Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Calls for Entries, etc.

Calls for Entries, etc. -- Calls for Entries, Contests, Exhibits, etc.

Old 2006-08-28, 6:22pm
tweetysweetie

Default GlassCraft Expo 2007 - Las Vegas

Alright everyone...not too early to be thinking ahead on this one..they put up the website today for everyone that is interested in obtaining a catalog of classes, registration & info. If your wanting to learn lampwork, brush-up your lampworking skills or take a specialized course, this place is for you.

Leah Fairbanks, Bob Snodgrass,Hugh Salkind, the Mazets, Deb Crowley, Geri Warftig, Pam Dugger, Margaret Zinszer, Molly (Heritage glass) and myself are just a few of the lampwork instructors. If I over looked anyone that is a teacher there & member here, my apologies...these are just the ones I know personally.

http://www.glasscraftexpo.com/

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2006-08-28, 7:53pm

I will be teaching as well. One day boro sculpture class and a two day soft glass sculpture class.Also giving a lecture of my short 33 year career in glass on Saturday night.
Lewis C Wilson
Old 2006-08-28, 8:45pm

Too bad I have a day job! I'd love to go!!

Paula

Still North America's Largest Lauscha Dealer!
Now reopened in South Florida!!
Like US on Facebook !
Old 2006-08-28, 9:26pm
A Splash o' Glass

Seems like it was only last month when I was there for the 2006 event. I took a class with Josh Mazet. It was great!!! I'll be there next year and take another class. With who I don't know yet. Still too early to decide, but thanks for the heads up!

Old 2006-08-28, 9:32pm
Know-it-all Megalomaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by LewisW
I will be teaching as well. One day boro sculpture class and a two day soft glass sculpture class.Also giving a lecture of my short 33 year career in glass on Saturday night.
Lewis C Wilson
You're such a newbie!
Oh boy - I'm off to check their site.
I went to the one this year and spent way too much money.
Old 2006-08-29, 4:58am
Detail G-Mama!

This event is also on my "to do list" one of these years! Ya'll have fun! I wonder if Panty Boy (Dave) is going this year?

Old 2006-08-29, 5:57am
In search of her path....

I signed up for more info! Looks like they have stained glass stufff as well as torchwork so I might be able to talk the BF into actually GOING to vegas for this...he LOATHESSSSSS vegas lol Though I will have to watch for some air fair sales right now nope nada not at $500 a pop lol

Prints for sale in my
!
Old 2006-08-29, 8:11am
tweetysweetie

Karin...you will be surprised to see what all is offered in this catalog, lots pertaining to stained glass! Many glass/supply vendors & the latest equipment...I learned fused glass cabachons, air-brushing, wire-wrapping, PMC over the years there before I started teaching and now don't have time for any classes...oh, forgot...Jane Persico is there and I always wanted to take her class on glass bracelets...
Lewis, whoohoooo..no need to bring your mardi gra beads...we can get them at the New Orleans!!! lol

Old 2006-10-23, 3:51pm

I may go anyway. Assunming I can stay healthy and not miss any more day job work this year.Paula

Still North America's Largest Lauscha Dealer!
Now reopened in South Florida!!
Like US on Facebook !
Old 2006-10-23, 4:04pm
Ad astra per aspera

Anyone have any thoughts about being a vendor? I'm seriously considering this one.

Old 2006-10-23, 7:19pm
Miss my BoBo Griff

If you want to be a vendor in the bead bazaar you better hurry last I heard they were almost full. This is a great show!! It's where I met Catherine and Deb and Mike Crowley and a host of others.

chris ann
Old 2006-10-23, 9:00pm
Know-it-all Megalomaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by IF-Designs
I signed up for more info! Looks like they have stained glass stufff as well as torchwork so I might be able to talk the BF into actually GOING to vegas for this...he LOATHESSSSSS vegas lol Though I will have to watch for some air fair sales right now nope nada not at $500 a pop lol
Karin,
When I was there - it seemed like it was MORE stained glass than lampworking.
There was lots of really great stuff to buy and tons of displays. I think that if
you're looking to get your stained glass mojo on, you'll have a great time in '07.

Get your copy of the new Lampwork Etc. Tutorials and Tips Book

Old 2006-10-26, 6:56pm

Default Las Vegas is always fun!

We always have a great time at this show...lots of great classes in hot, warm and cold glass. This will be my 4th year teaching. I'll be teaching a beginning lampwork bead making class and my "Well Crafted Bead" class which is about refining skills.

The new location is really nice - it had just opened last year when we were there.

Good classes, great venue and lots and lots of good shopping. I really like this show because it is for glass artists - in all forms, so it really gets my creative juices flowing - looking at all the great stuff for sale and trying to figure out how to use it in my work.....

Hope to see ya'll there.

Lisa
Old 2006-10-26, 9:58pm

Hmmmm Southwest airlines flies direct from Seattle, if I could get a cheep seat. HMMMMMM

Become a fan on Facebook:
Old 2006-10-27, 8:36am
tweetysweetie

Liza!!!!!! Oh my gosh, my heart literally skipped a beat when I realized I'd ommitted your name from my short list of Expo teachers earlier in the thread...good grief, my profound apologies..you can whip me with a mandral (cold of course!!) when I see you..lol. Did you notice that the hotels name has been changed since we were there in March?
Hey Chrisann...yes that was a fun time huh? Was it 7 or 8 yrs ago? They're all blending together for me now. I'm anxious for the catalog to come out so we can see all the new classes/teachers that are there for this year.

Old 2006-10-27, 1:10pm
Miss my BoBo Griff

Me too Catherine I've been haunting the site so I don't miss out on early reg even tho I'm on the email list. LOLOL
chris ann
Old 2006-10-27, 1:31pm

I am teaching and vending at this show, Neil and I always have a very good time and the fact that it isn't on the official "strip" is a plus in my mind. The hotel was suprisingly nice, and the food there was very good. Add to that enthusiastic students and tons of shoppers (for beads, stained glass, fusing and everything else) and we loved it. It is a great chance to see Arrow Springs stuff in person and many other bead related vendors are also there. I would definitely put this on your wish list (and Lisa - this year I'm bringing my MOM!). Jeri
www.jeribeads.com
Old 2006-10-28, 5:34am

Last week there were only 4 spaces left in the bead bizzare. They filled up really fast this year. But then most had pretty decent sales last year.
Geneva
Old 2006-10-28, 7:02am
Detail G-Mama!

What day is the bead bizarre? I haven't been to this venue yet and would like to check it out!

Old 2006-10-28, 7:31pm

Hi Anne - the bazaar is friday, saturday and sunday and is part of the Expo. They just put the bead tables all together in one section. Try to come, it's fun! Jeri
Old 2006-10-29, 6:25am

Everyone has a blast at this show. I've been going for at least 10 years now. You really won't find a more friendlier crowd in the glass and bead industry. Several of us will be up on the demo stage this year and it goes on the whole show. I have seen people that spend most of thier time just in that area, It gives you ideas and really differant ways to use the old and new products that are on the market. Of all the shows I go to, this one seems to give you the most for your money and time. The education value of this show is great even if you don't take classes there is all kinds of info available. I've watched this show go from 25 vendors to several hundred and the evolution has been and experiance in its self. For this show I book airfare, hotel, and car for a full week for 2 people for less than $700. The trick is to book online and at least 6 weeks ahead of time. A couple of years ago they aranged a party at a local hot shop and bussed anyone that wanted to go. Frozen Margaritas, Mexican food, and some of the best hot shop demos I have ever seen. Then if you wanted they also took you to a Artist's street show that was held every 3rd friday night till 2 in the morning, let me tell you, that was a real experiance, some of those artists were way out there. As you can tell I really enjoy the show and the people.
Hope to see all of you there,
Geneva
Old 2006-10-29, 6:29am
Detail G-Mama!

Thanks for the info! I'll try to work something out!

Old 2006-10-29, 9:21am
Detail G-Mama!

Whoops, forget me going this year! I just realized the dates are to close to the due date of our first grandchild so I'll shoot for next year!

Old 2006-11-01, 1:11am

This is the best.. If you love Glass?? You better go. If there's not a booth or class invovling it? I would not like to imagine why. LOL and usually by names we all recognize. I went two years in a row,missed two and pray I ca go this year. What's the best??To get one room and see how many friends you can shove into it since all your doing is SLEEPING in it for a few hours any way's. Then at least the hotel room doesn't kill you either.. I have meet so many wonderful people there and still actually talk on line to a few of them! LOL Can't say enough about the Great Folks that run it either. Patti is amazingly helpful no matter what you ask her and how many times... LOL

Facebook

Blogger
Old 2006-11-01, 5:47am

Arlene, that is so on the money. Patti bends over backwards to get things right for her vendors and to make sure they have a good show. All of the staff is very helpfull. Did the pile up thing. So far our record was 8 in a roon sleeping sidways on queen beds. When you get there at 3 in the morning and are up and out at 7 the bathroom traffic is hell and there is not enough plugs for rollers and irons. But it is fun. Some of the hotels actually have someone at the elevators now to check for room passes and of course those cameras everywhere. I was there in Sept. for the Photoshop Conferance and went to several of the Art Exibits. They did get rid of the huge Glass Poppies in the Atrium in the Bo. Went and saw the Beatles show OMG it was sensory overload. No matter where you sit in that theater the show is fantastic. BF is going with me this time, he doesn't gamble, but he' a photographer and has a graphic design co. So he gets into taking pics and going to the desert.
Geneva
Old 2006-11-01, 6:02am
Detail G-Mama!

Well I'll definitely shoot for next year! Mr. Anne and I have never been to Vegas so if he gets bored he can go gamble!

Old 2006-11-05, 3:12pm
Miss my BoBo Griff

class list and registration is open!
chris ann
Old 2006-11-05, 9:29pm

OH thanks.. just what I really NEED to abuse myself with..

The Class List!!

Facebook

Blogger
Old 2006-11-06, 6:16am
Miss my BoBo Griff

I'm already signed up for Patty Gray's 2 day class and am lusting after the Dupille class on fritography.
chrisann
Old 2006-11-29, 10:36am

did I say I took a class from Geri once and Deb Crowley once there?? they were totally awesome classes.. I wish I even THOUGHT I was gonna have money to go this year.. Last year was my first missed year in 3 years, so am really boo hoo hoooing... I loved that place and I want to see the NEW set up..
There are so many awesome classes I never knew what to take... LOL I cover the gambit.

Facebook

Blogger