instead of Effetre clear. It's compatible, and a lot of people like it better. Some people like Vetrofond black better than Effetre black, but opinions aren't as strong on that one.

(If the Frantz link above doesn't work, and you want to check it out, go to www.frantzartglass.com and look at the menu on the left side for Rod Effetre Assortments.)

Last edited by Emily; 2006-12-28 at 2:09pm.
Old 2006-12-28, 3:17pm

Thanks....I am headed to those sites right now!